No step by step details of my trip, no pictures (yet) just some semi-random thoughs and observations
1) MK looked good. Not great, but good. I was not looking for it, so maybe I did not see it, but there was no garbage, no sloppy CM's, no peeling paint. It looked good, and was quite enjoyable.
2) There was gum, at least a spot every 10 feet. Not new gum, old "worn in" gum. I noticed this specificaly because of the comments made on these boards to the effect that there is not gum on the ground. Its there, trust me.
3) The reapir to the mortar on the bridge from near Crystal Palace to the Christmas Shops is just bad. I was running with my kids to a reservation we were late for, and I still noticed it. Wrong color moartar, sloppy work, just bad.
4) Overall though, the park looked GOOD
5) Rode POC. The person two rows in front of me was taking flash pictures every 10 seconds for the entire ride. I made some pretty loud requests to "please stop with the flash pictures, it ruins the ride for the rest of us". The guy looked right at me and kept flashing away. I gave up around the ship battle. I fugured the other guests did not need to be annoyed by both the flash and my voice. So much for the theory that if you ask nicely they will stop.
6) Rode COP. Someone started taking flash pictures. The CM cut the audio and make a LOUD - VERY LOUD announcement "Flash photography is not permitted" - Worked like a charm. No more flash pictures the entire ride.
7) Satatoga springs resort - its huge. More so than Carribbean Beack. Studios did very nicely for a one day stay at the front and back of the cruise. First time was a view of DTD, the second time was of the golf course.
8) The Disney Cruise. Completely spoiled me. When can I go back. What can I say about this experence. Just wonderful.
9) If the Disney cruise line can put on a musical like Disney Wishes, on board a ship, in a non-purpose built theater, at sea, twice a night, what is the AK's excuse for the Nemo Musical. All three musicals at sea - Hercules the Muse-ical, The Golden Mickey's, and Disney Wishes just blew away Nemo.
10) Back at WDW and now at EPCOT. - WOW spaceship earth looks good. Damn good. Unfortunately my 8 year old has joined the legion of the wand lovers. I have to work in that kid.
11) Construction walls EVERYWHERE! This is a good thing in my opinion. It tells me work is being done.
12) The park looked good as well. Not perfect, but quite good.
13) Rode the Nemo ride. Someone in the next clam insisted taking flash pictires every ten seconds (why does this sound familar) I actualy cupped my hands to my mouth and yelled "please stop taking flash pictures, it ruins the ride for the rest of us". The result ... flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash .... I went up to the guy after we got off the ride and said. "Hey buddy, you know taking flash pictures like that ruins the ride for everyone else who is trying to enjoy it" He just turned and walked away.
14) Didi Typhoon Lagoon the last day. Again, Really good looking park. Clean, neat, minimal trash. Maybe I have become less cyincial, or maybe it was a good week, but I really really thought all of WDW was in good shape.
Pictures may come later
Edit: Extra bonus observation. Defects in the Soarin' video. Black spots appearing and disappearing. Whats up with that?