Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TTC signs finally fixed

Yes, it is true. After like a decade, well it feels like a decade maybe WDW1974 or someone else can tell us how long, the black strips are gone and brand new signs have appeared in the monorail station.

So one of the most glaring examples of bad show has finally been taken care. 1 down about 1000 to go.
    Last edited by photogbs; 09-02-2007 at 07:53 AM. Reason: photo not working

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: TTC signs finally fixed

As glad as I am that the black tape is finally gone, it just seems like bad timing. I can't just help but wonder how long those sign will now continue to say Disney-MGM Studios while the park is Disney's Hollywood Studios.

• Banned User

Leave it up to WDW to neglect something so simple, for such a ridiculous amount of time. Now, if only they went back to the original 1971 chocolate brown color for the road signs over the property, things would be most cosmetically pleasant to the eye. Whoever chose the current green, purple and red designs of those sign outta be put out to pasture. Those are the worst colors to place under the FL Sun since they tend to fade so quickly.

However, based on photos I have seen of the new signs online somewhere else...Still I don't see much difference from the before to the after. I also have to comment that on this day and age, I think WDW should go HD electronic and bilingual, with some other languages displayed for those big demographics that visit WDW..like the japanese, brazilians... I mean, if other Disney parks can be bilingual and high tech in signage, why can't WDW? More budget restrictions to patch up the old?

ok, hopefully that fixed the photos

Sorry about the problem with the photos. I normally don't go around taking photos and posting them online. There are many other WDW fans who do that so I never feel the need.

But last night when we got off the monorail I saw the signs had been changed and my jaw dropped to the floor cause those crappy blacked out signs had been there for years. The funny thing is that they finally do this a few months before the Studio's changes names. So what are we gonna end up with a black sticker over MGM for a few years before they get around to changing the sign again?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    As glad as I am that the black tape is finally gone, it just seems like bad timing. I can't just help but wonder how long those sign will now continue to say Disney-MGM Studios while the park is Disney's Hollywood Studios.
    It's a little under half a year before the name changes. It isn't like they spent millions of dollars on this sign.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The new signs are expensive, and not only did they not have the new name for the Studios, they also have the old Earful Tower Logo instead of the Hat. Idiots.
    -Bill

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think WDW should go HD electronic and bilingual, with some other languages displayed for those big demographics that visit WDW..like the japanese, brazilians... I mean, if other Disney parks can be bilingual and high tech in signage, why can't WDW? More budget restrictions to patch up the old?
    That's what the SYMBOLS are for. The TTC's design is much like an airport. Roughly the same types of signs. And most airports in the U.S. do not have bilingual signs, they rely on symbols.

By the way, WDI has never been fond of delivering safety spiels in two languages either. Go ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and you'll realize what I mean.
    -Bill

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    It's a little under half a year before the name changes. It isn't like they spent millions of dollars on this sign.
    So? It took years for these new signs to finally appear.

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    they also have the old Earful Tower Logo instead of the Hat. Idiots.
    Idiot's with taste.
    Last edited by EPCOT; 09-02-2007 at 04:28 PM.

• Banned User

3-4 months isnt a long time. They should have changed it now to avoid the hassel in the future.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    3-4 months isnt a long time. They should have changed it now to avoid the hassel in the future.
    That would just cause a hassle now. I'd rather they just make the Disney's Hollywood Studios signs and just wait. A length of time after the change waiting for new signs only makes Disney look worse, in my eyes.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The new signs are expensive, and not only did they not have the new name for the Studios, they also have the old Earful Tower Logo instead of the Hat. Idiots.
    Care to offer some price tags, because I have a very hard time believing that those small signs are expensive, at least relatively (by relative, I mean the cost for the company relative to all the other things it pays for, not expensive relative to an individual buying one).

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Try 4-5 months. And I completely disagree with you. Can you imagine the confusion taking place of people wanting to go to the Disney-MGM Studios and seeing signs for this Disney's Hollywood Studios? Your standard guest has a hard enough time trying to figure out how to put their pointer finger on the scanner at the turnstiles. DHS is not the name of the park... at least not until sometime in January. In my view, it is a much better idea to change all the signage along with the name itself in one big swoop.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Those signs cost about three grand a piece.
    -Bill

Try 4-5 months. And I completely disagree with you. Can you imagine the confusion taking place of people wanting to go to the Disney-MGM Studios and seeing signs for this Disney's Hollywood Studios? Your standard guest has a hard enough time trying to figure out how to put their pointer finger on the scanner at the turnstiles. DHS is not the name of the park... at least not until sometime in January.
    They had no problem putting black tape on the sign for a few years, why not create the signs with "Disney's Hollywood Studios," but put a temporary piece over it with "Disney-MGM Studios." IMO, it's no worse than the black tape, and at least it would be temporary. Once the name change goes into effect, Voila! two seconds, very little cost, and the sign would then look as it should.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast