Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31

    • Disneyholic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Possible new fastpass system coming to Disney

    Ya know I have to wonder now... Yes locals would get screwed but presumably your already getting the FL resident discounts and have a AP as well so you would just come back another day when its less crowded. I see this as a low cost perk to staying in park... like the good old days when you got your Ultimate Park hopper free with your room. When they broke the tickets out with the Magic our way not yours plans the effectively doubled the cost of the trip, result was we cut back our visits by half.

    The economics from Disney's POV is simple, small up front fee to change the Fastpass system, Sell out all your higher priced deluxe resort rooms and shift visitors to choose a higher priced resort, spending more than they normally would and draw more people on property where we own everything and can milk every last penny from them rather than loose money to the hotels on the outskirts of the property. There is a very low up front cost, high rate of return, in their excel spreadsheet bottom line cost benefits rule world its a slam dunk.

    In reality, repeat customers (the Disney loyalist) will be forced to cut back the number of visits to get the same "Disney Experience" they are accustomed to or will just say to heck with it and do something else for vacations. New customers who do not shell out for the deluxe accommodation's on site will not feel the magic and will probably not return. Locals will probably just switch allegiances to a new park if things get too bad.

    Depending on how big the shifts are it could potentially hurt Disney long term but give them a huge gain for say 4-5 quarters. A lot of companies are only focused on 1-2 quarters out these days so the bean counters will love it. I sure hope it never happens though.

    As for AP holders, I doubt it only because they are loosing so much money at the gate for AP users as it is, but I could be wrong there... I believe you get a discount on hotels as a AP holder so they may just figure you all will stay on site to get the perks like the rest of us.

    The real question is if you turn on the waterworks and cry about your room to get the suite like Queenie did do you get the added perks of that room?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

  2. #32

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,642

    Re: Possible new fastpass system coming to Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    My point is the fact that changes ARE being made but whether those changes are ever implemented, as you have said is yet to be seen, but they are being made for future possible use
    No changes are being made right now - none that have been confirmed nor proven. Doing development and brainstorming does NOT mean changes are happening. In fact the Disney spokesperson even echos that in the article.

    This whole hoopla has come from Disney fans watching things like permits and patent apps and then speculating what they mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    So therefore, the changes are not a rumor, just how or even if when they will be implemented is yet to be seen.
    The IDEAS are not rumors, but again, the implementation of those ideas today are not pending. There are no changes currently happening to the production system. Any comments that they are coming now IS rumor. Again... the things in this patent may NEVER come to be - they are ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    If you read the Orlando Sentinel article it states just that, quoting a Disney spokesperson.
    That article is just a rehash of what is already known - the entire article is just a recap with a quote from a Disney rep to respond to the question of what it means.

    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-f...0,589545.story

    Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    I'm just getting tired of people jumping all over things and telling others they are wrong when it is not necessarily so. People can speculate all they want about what the changes could be. The fact is, these changes COULD happen but are not imminent. Disney is just upgrading the system for possible future changes.
    See that is where you are wrong. 'disney is just upgrading the system...' where has anyone shown they are? Again.. that is the point, the fact you file patents means NOTHING for real physical things or that changes are happening. You patent ideas and implementations, not things you necessarily have already done.

    Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    but my point still stands that changes are being made, we just don' know what changes yet.
    And that is where you have no proof that changes are being made.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  3. #33

    • former CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    S. Cal. via Milw. & Madison Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Possible new fastpass system coming to Disney

    I added the words in "[ ]s."

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    . . . In reality, repeat customers (the Disney loyalist) [well, at least SOME of those who aren't spend over $250 a night for a WDW hotel room]. . . will just say to heck with it and do something else for vacations. New customers [maybe some of them] who do not shell out for the deluxe accommodation's on site will not feel the magic and will probably not return. . . Depending on how big the shifts are it could potentially hurt Disney long term but give them a huge gain for say 4-5 quarters. A lot of companies are only focused on 1-2 quarters out these days so the bean counters will love it. I sure hope it never happens though. . .
    Good points, Jerren!

  4. #34

    • Geoff London
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Splash Mountain - WDW - London
    Posts
    996

    Re: Possible new fastpass system coming to Disney

    There was also the rumour (I stress rumour) that guests could print off open ended Fastpasses in their hotels whether they were going to use them or not. If so, it would have added to the volume of passes issued in day.
    If you stay at the Disneyland Hotel Paris you get given Fastpasses that can be used on ANY FP ride after 11a.m. each day. You receive about 6 FPs per adult / child for a 4 day stay.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !



  5. #35

    • Can't get enough!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    810

    Re: Possible new fastpass system coming to Disney

    we are annusl pass holders however, we live in kansas and therefore do not have the benefit of visting only during the off season. we also do not always stay on property b/c we usually travel will all of my or my husbands families and we rent on big house! therefore we would not get any fast pass benefits. however, maybe the majority of the people there would be using the fast passes and the stand by may not be as bad as it is now...





    It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. WDW Reservation System Changes Coming
    By tjcjr in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 09:59 AM
  2. What would you do in place of the current FastPass system?
    By Jerren in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 10:36 AM
  3. Improving the FastPass System
    By PragmaticIdealist in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 11:32 PM
  4. How to Improve the FastPass System
    By PragmaticIdealist in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 12:45 PM
  5. New Fastpass System
    By almandot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 08:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •