Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Yoyo's Solo Trip Report 8/25-9/1

So, many of you already know I just returned from Walt Disney World. This was a new experience for me, since it was essentially the first time I would be spending the majority of my time alone. While I did spend some time with fellow Mice Chatters, and the end of the trip with my gorgeous honey, still a lot of time by myself. However, I found the time to myself to be quiet enjoyable. I did things when I wanted to do them, and found that I was only really lonely once the entire trip, and that was during the Magic Kingdom's Extra Magic Evening Hours. To see all the pics, click here.

So, as to not bore you with a play by play of the entire trip, here are some highlights:

Got there just in time for the meet. Great group of people!

Muppet Mobile Labs is really cool!

Some hotel shots:

My room.

More of my room.

View from my balcony

Some ducks just walked onto my balcony one day.

Some water features...

The water from the lobby comes down this way

Through here

Over the waterfalls

And into the pool.

Waterfall at night.

Gorgeous sunsets by the boat dock

Also get to see one of my favorites, the Electrical Water Pageant.

Coming up: Pics from the parks!
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 09-03-2007 at 01:41 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Re: Yoyo's Solo Trip Report 8/25-9/1

Yay!! I can't wait to see more ... I'm going to WDW this October and will be frantically reading every TR to get excited...
    <3 Chloe

• Again! Again! Again!

Yay!! Glad you had a good time. Can't wait to see more.

And is that the Wilderness Lodge? If so, I think I might hate you right now. Ok not really.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

As promised, here are some shots of the parks. I didn't take as many as I would have liked, but here are some highlights:

Kinda proud of this...

I am so glad I got to see this finally. It really was a wonderful show. So full of fun and humor and emotion. I can't wait to see this again and again when I return.

I miss the old Land so much. It was so much more peaceful.

I should really learn to stop and take a picture instead of just snapping while walking. Still, not too bad.

My favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World!

Funny story about Splash. One day I went and Splash was closed for about an hour. So, I got a Fastpass and returned. When I got to this scene, there was a water bottle right next to Brer Rabbit, where his bindle is. I couldn't remember seeing it previously, but since it had no label I thought maybe I just never noticed it. I got off and jumped right back on. When I got to this scene again, the bottle was gone. Weird.

It needs a rehab, but it was good to see again.

Spaceship Earth, it all its glory.

Another from the end of the trip

The Walter E. Disney

One thing I did do differently this year is the Dining with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby. This is the plate that was given to us as a memento. It was a truly wonderful experience, as the Imagineer was very interesting. Unfortunately, the conversation was dominated by a young boy who kept asking questions about things that were not relevant or were redundant. There really should be an age limit to this. 2 projects this particular Imagineer was working on? Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth.

I always have to take a picture of the Dreammobile in Mouse Gear whenever I go.

Nice Tower of Terror Lobby shot

Not only do I love that Donald's clothes are real, but that he has a margarita next to them!

Yes! I was a dreams winner! I used the new single rider line in the Rock n Roller Coaster, and there were 2 Dream Squad members inside. When I was allowed through, they told me not to move into the attraction queue after the preshow until they were both there. We all won Dream Fastpasses. Unfortunately, I had already done the Tower of Terror twice, been on the Rock N Roller Coaster, and had no intention of doing anything else on the Fastpass, since it was also the morning I had reservations for my dining with an Imagineer. So, I still have an unused Fastpass, which I think is better than a half used one anyway.

Also, the last full day of my trip I was with NNL and her friend, and we saw Dream Squad members head to the exit of Tom Sawyer Island. We quickly jumped on the next raft, and explored a little bit. As soon as we saw the Squad passing out stuff to the people exiting. We wound up receiving the dream pin and lanyard set from them. So 2 Dreams won during the week isn't bad at all!

Before I move onto the next portion of the trip report, just a few comments:
    As for the new attractions I had not experienced:

Nemo Musical: I loved it! The Animal Kingdom keeps getting better and better. Add a few more things and this might move up my list of favorite theme parks.

O'Canada: I already posted my thoughts in the other thread, but I really liked this new version. I thought it had enough balance of humor and beauty to keep things interesting, and the pace didn't make it seem slow. Definitely an improvement, and I think a new regular stop on my World Showcase touring.

Gran Fiesta Tour: No real difference to the original. Just a switch in my opinion. Still cute, still cheesy, still fun. Wish they had used AAs at the ending concert, but still a cute ride. I especially like how the music makes the attraction seem so much quicker now.

Nemo cabs: I liked this a lot. The angler fish is really cool, and the ending with the fish in the tank seemed to work better here than in the subs. I also am partial to the song Big Blue World too, but overall I think this is a great addition.

Muppet Mobile Labs: While not an addition that may be permanent, still is worth mentioning. I stumbled across this about 3 or 4 times during my trip, and I think it really is a wonderful idea. While it might not be that appropriate for EPCOT, it still is great. There are apparently 2 types of encounters, a show and more of a meet and greet interaction/experience. I saw both, and I will say I prefer the interaction with the crowd much better. Here's hoping it will become permanent and find a home somewhere.

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: First off, it doesn't fit in Tomorrowland at all. Am I glad I saw it? Yes. Would I rush back to it? No. That's about all I can say.

One, maybe 2 more parts to go!

Cool shots.

What Hotel is that?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas View Post
    Where Hotel is that?
    The Wilderness Lodge.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I decided that I was going to test out a new tour I was developing for the Magic Kingdom. Don't ask what prompted me to take this tour, but I thought it would be fun. Now, keep in mind this is not necessarily my opinions, but based on a lot of reading I have done, most people seem to dislike quite a few MK attractions, so I decided to invent the crappy attraction tour. Any attraction that is either hated for its horribleness, need for a rehab, or lack of fitting its theme was on the agenda. What's on the list you ask?

I happen to love it, but it has a lot of enemies.

Only thing I hate is when it becomes a cheering and booing contest for the presidents. Luckily, the audience was quiet during the show. Again, I actually enjoy this show.

Never again.

If they fixed the audio this would be so much better. I do love it however.

I've seen a few complaints about them fitting in the theme of Adventureland. The only problem I had is the looks I got when I went alone.

It needs a rehab. Badly. Went much faster than I remember, but nowhere near the perfection of DL's. It's a crappy attraction when you have to text your girlfriend and tell her you survived after riding it.

NEVER. So bad.

Those not pictured: Snow White's Scary Adventures and the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, which was made worse by two girls cutting in front of everyone, thinking that the wait time card was a front of the line pass. Then, they kept stopping short in front of me, and the car behind kept bumping me. Truly the definition of a crappy attraction.

Also, I did not do Laugh Floor because I promised NNL I would do it with her after she arrived, but believe me it would have been on the tour also. I also thought about attractions like Pooh, The Barnstormer, and the Swiss Family Treehouse, but the Treehouse and the Barnstormer fit perfectly the areas they were designed for, and Pooh is a great dark ride; the only thing people get upset about was the replacement of Toad. I didn't do the playground however. Even I can't lower myself to that.

I you read my Disneyland trip report from July, you will notice I have a habit of coming across some pretty random things. So, here are some of the pictures and conversations I overheard during this trip:

Kid having fun in Club Cool.

It says Disneyland New Orleans Square on it. Nice.

Now that's a big window for return.

Some Space Mountain with the lights on pics:

Storm Brewing. Fun taking a boat to the Contemporary in that.

Park closed at 8. Fantasmic was at 8:30. Yet, there was this sign. Weird.

These are hotel guests for the Extra Magic Hour at EPCOT. Insanity. How do you beat the crowds? Go through the Princess breakfast line like I did. I did ask, and they said it was ok.

The queue for the TTA. Craziness.

Maybe it was because it kepy breaking down. I was stuck here for a good 10 minutes before they got it moving again. This is a picture of my reflection in the column.

New theater for the Carousel of Progress.

Now, for some random things overheard during my trip:

-"This train made the sound too." A CM to a maintenance man on big Thunder Mountain, after it had been closed in the morning, while I was on the train as it left the station. Not the best thing to hear.

-"Dad, that trash can is ALIVE!" A kid on seeing (and hearing) PUSH.

-"Buy that man a funnel cake!" Said randomly as I was leaving Liberty Square.

-"Is that our bus?" "No, that's the EPCOT bus." Said while we were at the bus stop at EPCOT.

-"Remember, we're staying at the Wilderness Resort, let's ask the Wilderness Lodge bus if he goes there too." Same family from above, confusing Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground with the Wilderness Lodge.

-"Is this bus loading." Said to me, as we were waiting for the bus to finish unloading a wheelchair, while we were lined up to enter the bus.

-Also, one thing to note was the ridiculously long Fastpass line for Splash Mountain. At one point it ran up to the entrance to the Briar Patch store. That's like a 20 minute wait, with a Fastpass. Also, I noted that almost every single wait time was wrong. Kali River Rapids one day listed 30 minutes, and I walked right on. Pirate of the Caribbean said 20? I got on in 5. Kilamanjaro Safaris posted a 40 minute wait? I got on in 20. There is a serious problem with wait times here, and I think it has to do with handing the guest those cards. I at one point saw a guest walking through the park with one around his neck. Think of the wait time that would post.

All in all it was a wonderful trip. I met a lot of great people, and had a blast doing things at my own pace in my own order. The crowds weren't too bad, especially one morning as I walked onto Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh twice in a row with no wait, at 10-10:30 in the morning. Also, it was really fun to have an entire boat to myself in Mexico. Also, this was a very important trip for me, and the last 2 days with NNL were truly magical. So, with that, I am not going to say this is the end, but rather the beginning. The beginning of something wonderful.

Can't wait to return, but first? Disneyland in December!

And now, what you're all been waiting for:

Awwww

Great trip report, Yoyo but that is not Piglet kissing you. lol. She is going to get jealous.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• One big touch screen.....

Firstly, great pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

Nice!

Ok, tell me your secrets......

I am so glad I got to see this finally. It really was a wonderful show. So full of fun and humor and emotion. I can't wait to see this again and again when I return.
    Completely agree! Engaging, fun, moving, catchy.........PERFECT!

Nemo cabs: I liked this a lot. The angler fish is really cool, and the ending with the fish in the tank seemed to work better here than in the subs. I also am partial to the song Big Blue World too, but overall I think this is a great addition.
    The projections in the tank are very well done. It's a fun addition to the lifeless living Seas.

I happen to love it, but it has a lot of enemies.
    Mary Blair wonderland- what's not to love?!

NEVER. So bad.
    *Sigh* you'll never get those 15 minutes back will you?

It says Disneyland New Orleans Square on it. Nice.
    I noticed those too- I thought about giving them marks for trying but then a wave of uncontrollable geeky fury came over me.

-"Buy that man a funnel cake!" Said randomly as I was leaving Liberty Square.
    Had my first funnel cake in July- there is a god, and he's in the form of a heart- attack inducing snack.

Pirate of the Caribbean said 20? I got on in 5.
    Depends on the side you choose? There was a 20 minute wait for the left side when I was there as the sheep followed one another. Walk on for the other side- literally. It was deserted.

Thanks for the report!

• Clearing my Calendar

Great TR Yoyo!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Don't mess with the duck!

Fantastic trip report and pics!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Great trip report, Yoyo but that is not Piglet kissing you. lol. She is going to get jealous.
    Ahem... I don't think that's the case. And not a word more on the subject please & thank you!
    -Bill

• Senior Minion

Great Report Yoyo! Enjoyed virtually following you around and reading the conversations you overheard.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Sailing Away

You are so lucky to dine with an Imagineer. That sounds like an awesome experience. The plate is pretty cool, too.

Your WL pictures are beautiful! I wish I was back!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Ahem... I don't think that's the case. And not a word more on the subject please & thank you!
    Will do Bill. How is the WDW treating you?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast