Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: From the early 1970's - Anyone remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Junk View Post
    ..even for back then, i think a bra check would be "unconstitutional" and would have caused some kind of major incident
    As I posted, I'm positive it wasn't routine...Cast Members just automatically running their hands down the backs of all the women entering the Park. But if someone said, "Yes...I'm wearing a bra" and the Cast Member didn't believe it...I could see them asking, "Do you mind if we pass our hand down your back to check for a bra-strap?"

But even that...I don't see ticket-takers doing such a thing. It should have been only Supervisors or Security, even back then. Ticket Sellers and Ticket Takers were always told never to enforce the Appearance Policy...they were only to alert and call for a ruling by higher-ups.

As with the long-hair though...I don't think it was a unilateral "must wear a bra" thing. I think it was more of an appearance thing. Which is why it was called the "Appearance Policy" and not a "Dress Code." If a woman didn't have a bra on but there was no obviously appearing objectionable results of that...no problem. But if someone didn't have a bra on and they were wearing too-thin clothing or had too much in the bodacious tatas department...well, that might get a pull-over and talkin' to.

But an automatic "bra-check" as women passed through the turnstiles...never happened IMHO and personal recall of the times.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Actually... here is the truth in this matter.

Ticket Takers didn't check for Bras. They had people in Mickey costumes doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Actually... here is the truth in this matter.

Ticket Takers didn't check for Bras. They had people in Mickey costumes doing it.
    Apparently so.

the 70's were when we started going to the parks, and i did wo things in order to respond to this post
    1) called anad asked my mom, her response was: if anyone touched me checking for a bra strap, your father would have broken their hands. (LOLOL!!!!)
    2) looked through some old albums, there are quite a few pictures where a characters arm was draped over a persons shoulder, and looks like it could be on their breast, but this is more a trick of the camera then an actual breast cupping.

On a completely seperate note, its fun looking at these pictures, back in the day you kinda just went and stood with the characters, so there are always other people in our pictures, its not like today where you line up for a picture : )

This never happened.

But I do know drugs were more commonly used in that era, so who knows what thoughts get created?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12