Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Time magazine screws up re. WDW lines

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    60mins.. is.... 60mins

The psychology of watching others walk past you is getting to you
    I have to disagree- weither it is psychology or not doesn't matter to me. A 60 min line that does not move is intolerable to me. In a 60 min line that moves, your view is constantly changing, which engages interest and makes the time pass more quickly. Also, you feel like you are getting somewhere! I don't think it has to do with the people going past (at least not for me)- it's more about boredom.

It's like the way you feel while standing in a line for a ride that is broken... once you stand there for 15+ min and have not moved, you start to feel pretty bored and annoyed- and that has nothing to do with people walking past you!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    60mins.. is.... 60mins

The psychology of watching others walk past you is getting to you

Not for me. I am well aware that 60 minutes is 60 minutes. No matter if it is a continuous load or a batch load.

but Fastpass, when used to hold a space in one line while waiting in another DOES increase the wait times of the standby lines.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    This was not a reporter providing misinformation, but an opinion piece and the part of the article the OP is upset about is taken out of context. Whole paragraph.

The writer is giving accurate information about the Gold Flash Pass at Six Flags, but then is using hyperbole for the reference to Space Mountain / Spago. No where in that paragraph, nor in the whole article does it state you can buy your way to the front of the line at WDW.

This is the problem in our society now, the 30 second sound bite or the partial bit of a quote taken out of context and then blown out of proportion, especially by Internet forums. One should quote the full context so readers can judge better for themselves.

Here is the link to the full article.
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...657807,00.html

I
    Hey Mr. Lightyear999, see post below (#64, directly under this one with a correction, in its entirety, from the September 24 issue) where even Time admitted that the writer, "erroneously indicated that visitors to Walt Disney World can pay an extra fee to avoid waiting in line."

You wrote above, "No where in that paragraph, nor in the whole article does it state you can buy your way to the front of the line at WDW."

• former CM

Time corrects itself

The September 24 issue of Time carried this correction on page 11:

"The September 10 Essay erroneously indicated that visitors to Walt Disney World can pay an extra fee to avoid waiting in line. Disney's Fastpass is available at no extra charge."

So even Time admits that the essay,". . .erroneously indicated that visitors to Walt Disney World can pay an extra fee to avoid waiting in line."

Unfortunately I would guess that fewer people will read the correction than the inaccurate description of WDW, and I would also guess that there will be practically no consequences for essayist Steve Rushin; his name wasn't even mentioned in the correction.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-15-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago

Aw they didn't have to apologize ..if they would have only read our thread they would have seen thats not what they were implying at all....oh wait...yea they were...hahaha

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345