Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poohs Playful Spot Change

As u all probably heard Poohs Plaful spot is going to refurb for a couple days.. what if it becomes like Rocket Rods and doesnt open again from its refurb... maybe poohs playful spot can be a new ride or 20k?

• Banned User

Re: Poohs Playful Spot Change

I doubt it, although it would be nice. They completely destroyed everything from 20k when they build PPS. The refurb is probably for safety issues. There was a site called 20k.com that is current;y being rebuilt that had hundreds of pictures of the entire ride while the lagoon was drained and everything ripped out. I's very cool but kinda creepy.

• Minion

The loss of 20K was greater than just the loss of the ride itself...in the absence of a grand "Small World" facade like at Disneyland, the lagoon provided a visual interest and contrast in Fantasyland. In its absence Fantasyland has become visually monotonous.

According to Jim Hill, one of the attractions that was supposed to have been added to Fantasyland during the "Disney Decade" of the 1990s was a Little Mermaid ride. Those plans, like many others, fell by the wayside after the Paris resort's financial failure. I can't help but think that the reason for draining the lagoon was to make place for this attraction. If that's the case, then now, with a version of the ride finally coming to fruition in Anaheim (according to Al), perhaps there's a chance that an east coast version will replace "Playful Spot." I for one would be glad to see this playground enter Yesterland.
    Last edited by tasman; 09-08-2007 at 12:42 PM.

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    perhaps there's a chance that an east coast version will replace "Playful Spot."

You took the words right out of my mouth. As Meat Loaf once said.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I hope it goes away real soon too. There's no reason for Magic Kingdom to leave land like that dormant for so long. I mean seriously...where's the love?

And Pooh's Playground has a better track record than Rocket Rods ever did. sigh.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

I'm up for anything at this point

• Banned User

what was rocket rods?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by 1000th_happy_haunt View Post
    what was rocket rods?
    Rocket Rods was the Disneyland Tomorrowland 1998 addition that replaced the People Mover (or TTA as florida likes to call it). A faster moving ride on the same track. Lack of budget made it a really poorly designed and operating attraction that had constant breakdowns. It was closed longer than it was running and Disneyland has had an empty track since 2000/2001.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Tear PPS now and bring back 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    The loss of 20K was greater than just the loss of the ride itself...in the absence of a grand "Small World" facade like at Disneyland, the lagoon provided a visual interest and contrast in Fantasyland. In its absence Fantasyland has become visually monotonous.

According to Jim Hill, one of the attractions that was supposed to have been added to Fantasyland during the "Disney Decade" of the 1990s was a Little Mermaid ride. Those plans, like many others, fell by the wayside after the Paris resort's financial failure. I can't help but think that the reason for draining the lagoon was to make place for this attraction. If that's the case, then now, with a version of the ride finally coming to fruition in Anaheim (according to Al), perhaps there's a chance that an east coast version will replace "Playful Spot." I for one would be glad to see this playground enter Yesterland.
    I for one would not mind just recreating the lagoon, I agree it was a nice focal point and could be used for so many things that would make it interesting to kids and adults such as:

• Dancing fountains, call it fantasia fountains and synchronize it tot he music similar to the ones at Belagio in LV. Nice thing about this is you can easily update the fountain motion and music without major rehabs to keep it fresh. At night add the fan spray projection screens like in Fantasmic for a video show. (The spray from the fountains would also help cool off the area....)
    • A little mermaid ride, make it a mini splash mountain or sorts with a smaller big drop. So much could be done there... well beyond the dark ride shown in the DVD's
    • Mermaid lagoon as in Peter Pan? Maybe its just me but Dads need something to entertain themselves and the thought of young women in mermaid fins and sea shell bikini tops swimming and sun bathing while waving to the kids does appeal to me...
    • 3 words Sea turtle Habitat - have a "underwater" walk way and see crush and his friends glide around... Also has tie-ins with POC have a shaggy dog anamatronic standing on an anamatronic turtle escaping the headhunters or some such...
    • An underwater restarant? I dunno coral reef for those who don't want to spend over 100$ on lunch for so so seafood? (sorry was not impressed by the food there guys)
    • An interactive water area, dancing fountains like at the imagination pavilion at Epcot in the water with "bouncy" flotation platforms/bridges/boardwalks for handy caped access...
    • A "Fantasyland stage" area for shows so they don't have to block up Cinderella's castle and the main hub several times a day?
    • MK version of storybookland boats?
    There are just so many possibilities for the space I really think someone could come up with a better use for it than a playground...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

All those people who want 20,000 Leagues back shouldn't hold their breath.

• lol what

I've sadly accepted the fact 20K is gone now. Though there is the chance that someday, something similar or better is to come back to Magic Kingdom.

• Minion

I don't mind 20K not coming back to this spot...since it never really fit the theme of Fantasyland. But it was an E-ticket with visual grandeur...which is what Fantasyland is sorely lacking. A shopping-mall-quality playground on this prime piece of real estate is a shame.

Their is a lot room in the old 20,000 Leagues ride area. If Disney wanted to they could put a E-ticket with other rides in that area.

Who knows WDW might get a new Fantasyland like Disneyland did.

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post

Who knows WDW might get a new Fantasyland like Disneyland did.
    If only.

That would be of greater value than any single E-ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast