• Why can't you tune a fish

Some notes from a WDW/Cruise/WDW trip

No step by step details of my trip, no pictures (yet) just some semi-random thoughs and observations

1) MK looked good. Not great, but good. I was not looking for it, so maybe I did not see it, but there was no garbage, no sloppy CM's, no peeling paint. It looked good, and was quite enjoyable.

2) There was gum, at least a spot every 10 feet. Not new gum, old "worn in" gum. I noticed this specificaly because of the comments made on these boards to the effect that there is not gum on the ground. Its there, trust me.

3) The reapir to the mortar on the bridge from near Crystal Palace to the Christmas Shops is just bad. I was running with my kids to a reservation we were late for, and I still noticed it. Wrong color moartar, sloppy work, just bad.

4) Overall though, the park looked GOOD

5) Rode POC. The person two rows in front of me was taking flash pictures every 10 seconds for the entire ride. I made some pretty loud requests to "please stop with the flash pictures, it ruins the ride for the rest of us". The guy looked right at me and kept flashing away. I gave up around the ship battle. I fugured the other guests did not need to be annoyed by both the flash and my voice. So much for the theory that if you ask nicely they will stop.

6) Rode COP. Someone started taking flash pictures. The CM cut the audio and make a LOUD - VERY LOUD announcement "Flash photography is not permitted" - Worked like a charm. No more flash pictures the entire ride.

7) Satatoga springs resort - its huge. More so than Carribbean Beack. Studios did very nicely for a one day stay at the front and back of the cruise. First time was a view of DTD, the second time was of the golf course.

8) The Disney Cruise. Completely spoiled me. When can I go back. What can I say about this experence. Just wonderful.

9) If the Disney cruise line can put on a musical like Disney Wishes, on board a ship, in a non-purpose built theater, at sea, twice a night, what is the AK's excuse for the Nemo Musical. All three musicals at sea - Hercules the Muse-ical, The Golden Mickey's, and Disney Wishes just blew away Nemo.

10) Back at WDW and now at EPCOT. - WOW spaceship earth looks good. Damn good. Unfortunately my 8 year old has joined the legion of the wand lovers. I have to work in that kid.

11) Construction walls EVERYWHERE! This is a good thing in my opinion. It tells me work is being done.

12) The park looked good as well. Not perfect, but quite good.

13) Rode the Nemo ride. Someone in the next clam insisted taking flash pictires every ten seconds (why does this sound familar) I actualy cupped my hands to my mouth and yelled "please stop taking flash pictures, it ruins the ride for the rest of us". The result ... flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash .... I went up to the guy after we got off the ride and said. "Hey buddy, you know taking flash pictures like that ruins the ride for everyone else who is trying to enjoy it" He just turned and walked away.

14) Didi Typhoon Lagoon the last day. Again, Really good looking park. Clean, neat, minimal trash. Maybe I have become less cyincial, or maybe it was a good week, but I really really thought all of WDW was in good shape.

Pictures may come later

-dave

Edit: Extra bonus observation. Defects in the Soarin' video. Black spots appearing and disappearing. Whats up with that?

-dave
    Last edited by Phonedave; 09-04-2007 at 01:51 PM.
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Some notes from a WDW/Cruise/WDW trip

Rode COP. Someone started taking flash pictures. The CM cut the audio and make a LOUD - VERY LOUD announcement "Flash photography is not permitted" - Worked like a charm. No more flash pictures the entire ride.
    Someone hug that CM for me.

Construction walls EVERYWHERE! This is a good thing in my opinion. It tells me work is being done.
    They're just building this year's booths for the Food & Wine Festival. Nothing major there.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    They're just building this year's booths for the Food & Wine Festival. Nothing major there.

There are also the SSE walls, the ones on the right of the entrance, and some over by England in the back (where I followed a tour group out to thier busses by accident )

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Can't wait to hear more Dave. Our Disney cruise starts September 30 and then on to WDW for a few days, staying at Saratoga. (We thought we would copy you!)

• World Traveler

I'm glad you enjoyed your time at WDW and on the cruise. Sorry to hear you had problems with flashers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    Can't wait to hear more Dave. Our Disney cruise starts September 30 and then on to WDW for a few days, staying at Saratoga. (We thought we would copy you!)

Cool

Is that a 3 or 4 day cruise.

Ill be back down in WDW from Sep 28 - Oct 5 but staying at POP. Going with friends who are non-DVC memebers (the heathens )

-dave

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

You know how you deal with flashers? Flash them right back. :P

Or you could go the nice route and ask the CM if you can ride the attraction again, sometimes they will let you.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    You know how you deal with flashers? Flash them right back. :P

Or you could go the nice route and ask the CM if you can ride the attraction again, sometimes they will let you.

I swear, I would love to bring one of these 15 million candlepower lights

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...164&hasJS=true

Next time someone will not stop with the flashes *click* - There, can you see now sir?

Both POC and Nemo were around 5 - 10 minute waits. It would not have been a problem to ride again. Its the principle of the thing that irks me.

-dave

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Thanks for the list, dave. A couple comments on your comments -

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    9) If the Disney cruise line can put on a musical like Disney Wishes, on board a ship, in a non-purpose built theater
    I think the concept of live theater on the ship was built into the design, if I'm not mistaken. Can't comment on your comment other than that, having seen niether the shipboard shows or Nemo yet.

Defects in the Soarin' video. Black spots appearing and disappearing. Whats up with that?
    This is a clear film that runs along with the main film. It's used to blow away dust and gunk. Unfortunately it's so scratched up that it shows through when it stops. I don't know why it stops, but it seems to cycle on and off every 10 seconds or so. It was like that on my last visit last October, and I thought it really impacted the beauty of the screen. Bad show.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Thanks for the list, dave. A couple comments on your comments -

I think the concept of live theater on the ship was built into the design, if I'm not mistaken. Can't comment on your comment other than that, having seen niether the shipboard shows or Nemo yet.
    My point was a little poorly worded

The Nemo threater was built for the purpose of Nemo

The on board Walt Disney Theater is a "generic" theater, not built for any one specific show. Granted, its a state of the art theater, not really generic. My point is the shows are created based on the existing theater. Nemo was created in conjunction with the space it is shown in.

This is a clear film that runs along with the main film. It's used to blow away dust and gunk. Unfortunately it's so scratched up that it shows through when it stops. I don't know why it stops, but it seems to cycle on and off every 10 seconds or so. It was like that on my last visit last October, and I thought it really impacted the beauty of the screen. Bad show.
    That sounds about right. Every 10 seconds or so, a patch of black spots towards the upper right of the screeen.

-dave

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    The Nemo threater was built for the purpose of Nemo. The on board Walt Disney Theater is a "generic" theater, not built for any one specific show. Granted, its a state of the art theater, not really generic.
    Well, while that's basically true, I'd bet that the buildout of the Nemo theater is pretty generic, with the thought of doing shows well beyond Nemo. But I understand the point you were making. Again, not having seen either show, I can't really judge.

• She was sweet as a peach

Great report! I can't wait to see pictures!!!