Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

What do you think of the parades at Disney World?

Got one you like?

I did another loner excursion to Animal Kingdom today and I was still in the area when they were setting up for Mickey's Jungle Jammin Parade. I love this parade! It's very lively and the music and automobiles were awesome. I kept me optimistic and upbeat the rest of the day. I even recorded video footage on my digital camera.

The only bad from this was the because of the way the park was designed you have little way of getting around when the parade comes through and in a lot of areas you may be forced against a wall till the parade passes.

I do some character assistance work with the Studios' Cars and Stars Parade. The cheapest looking parade. It is no more than putting a character or two in a themed convertible and then have another character walking around behind it. The song, which I was forced to hear a billion times drives me crazy and is making me want to kill myself if I have to hear it anymore.

• Can't get enough!

Re: What do you think of the parades at Disney World?

I know I will be beat for saying this but I love the Spectromagic parade! It's an oldie but a goodie in my opinion!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I did another loner excursion to Animal Kingdom today and I was still in the area when they were setting up for Mickey's Jungle Jammin Parade. I love this parade! It's very lively and the music and automobiles were awesome.
    By FAR the best WDW parade. I agree- it's lively, energetic and fun with some with some well designed "floats" which fit the theme of the park.

If you watch it on one of the bridges, there's only viewing areas on one side of the street....virtually guaranteeing character/ performer interaction.

And that song...........it's worse than Small World on the "catchy-o-meter".

The MK, on the other hand, is a joke. A 16 year old nighttime parade. And a "new" daytime parade for which they've taken a 6 year old parade and hacked the tops off.

How....innovative.

• I was deleted.

Personally the only one I will watch these days is Stars and Motor Cars. I feel it has the largest number of characters (and variety too) as well as strong character interaction with the guets along the parade route.

But before TDLFAN jumps in here I think I'll steal what he will say - it's time for WDW to get some NEW FLOATS! Most of them exisit from former parades such as WDW's 15th anniversary, etc. and it's time to step things up a notch or two, and not just by buying DLR's old floats either.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    But before TDLFAN jumps in here I think I'll steal what he will say - it's time for WDW to get some NEW FLOATS! Most of them exisit from former parades such as WDW's 15th anniversary, etc. and it's time to step things up a notch or two, and not just by buying DLR's old floats either.
    Some are even older than that!

I'm not much of a parade person, but I loved the old Main Street Electrical Parade.

• Banned User

You better run and see this Stars and Cars before it goes to Paris and is replaced by DCA's Pixar Block Party.

As for the Magic Kingdom, how about bringing in the Mickey's WaterWorks parade from Hong Kong and the DreamLights MSEP from Tokyo? Oh, wait, Jay Rasulo doesn't want to do that, the cheap ******* that he is.

• She was sweet as a peach

It's an oldie but a goodie in my opinion!
    At WDW all of the parades are old!

I would be nice to get some new ones. I am glad MGM is getting the Block Party Bash. I remember when it seemed like they had a new parade every summer.

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    At WDW all of the parades are old!

I would be nice to get some new ones. I am glad MGM is getting the Block Party Bash. I remember when it seemed like they had a new parade every summer.
    I do remember them getting new parades often; to go with the newest movie that was released! I loved the green army men in the Toy Story parade...glad they are still in the Christmas parade at MK.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

I don't like parades much besides the fact that it keeps a lot of people off the attractions for a while.

I especially don't enjoy trying to get through an area during a parade, especially at AK.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Some are even older than that!

I'm not much of a parade person, but I loved the old Main Street Electrical Parade.
    Yes, that is at DLR now. And I guess the water parade can remain the same.

So yes, I would like some new ones for all of the day parades sometime soon. The current ones are nice, but it's time for something new I think. They made some great ones for Disneyland's 50th and it would be awesome if they made some fun ones for FL too.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Spectro: A
    Dreams Come True: B-
    Boo To You: A+
    Christmas: C-

• Banned User

I could really care less about parades. I haven't stopped and sat to watch one in 7 years. I don't like crowding on the curb while stupid people stand in front of you and the sun beats down on you. I use that time to go on e-ticket rides 'cuz there are less people about.

• Banned User

Christmas: C-
    yeah, I agree. my sister wanted to go for the christmas party and the parade was mentally retarded on several different levels.

Boo to You is by far the best parade at WDW right now. Spectromagic needs to go. It is ridiculous that TDL is on their 3rd nighttime parade and we have been stuck with the same one for over 15 years now. I would love to see a nightime parade using todays LED technology it would be amazing. Enchanted Adventures was very disappointing. The Christmas parade has just gotten old and tired. It doesn't help that MK does not have a real parade route lighting package like DL has so the Christmas parade at the parties looks even worse.

I do miss that there would usually be a new parade every year or two. Now we go years without a new parade.

• Do you have a 27B/6?

I have a special place in my heart for Spectromagic, if only because I used to work PAC shifts during it.

However, I always enjoy watching the holiday parades. I don't get to see those as often, so maybe it's the novelty.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast