Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooksville, FL
    Posts
    55

    TTC signs finally fixed

    Yes, it is true. After like a decade, well it feels like a decade maybe WDW1974 or someone else can tell us how long, the black strips are gone and brand new signs have appeared in the monorail station.






    So one of the most glaring examples of bad show has finally been taken care. 1 down about 1000 to go.
    Last edited by photogbs; 09-02-2007 at 07:53 AM. Reason: photo not working

  2. #2

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,059
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    As glad as I am that the black tape is finally gone, it just seems like bad timing. I can't just help but wonder how long those sign will now continue to say Disney-MGM Studios while the park is Disney's Hollywood Studios.

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Leave it up to WDW to neglect something so simple, for such a ridiculous amount of time. Now, if only they went back to the original 1971 chocolate brown color for the road signs over the property, things would be most cosmetically pleasant to the eye. Whoever chose the current green, purple and red designs of those sign outta be put out to pasture. Those are the worst colors to place under the FL Sun since they tend to fade so quickly.

    However, based on photos I have seen of the new signs online somewhere else...Still I don't see much difference from the before to the after. I also have to comment that on this day and age, I think WDW should go HD electronic and bilingual, with some other languages displayed for those big demographics that visit WDW..like the japanese, brazilians... I mean, if other Disney parks can be bilingual and high tech in signage, why can't WDW? More budget restrictions to patch up the old?

  4. #4

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooksville, FL
    Posts
    55

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    ok, hopefully that fixed the photos

  5. #5

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooksville, FL
    Posts
    55

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Sorry about the problem with the photos. I normally don't go around taking photos and posting them online. There are many other WDW fans who do that so I never feel the need.

    But last night when we got off the monorail I saw the signs had been changed and my jaw dropped to the floor cause those crappy blacked out signs had been there for years. The funny thing is that they finally do this a few months before the Studio's changes names. So what are we gonna end up with a black sticker over MGM for a few years before they get around to changing the sign again?

  6. #6

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    As glad as I am that the black tape is finally gone, it just seems like bad timing. I can't just help but wonder how long those sign will now continue to say Disney-MGM Studios while the park is Disney's Hollywood Studios.
    It's a little under half a year before the name changes. It isn't like they spent millions of dollars on this sign.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  7. #7

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    The new signs are expensive, and not only did they not have the new name for the Studios, they also have the old Earful Tower Logo instead of the Hat. Idiots.
    -Bill

  8. #8

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think WDW should go HD electronic and bilingual, with some other languages displayed for those big demographics that visit WDW..like the japanese, brazilians... I mean, if other Disney parks can be bilingual and high tech in signage, why can't WDW? More budget restrictions to patch up the old?
    That's what the SYMBOLS are for. The TTC's design is much like an airport. Roughly the same types of signs. And most airports in the U.S. do not have bilingual signs, they rely on symbols.

    By the way, WDI has never been fond of delivering safety spiels in two languages either. Go ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and you'll realize what I mean.
    -Bill

  9. #9

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,059
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    It's a little under half a year before the name changes. It isn't like they spent millions of dollars on this sign.
    So? It took years for these new signs to finally appear.

  10. #10

    • One big touch screen.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    407

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    they also have the old Earful Tower Logo instead of the Hat. Idiots.
    Idiot's with taste.
    Last edited by EPCOT; 09-02-2007 at 04:28 PM.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    It's a little under half a year before the name changes. It isn't like they spent millions of dollars on this sign.
    3-4 months isnt a long time. They should have changed it now to avoid the hassel in the future.

  12. #12

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,059
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    3-4 months isnt a long time. They should have changed it now to avoid the hassel in the future.
    That would just cause a hassle now. I'd rather they just make the Disney's Hollywood Studios signs and just wait. A length of time after the change waiting for new signs only makes Disney look worse, in my eyes.

  13. #13

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The new signs are expensive, and not only did they not have the new name for the Studios, they also have the old Earful Tower Logo instead of the Hat. Idiots.
    Care to offer some price tags, because I have a very hard time believing that those small signs are expensive, at least relatively (by relative, I mean the cost for the company relative to all the other things it pays for, not expensive relative to an individual buying one).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    3-4 months isnt a long time. They should have changed it now to avoid the hassel in the future.
    Try 4-5 months. And I completely disagree with you. Can you imagine the confusion taking place of people wanting to go to the Disney-MGM Studios and seeing signs for this Disney's Hollywood Studios? Your standard guest has a hard enough time trying to figure out how to put their pointer finger on the scanner at the turnstiles. DHS is not the name of the park... at least not until sometime in January. In my view, it is a much better idea to change all the signage along with the name itself in one big swoop.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  14. #14

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Those signs cost about three grand a piece.
    -Bill

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    309

    Re: TTC signs finally fixed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Try 4-5 months. And I completely disagree with you. Can you imagine the confusion taking place of people wanting to go to the Disney-MGM Studios and seeing signs for this Disney's Hollywood Studios? Your standard guest has a hard enough time trying to figure out how to put their pointer finger on the scanner at the turnstiles. DHS is not the name of the park... at least not until sometime in January.
    They had no problem putting black tape on the sign for a few years, why not create the signs with "Disney's Hollywood Studios," but put a temporary piece over it with "Disney-MGM Studios." IMO, it's no worse than the black tape, and at least it would be temporary. Once the name change goes into effect, Voila! two seconds, very little cost, and the sign would then look as it should.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

    "I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DCA might be getting fixed but.....
    By Magus in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 08:55 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 06:56 PM
  3. Could DC be fixed?!?!?! - gasp - soon?!?!
    By WDWGirl in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 01:55 PM
  4. MiceMail Not Available [Fixed]
    By Monorail Man in forum The Forums
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
  5. Have they fixed the GCH?
    By Gothemi in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 12:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •