Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Original EPCOT Center Logo is Returning!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan369 View Post
    Hey everyone, first post and first timer here, lol. I love everything Disney and decided I needed to be a part of a Disney type forum, so here I am!

Anyhue, I was in Disney World recently and saw that they are taking down the Mickey Mouse wand and "EPCOT" letters off of Spaceship Earth, good idea I think!

I do like the retro symbol and the symbol for Epcot now, both are good, and I wouldn't mind seeing a new one.

I do not know if this has been said anywhere or not, but I heard about a new Illuminations show also for Epcot's 25th Anniversary. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks all! =D
    I heard that Disney is working on a new version of Illuminations but it will not be ready in time for the 25th. it is still a few years away.

I am hoping that there will be some major announcements on Epcots 25th...like a revamping of the Imagination pavillion and a replacement for that garbage ellen's energy adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I heard that Disney is working on a new version of Illuminations but it will not be ready in time for the 25th. it is still a few years away.

I am hoping that there will be some major announcements on Epcots 25th...like a revamping of the Imagination pavillion and a replacement for that garbage ellen's energy adventure.
    I heard it's suppose to be something called like "Illuminations: Sky Dance". I can completely understand how something like that would take some time, I mean Reflections of Earth is amazing alone, and to top that would take major planning.
    "Thousand Circles 'Round The Sun"

The logo 'change' isn't the only thing coming ... everything old is new again, after all ... and there are many, many things in play now that would have been considered impossible just a few short months ago when Rexie was running the show.

There is a strong push to bring back the original EPCOT Center vibe from the 1980s ... that hopeful, optimistic, friendly, technologically advanced future that began to disappear in the mid-90s.

A major statement is going to come shortly if the momentum continues and it's going to be very simple, graceful and unmistakable.

EPCOT Center is alive and well.

Oh, and I really wouldn't want to be Phil Holmes post 10/1.
    (actually I wouldn't want to be him at all but you know what I mean)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    The logo 'change' isn't the only thing coming ... everything old is new again, after all ... and there are many, many things in play now that would have been considered impossible just a few short months ago when Rexie was running the show.

There is a strong push to bring back the original EPCOT Center vibe from the 1980s ... that hopeful, optimistic, friendly, technologically advanced future that began to disappear in the mid-90s.

A major statement is going to come shortly if the momentum continues and it's going to be very simple, graceful and unmistakable.

EPCOT Center is alive and well.

Oh, and I really wouldn't want to be Phil Holmes post 10/1.
    (actually I wouldn't want to be him at all but you know what I mean)
    All of these sounds of good news just make me want to bust!

I simply cannot wait to celebrate 25 years of the 21st century while getting to look forward to a bright future truely celebratory of Walt Disney's EPCOT.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• "There's always my way"

really nice!

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• May the F=ma be with you

Reflections of Earth will run through 2009 without interruption.
    Just last week, a test show was run for the 2nd time this year at EPCOT. It was rumored that this show would be a tag for the 25th. In actuality, this was a test show for the absence of the earth barge (beginning today I think).

Don Dorsey is working on a project called Sky Dance as mentioned on his website. It is still not clear whether Sky Dance will replace RoE.

It is still not known if RoE will have a tag on the 1st of October.
    Last edited by WDW Monorail; 09-05-2007 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Reflections of Earth will run through 2009 without interruption.
    Just last week, a test show was run for the 2nd time this year at EPCOT. It was rumored that this show would be a tag for the 25th. In actuality, this was a test show for the absence of the earth barge (beginning today I think).

Don Dorsey is working on a project called Sky Dance as mentioned on his website. It is still not clear whether Sky Dance will replace RoE.

It is still not known if RoE will have a tag on the 1st of October.

They were testing it last week. We all got voice mails to that effect at Saratoga Springs. Something like "the folks at EPCOT are testing some new fireworks and lights, so if you hear anything in the middle of the night, do not be alarmed"

Also, for the Sun 9/2 show the seawall launched fireworks were not working/used.

-dave
    a
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

I thought this would be a good addition to the thread. These are the original logos for EPCOT Center:

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Five-Legged Goat

The original pavilion logos are simple and perfect. My favorites are Journey Into Imagination, World of Motion, and Universe of Energy.

What's the last logo for? I don't recall having seen it before; is it an alternate logo for Wonders of Life? The second to last one is the original Wonders of Life logo, no? It's the only one I really don't care for. Its design aesthetic is completely inconsistent with that of the other ones, and the human figure simply looks awkwardly splayed, like it's on a torture rack or something. (Or, to employ a recently popularized turn of phrase, it has an unusually wide stance.)

• Nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhio View Post
    (Or, to employ a recently popularized turn of phrase, it has an unusually wide stance.)
    I just literally spit water out of my mouth after reading this. too funny!!

These logos kind of remind me of my old girl scout patches. I bet they used to sell them as patches...they just have that look about them.

I am so excited to hear any new announcement about the park. Those of you lucky to go on the big b'day just have to video tape any speeches etc... And save some of the retro merch for me when I am there 2 weeks later!

EPCOT CENTER IS (almost) BACK!

• Ardent WDW Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhio View Post
    What's the last logo for? I don't recall having seen it before; is it an alternate logo for Wonders of Life? The second to last one is the original Wonders of Life logo, no? It's the only one I really don't care for. Its design aesthetic is completely inconsistent with that of the other ones, and the human figure simply looks awkwardly splayed, like it's on a torture rack or something. (Or, to employ a recently popularized turn of phrase, it has an unusually wide stance.)
    I think that that last logo is the symbol for World Showcase (just a guess since it appears that its a globe behind the human figure.)

let's have some fun here now, who can breakdown and name all the logos that I previously posted?

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    let's have some fun here now, who can breakdown and name all the logos that I previously posted?
    From left to right:
    Top row:EPCOT Center, Communicore, Horizons, Journey Into Imagination
    Middle row:The Land, World of Motion, Spaceship Earth, The Living Seas
    Bottom row:Universe of Energy, Wonders of Life, and I have no idea.

How many did I get wrong?

• May the F=ma be with you

I thought this would be a good addition to the thread. These are the original logos for EPCOT Center:

From left to right:

EPCOT CENTER, Communicore, Horizons, Imagination

Living with the Land, World of Motion, Space Ship Earth, The Living Seas

Universe of Energy, Wonders of Life, World Key Information.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast