• back to WDW in January

'Night of Joy' Moving To Hollywood Studios

Here's a bit of news: For the first time, Disney will move the Night of Joy experience from the Magic Kingdom to Disney's Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM), starting with the 2008 Christian music festival, which will be Sept. 5-6. Already confirmed: MercyMe, tobyMac, Chris Tomlin and Rush of Fools.

PRESS RELEASE

Greetings from Walt Disney World!
    I just wanted to send out a quick note to say "Thank You" to everyone who assisted with this year's Night of Joy. As in year's past, we had a stellar array of top Contemporary Christian artists playing to SOLD OUT crowds both night at the Magic Kingdom theme park. It was a spectacular way to celebrate our event's 25th year!
    And we couldn't do it without our supporters in the Christian Music industry and the media!
    I also wanted to announce some EXCITING plans for next year's event. Sept. 5-6, 2008, Night of Joy at Walt Disney World will be held for the first time at Disney's Hollywood Studios (currently known as Disney-MGM Studios). Disney's Hollywood Studios, which immerses guests in all aspects of entertainment 365 days a year, is the perfect venue to showcase the top Contemporary Christian music artists that are the hallmark of Night of Joy.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios offers great venues which are designed for concert events including the spectacular “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” theater and the Backlot Theater, which will be re-opened in time for the event. These theaters, along with a signature stage at Sorcerer Mickey’s Hat, will provide ideal spots for concert-viewing at Night of Joy 2008.
    Disney's Hollywood Studios also features exciting, entertainment themed attractions such as “The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror,” “Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith,” “Star Tours” and “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show,” which perfectly complement the best concerts. Night of Joy at 2008 will also feature “Toy Story Mania,” an exciting, new, interactive gaming experience based on the hit Disney●Pixar films “Toy Story” and “Toy Story 2,” scheduled to open at Disney’s Hollywood’s Studios in Summer 2008.

We’ve got some spectacular plans in the works for Night of Joy’s debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, including a lot of surprises.
    While we’re still working out a lot of the details, we already have four sensational acts confirmed: Multiple-Dove-Award and Grammy-Nominated Contemporary Christian artists MercyMe, tobyMac, Chris Tomlin and chart-topping newcomers Rush of Fools.
    We are extremely excited about this new evolution for Night of Joy! We think 2008 will be the greatest year ever for the event!

Thanks again for all your support. We look forward to working with you again in 2008 at the Disney's Hollywood Studios.
    Chas
    Charles Stovall
    Public Relations Manager
    Walt Disney World Public Relations

Source: Orlando Sentinel
    Last edited by tjcjr; 09-13-2007 at 10:48 AM.

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: 'Night of Joy' Moving To Hollywood Studios

I don't know how that is going to work. Rides and concerts were the reason I liked going to Night of Joy (years ago). I don't think kids (adults...) are going to take the time to see a stunt show. There are just not enough rides at the studios. Although they will have plenty of stages (Indiana Jones theater, B&tB theater...)

I guess they are going in a different direction. Maybe it won't be so bad after all.