Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Are you going? If so, when? Are you dressing up? What as?

I will be attending with the Invasion group and it will be my first Halloween party ever! I'm terribly excited! If I can swing it I'm going as my VMK character, just need to find blue body paint.

• Disneyholic

Re: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Been several times, will probably not be able to make it down this year with work and all... Past two times we did dress up twice as Woodie, and last year as Jack Sparrow. Its a wonderful event and you wind up with way too much free candy... which as a diabetic now there is such a thing I'm afraid...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Loves Mickey!

We are going this year to try it out but don't know what we will be dressing as yet. When is the invasion group meeting?

• Happy Memories

I went for the first time last year and enjoyed it, but I doubt I'll be back again this year. If I had kids to take or something I would totally do it, but for me alone there isn't anything I can't get during regular park hours that makes it worth the extra money.

Just bought the tickets last night for October 11 (and printed them at home...very cool)!

I went to MNSSHP in 2005 and wore my Maggie from Home on the Range costume, which was heavy, and of course, furry. It was still around 80 degrees and I almost passed out after about an hour...learned my lesson!

This year I'll probably wear something minimal (like devil horns or something), and I have my MNSSHP shirt from 05.

Makes me sound like a party pooper, but I really felt like I was gonna die last time. Here's a picture of me with Scarecrow Mickey literally less than 5 minutes before I nearly passed out and decided to take it off (um, I was wearing clothes underneath, BTW ). Seriously, I look so terrible in this picture...you can tell I was moments away from almost collapsing...
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    We are going this year to try it out but don't know what we will be dressing as yet. When is the invasion group meeting?
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ets-75663.html

It's the 23rd!!

As for dressing up, not sure yet.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

(God willing) YES WE ARE GOING!!!!!!!! I'm a little excited, can you tell? We had hoped and hoped that we could go...but, with our upcoming move, it looked doubtful....well, we were able to squeeze it in. (again, God willing) we will be at the Halloween party on Oct 30th! I'll tell you our costumes.....if you PROMISE NOT TO STEAL THEM!!!! I will be Alice....(cause I already have the long, blonde hair) Hubby is the Mad Hatter...and our little gremlin will be the Queen of Hearts! She's practicing her "off with their heads!!". We're SOOOO excited.

• Banned User

Not going this year, going for 2008 in all possibility.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

We'll be there October 4th, already printed our tickets. Don't know what we will be yet, we are going to go to a costume shop this weekend. I think we should use our Harry Potter costumes again to get some more use out of them, but we'll see.

Summer, your idea of your VMK character is a riot! You must post pictures when you can.

I'm going on the Invasion trip and am going to MNSSHP not once, but twice!

I couldn't help myself.

I was leaning towards a woodland fairy as a costume. I still haven't decided.

There aren't any Halloween stores open around me yet....
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    (God willing) YES WE ARE GOING!!!!!!!! I'm a little excited, can you tell? We had hoped and hoped that we could go...but, with our upcoming move, it looked doubtful....well, we were able to squeeze it in. (again, God willing) we will be at the Halloween party on Oct 30th! I'll tell you our costumes.....if you PROMISE NOT TO STEAL THEM!!!! I will be Alice....(cause I already have the long, blonde hair) Hubby is the Mad Hatter...and our little gremlin will be the Queen of Hearts! She's practicing her "off with their heads!!". We're SOOOO excited.
    Where did you get your Alice and Mad Hatter costumes? Did you make them? I thought about being Alice last year at Halloween (cause I have long blonde hair, too), but we have no costume shops around my neighborhood. I am so not a seamstress, either!
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Where did you get your Alice and Mad Hatter costumes?
    I have ordered my Alice costume from the internet...(and I'm praying it DOES come and it fits).....I am putting my husband's Mad Hatter costume together. We thought we might get to go to the Halloween party way back in February.....so, when St. Patrick's day was around...we picked up an oversized Leprecaun hat....which I will turn into a Mad hat. We are scrounging thrift stores for the rest. Found the perfect pair of pants....just have to find a blazer.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    "I will be Alice....(cause I already have the long, blonde hair) Hubby is the Mad Hatter...and our little gremlin will be the Queen of Hearts! She's practicing her 'off with their heads!'. We're SOOOO excited."
    You know the rules...I plan to get dressed as Alice as well, but not 'til 2008 I hope down there. Tell them when you see them "Glad to meet me!"

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

We are going with Invasion in October. I think the adults (me, Clinks and my mom) may just wear Halloween shirts. I don't really feel like dressing up this year. But anything can change in the next month!

I am looking forward to it. It should be a lot of fun.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    ... just need to find blue body paint.
    Summer, just a word to the wise regarding the blue body paint. Think Big Thunder Mountain or Splash Mountain or any other random wet ride that the Invasion2 group may drag you onto. I seem to remember a little rain thrown into the mix last year, also.

I'm excited that it will be your first MNSSHP! This year will be MickeyMaxx and my fourth year in a row, if you can believe that, and we have enjoyed every single one we have attended. The parade and the fireworks are not to be missed.
    Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast