• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Tours at Epcot: Are They Worth the It?

I absolutely love Epcot! I am visiting WDW with my husband at the end of November, and we want to do a couple of tours at Epcot: Behind the Seeds and the Around the World on a Segway. Are they worth the money/time to do or should I skip them altogether?

We are saving some of the other tours for when we take the kids.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Tours at Epcot: Are They Worth the It?

I've heard the Segway one is a lot of fun.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I've never done the tours, but I think a trip without the kids is the perfect time to do the Segway one! I'd definitely do it!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• I was deleted.

I haven't done them, but I've heard great things from them - especially the segway tour. Just keep in mind what you schedule and your transportation/time of the tour. I believe you can't do the early tour if you using Disney transportation because their transportation doesn't start that early (might be different for an EMH morning though.)

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    I absolutely love Epcot! I am visiting WDW with my husband at the end of November, and we want to do a couple of tours at Epcot: Behind the Seeds and the Around the World on a Segway. Are they worth the money/time to do or should I skip them altogether?

We are saving some of the other tours for when we take the kids.

Lets put it this way. I have done both. I am booked to do the Segway AGAIN the end of this month, and I have promised my oldest daughter that we will do the Behind the Seeds in April when we go again.

The Seqway is a bit pricy - about $70, but it is a lot of fun. It's not really a tour, but more of a ride the Segway around the world showcase thing. You spend about 45 minutes inside learning how not to break your neck on the thing and then you go out to the WS. Since it's early, the WS is not yet open. You go into each country and the guide does give a 2-3 minute talk about items of interest in each one, but its more about riding the Segway. They lead you though some twists and turns on it, like inside in China, over the bridges in Japan, through the Garden Train path in Germany, in that garden maze in American Pavillion, etc. You also get 10 -15 minutes "free time" in front of Itlay in that little area to just mess around on the Segway. At the end you get an exclusive Segway pin. There is also an off-road Segway tour at the campgrounds that may or may not be running. I have never done that, but I hear its fun too. I dont think they give out a pin on that one (if that matters to you)

As far as behind the seeds, I found it very interesting, but then I grew up next to a greenhouse and spent loads of time gardening. You walk though the greenhouses, you go into the lab where they raise beneficial insects (and get to release some), depending on whats "ripe" you may get to sample some of produce. I had cucumbers, but they had been grown in molds so they were mickey shaped when sliced. Kind of like the pumpkins, but they were still developing the molds so they were not out for all to see. You walk though the aquaculture section and get to feed the Tilapia. They go over a lot of the tech and specifics about the plants and systems in the greenhouse. If horticulture or science in general interests you, I would recommend it, especially since its only about $15

Both tours offer AP discounts if you have one. Just mention it BEFORE you sign up for them.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    I haven't done them, but I've heard great things from them - especially the segway tour. Just keep in mind what you schedule and your transportation/time of the tour. I believe you can't do the early tour if you using Disney transportation because their transportation doesn't start that early (might be different for an EMH morning though.)

They will warn you if you book a start time that is too early for Disney transportation to get you there.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• She was sweet as a peach

We did the "Behind the Seeds" tour several years ago. It was not that pricey and very enjoyable.

• back to WDW in January

My son (16) and I did The Undiscovered Future World tour last year and loved it. Our guide was great and although my son prides himself on being a Disney expert and was able to answer a majority of the questions asked, he learned quite a bit in a few short hours.
    Just a brief overview for you here, it started at the Guest relations building in FW and moved through a number of attractions and areas more specifically, for our tour at least, 'The Seas' and 'Test Track'. On those stops we got to visit the VIP lounge at 'The Seas' and took a tour of 'Test Track' which ended in a couple of complimentary rides that we accessed from the back.
    There was lots of history and "how they did it" info throughout. Bottled Water was provided free of charge and our backstage portion took us behind the World Showcase where we saw quite a bit of the Illumination show stuff and had a short Q&A meeting with a world Showcase cast member on the international program. After all was said and done we exited back to the WS from behind Mexico and were given a special pin to commemorate the tour.
    The entire tour started at 9:00am lasted approx. 4 hours.
    15% discounts are available if you have an Annual pass, are a DVC member or have a Disney Visa card.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

^^Excellent review!

I've taken the Undiscovered Future World tour and the Hidden Treasures of World Showcase tours.

They were both fantastic. If you want to learn about Epcot and the thought that went into it, it's well worth the time.

I've only done the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour and I loved that, I would absolutely do any tour Disney has to offer.
    "Thousand Circles 'Round The Sun"

• done

We did the Segway tour, and I absolutely loved it. I'd definitely recommend it. The seeds tour sounded interesting but we didn't have time.