Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   

Photomatt 9.13.07 WDW MK HM Update - sorta

Howdy.

Well, I braved the heat and thunderstorms so I could get a look at the refurbished HM. I arrived at the park around 6:45 pm and took a few pics of the Halloween decorations. I got in line about 7:20. The wait time said 20 minutes, and the queue looked menacing, but it moved quickly - until I got to the door. I, and everyone else in line, waited for about 15 minutes and then the door finally opened. We were "greeted" by what had to be the rudest, poorest excuse for cast members in the history of Walt Disney World. We were told, "Please keep moving straight through and exit the ride." That's right - no explanation, no courtesy, just a "move along." I'm FURIOUS! I'm not mad because the ride broke down, I am angry because I did not encounter ONE cast member with even a hint of tact, courtesy, or (heaven forbid) Disney magic.

Bad, BAD show!

The icing on the cake came as I was walking past the tombstones. I'm gonna save that for later. But, let me assure "Steve", the CM with the mustache and pathetic attitude, that I am NOT done with him.

Anyways, here are a few pics from today. I will post them in two batches. The night pictures were taken in RAW format so I need to convert them.

So, I hope you all enjoy the first batch.

I like the clouds.

I took the monorail. Normally I prefer the ferry, but they only had one boat running.

The Halloween decorations were awesome. I will go back when there is more daylight.

Good parenting at it's best...

The picture does not do justice to the decorations. I was truly wowed by them.

You can kinda tell the HM has a new paint job. Once again, I will go back when there is more light.

That's it for the first batch. I will convert the good night shots to jpg and then post them.
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 09-13-2007 at 09:24 PM.

•   

Re: Photomatt 9.13.07 WDW MK HM Update - sorta

Part 2

These clouds are called mammatus, for those who are wondering. They were almost as beautiful as their namesake.

Click on the pic below for a larger image. I like this one.

Yeah, these are a little dark. I know I can lighten them, but I like to post the pics without any editing. I will go back Sunday night for a redo.

Well, that's it for the pics I took tonight. I will try to go back tomorrow morning and ride the HM. I have my fingers crossed. Also, I will vent more about Steve later.

i loved your pictures! makes me miss disneyworld so much! i worked there on the college program in fall of 2005 and i haven't been back since. I have been trying to plan a trip there to visit all my friends who work at the liberty tree tavern, that is where i also worked. I miss them all so much. Its really like a second home tome.

Blog Entries

Well, I braved the heat and thunderstorms so I could get a look at the refurbished HM. I arrived at the park around 6:45 pm and took a few pics of the Halloween decorations. I got in line about 7:20. The wait time said 20 minutes, and the queue looked menacing, but it moved quickly - until I got to the door. I, and everyone else in line, waited for about 15 minutes and then the door finally opened. We were "greeted" by what had to be the rudest, poorest excuse for cast members in the history of Walt Disney World. We were told, "Please keep moving straight through and exit the ride." That's right - no explanation, no courtesy, just a "move along." I'm FURIOUS! I'm not mad because the ride broke down, I am angry because I did not encounter ONE cast member with even a hint of tact, courtesy, or (heaven forbid) Disney magic.

Bad, BAD show!

The icing on the cake came as I was walking past the tombstones. I'm gonna save that for later. But, let me assure "Steve", the CM with the mustache and pathetic attitude, that I am NOT done with him.
    Well yesterday was a bit different than any other day at the parks. They probably could have been a bit better, but there was a mad crush of people and they had to keep that line moving to keep it going. Otherwise people were going to be stopping and photographing everything they could which would hold up the lines.

Also, if that got you furious then I think you need to work on some anger management my friend.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Gorgeous photos! I love the night shot of HM, simply breathtaking. Would you mind telling me what camera you use? I imagine some were taken on a tripod no?

Oh and can I use the HM photo for my wall paper?

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Gorgeous photos! I love the night shot of HM,
    +1

Are the blue exterior lights new?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow... you know one of the things I appreciate most about this place is the number of people who get such fantastic shots of the parks, and then are kind enough to share them with us!!! Those are beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• back to WDW in January

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    We were "greeted" by what had to be the rudest, poorest excuse for cast members in the history of Walt Disney World. We were told, "Please keep moving straight through and exit the ride." That's right - no explanation, no courtesy, just a "move along." I'm FURIOUS! I'm not mad because the ride broke down, I am angry because I did not encounter ONE cast member with even a hint of tact, courtesy, or (heaven forbid) Disney magic
    Great pics indeed

as for the Cast Member, I saw the video posted at 'wdwmagic' yesterday and at the beginning you can hear what appears to be a cast member loudly directing people through the attraction in an annoying, uncharacteristic voice that did not fit in at all with the "show".

Of course I could be wrong and it could have been a bossy visitor but ...

Gorgeous photos! I love the night shot of HM, simply breathtaking. Would you mind telling me what camera you use? I imagine some were taken on a tripod no?

Oh and can I use the HM photo for my wall paper?
    Summer, check out PhotoMatt's signature. He lists his camera, lenses, and flash, and I think it's the info you're looking for .
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres2006 View Post
    Summer, check out PhotoMatt's signature. He lists his camera, lenses, and flash, and I think it's the info you're looking for .
    Shows how much I pay attention to them. Thanks so much!

Really nice photos. We have not been to WDW so your sharing these really makes us appreciate it a bit. I too, would like to use your HM photo for wallpaper.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Also, if that got you furious then I think you need to work on some anger management my friend.
    You're kidding, right?

• Disneyholic

Shows how much I pay attention to them. Thanks so much!

I would have tho say the second question about the tripod would have to be yes as well as you can see the streaks of the people on main street walking by he probably had the shutter speed set very slow. That or he had it on a rail with a bean bag or something to keep it rock steady.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• World Traveler

Wonderful pictures. Did you go to City Hall to complain about the castmember at the HM?

•   

Howdy again.

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. I truly appreciate them.

I do use a tripod. It's actually a cheap video tripod. I don't care for it because the tripod head won't rotate to 90 degrees and the only way to level the camera is to raise or lower the legs. A good tripod is next on my list of things to buy.

I began the post by complaining about how the HM CM's handled a 101. Even though I wrote that I was furious I never actually said anything to the CM's about their performances. I don't think the anger management comment was warranted or appropriate. If I yelled or punched a CM it would be a different story, but that did not happen.

I will now talk about Steve, the CM I mentioned earlier. As I left the HM building and walked past the tombstones Steve said the following to all the guests in that area, "Please do not blame me for the breakdown, it was entirely the fault of the gentleman in the striped shirt (me). Attack him, not me." Now I realize that the comment was his lame attempt at humor, but I did not appreciate it. I know CM's take alot of heat when a ride goes 101, but it is THEIR job to deal with it, not the guests. Steve later tried to apologize for the comment he made by explaining that he was trying to take some of the criticism off of himself. That did not help.

Again, I realize that a 101 situation is a stressful experience for CM's. I think more training should be given to help them deal with them when they occur. It would have been much nicer if the CM's took a few seconds to explain, in a NORMAL voice - not shouting, what the situation was. I think the vast majority of people would understand that mechanical things break down, and if a CM treats a guest with courtesy then that courtesy will be returned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast