Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Sept 1st-9th Trip Report

I'm kinda mad I didn't get to see the M'nM store, yet again
    You're not missing too much. I love M&Ms. They are my favorite candy! But they are way expensive at the M&M store. There is a lot of M&M merchandise there, but, again, it is expensive and I just want the candy!

How close is the Florida Mall to WDW?
    Not too far. Maybe about 10 miles or so.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    You're not missing too much. I love M&Ms. They are my favorite candy! But they are way expensive at the M&M store. There is a lot of M&M merchandise there, but, again, it is expensive and I just want the candy!
    Heh, yeah, I figured. Everything in Orlando is more expensive. I probably wasn't going to buy anything anyway. I've just never gotten the chance to see it.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Day 4

Day four we went to Animal Kingdom. We felt good, having rested the previous day, and the wife and I wear raring to go. The baby, on the other hand, was another story.

Something rubbed her the wrong way that morning, and she was not the most cooperative thing as we made our way though a couple of attractions. Before the day went any further, we stepped aside and I had a little talk with her about how bad the day could get if she didn't straighten up. That seemed to do the trick, and we had no more problems out of baby that day. In fact, she really enjoyed herself.

Animal Kingdom is also the day my wife wears her "special" outfit for me. ...
    Okay, before you get any wrong ideas... She just dresses up a bit more for that day, maybe her skirt is a wee bit shorter then usual and she sports some casual heels. Either way you look at it, she sure did get a lot of attention from the parade route guys that day. ... ...

My camera missed a lot of good shots that day. The reason I blame my camera is because the new 1 gig card we bought for it seemed to create a delay each time I took a shot, as if it were reading the entire card just to process a picture. This created an almost 30 second delay between shots and I missed a lot of great opportunities because of it.

In line at the turnstiles, we see this talking tree roaming about the lines into the park. I notice it liked rolling up and interacting with groups with the young pretty girls, but I digress. It rolls up to one young couple, asks them where their from (locals) and gently jibs them about the girl's "disco ball" purse. He then tells the guy "Wow, she's a lot prettier then the girl you brought last weekend." Zing.

He rolls up to another couple and begs them for some water. Either their real reluctant to give up their bottled water or their not sure how serious to take this talking tree, because they completely ignore him for several seconds. He's persistent though, and they finally give him (just a drop, I noticed) of water. He starts shaking with joy.

He then walks up to us... well, he walks up to my wife first and then he quickly shifts to the rest of us and makes some comments about my daughter's name. I'm just glad I thought to start taking video. Sadly, the audio is not that good, so you likely wont understand what he said. But lets try anyway.

To sort of transcript it:
    Tree: What's the little princesses name
    Us: Mahogany
    Tree: Mahogany! <singing> Do you know where your going to?/ Do you know the things that life is showing you?
    Us: <laughs>
    Tree: How's that for a thirty year old reference?
    Tree: Where are you guys from?
    Us: North Carolina
    Tree: North Carolina!? Cool! Did you know that North Carolina is north of South Carolina?
    Us: <speechless>
    Tree: Can I ask my friends from North Carolina something?
    Me: Sure.
    Tree: Can I have a big hug?
    Us: <hug tree>
    Tree: Thank you. Who says they don't have tree huggers in North Carolina?

And with that I'll move on to the parade.

It was only at this point that I overheard an elderly group of folks talking amongst themselves about a handicap section for the parade. For some reason, this was not sinking into my skull. I'm thinking because I never noticed one, that there could possible be one. But I listen in anyway, because they plan to ask a Cast Member on the parade route of there is one. She lets them through, and I grab my wife telling her to follow me.

We met a very nice older lady in charge of the handicap area, and all the older folks seemed to like having a little baby in the row with them. In fact, the rest of the trip anytime we did the parade thing the older folks would practically jump out of their EVCs and pic them up trying to give the baby a better spot. It was a really nice thing to see. Most of the time, she had a better spot then we did, since we usually had to stay behind her chair while she got a front row. Made capturing a picture of her face a little difficult, but I somehow managed to get some nice, if not direct, shots. As you can see, she was practically smack dab in the center of the action.

This was the first parade she actually got to see on the trip, since we did the SpectroMagic thing another night, and didn't know about handicap seating at the MGM one.

My wife gives me a hard time about this one. Hey, she was cuter in real life.

Yeah, I'm not paranoid. Every single one of these guys would not stop staring at my wife as they went by. Gigolo drummers.

Looks like there were lots of families invited to take part in the parade.

No, this guy is not disabled. I was trying really hard to get a picture of the people in the safari costumes in an actual dance move, and caught this guy in an awkward pose. I don't know why I just didn't turn on the high speed shutter.

This girl in the yellow was beautiful, and worked them stilts like no one we'd ever seen. I hate that the camera snapped just as her hand blocked her face.

I'll post some pictures of the rest of the day a little later.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Tree: What's the little princesses name
    Us: Mahogany
    Tree: Mahogany! <singing> Do you know where your going to?/ Do you know the things that life is showing you?
    Tree: How's that for a thirty year old reference?
    I love it. Wes Palm (thats the trees name) is great. The theme to Mahogony! That is somthing to pull out of your hat. Wow, great job by a great tree

And the only reason I know that song is because I had to play it in music lessons in grade school ")

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Solar Flare Foamer

Re: Day 4

Wes Palm. That's funny. This is the first time we'd ever seen the little guy----er, greenery. I really like what they do with Animal Kindgdom and how everything there just seems to gel. Din-o-rama notwithstanding.

• She was sweet as a peach

Something rubbed her the wrong way that morning
    Hee, hee! It doesn't take much. We have a two year old and we she is like that we call it "waking up on the wrong side of the crib".

Awesome report! Thanks for the wonderful photos, too! It cheers me up when I'm missing WDW.

BTW, thanks SO MUCH for the photos of the resort and rooms.
    Last edited by DisneyCraig; 09-21-2007 at 02:35 PM.

• Senior Minion

nice long trip
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123