MK Holiday Castle Concept Art/Video

I apologize if this has been previously posted.

If you log onto the WDW website, click under 'My Disney Vacation,' and then click 'Backstage Pass,' there is a video discussing and showing the upcoming holiday makeover of Cinderella Castle. I have included a few screenshots of the video as well. Here is the direct link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...assLandingPage

Last edited by patch; 09-09-2007 at 11:34 PM.
    "My coattails are getting dirty." -Brandon Flowers

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Re: MK Hoiday Castle Concept Art/Video

The concept art looks amazing it will be interesting to see both DL's and MK's when both are complete since both are new but will be very different in the way that at DL you are going to be seeing the "snow" all day while at MK the lights will be almost hidden much like DLP.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That actually looks promising.

About time WDW gets something better than TDL.

• One big touch screen.....

Woohoo! DLP style lighting.

Gorgeous!

• Nerd.

That really does look stunning. I like how the will paint the light strands to match the part of the castle they are covering so they will look somewhat "invisible" during the day.

Might have to do a pre- Xmas trip next year!

Very nice, I can't wait to see it in person

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a link to concept art for DL's Sleeping Beauty Christmas decorations.

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Very nice, I can't wait to see it in person

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a link to concept art for DL's Sleeping Beauty Christmas decorations.

there is a thread on this in the Disneyland forum

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76831

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
    About time WDW gets something better than TDL.
    Agreed, but it does not look "original" as DLP's castle has had the same look for the past two years. But hey, I welcome it with open arms.. Now, if only they ditched the 36 yrs old main Street garland for the new DLP fiber optic lightposts.... that would be sweet, but I don't anticipate WDW to go high tech at the MK any time soon.

• Banned User

Plus guests won't be able to see this feature unless they pay extra out the nose for the christmas event...which used to be free untill the 90s.

Disney just won't stop shortchanging the regular paying guests even though ticket prices keep increasing people end up getting less value for the money. All part of the walmarting of Walt Disney World unfortunatly

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Plus guests won't be able to see this feature unless they pay extra out the nose for the christmas event...which used to be free untill the 90s.

Disney just won't stop shortchanging the regular paying guests even though ticket prices keep increasing people end up getting less value for the money. All part of the walmarting of Walt Disney World unfortunatly

So the lights on the castle won't be on even if it is night, if it isn't during a party? If that is true than all I got to say is: "Damn Lousy Cheapskates."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    So the lights on the castle won't be on even if it is night, if it isn't during a party? If that is true than all I got to say is: "Damn Lousy Cheapskates."

Thats what I gathered from the video. He says the lights come on during the "show" which I take it is refering to Mickey's Christmas party which used to be included in the park ticket but is now a seperate ticket event.

Its funny because ticket prices keep going up (arent they like $73 now?) yet the actual value of the park is going down. Sure the upgraded Haunted Mansion is gonna be cool...but look how long it took them to realize what horribile condition and is it really enough to justify raising ticket prices? Where are the lavish e-ticket rides that Disney used to be known for? Why arent the rides upgraded and refurbished in a timely maner like Disneyland and Tokyo Disneylands attractions are? Why aren't halloween parades and Christmas parties included in the price anymore? Its not like Halloween Horror Nights where they actually do major theming alterations to the park and add Maze attractions. There is simply no value in going to the Magic Kingdom anymore and its getting very depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post

I wouldn't jump on Disney too harshly untill we know for sure. Mickey Very Merry Christmas party does not take place every night. I seriously doubt that on nights the party isn't presented that they are going to leave the new castle lights off. At that time of year it should be dark enough to have a lighting ceremony early if the park hours are short also.

Have a little faith

• Banned User

The DVMC event is only on selected nights in November and December. The park will have more extended hours as we get closer to the holidays...even at $73/head.

• Hola Yola!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Thats what I gathered from the video. He says the lights come on during the "show" which I take it is refering to Mickey's Christmas party which used to be included in the park ticket but is now a seperate ticket event.
    I thought he just meant they would have a lighting ceremony every night like they do at DLP.