Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Lets just say the only place in california that celebrates BEANS!

Re: Is it too early for me to do a countdown to Disney World thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My decision to try out the Dining Plan for myself, was based on seeing it "up close, and personal". I vacationed with Jennifer's family in 2006. We wern't on the same package, so they had the Dining Plan, and I didn't. However, we shared many table service meals together on that trip. I figured that I would save money, just by booking some good ADR's on this Christmastime visit. The Candlelight Processional Meal is just charged as one table service credit.

77 days until my vacation.

Lucky have fun on your trip!
    Never been there from some tr's I've seen looks fun!

• Minion

On one of my past vacations, I decided not to use the last day of my pass. I was staying at the Beach Club at the time. I decided at that time, to upgrade my pass, and I returned home with a 4 day parkhopper with no expiration.

I decided recently to use those 4 days to see Disney World at Christmastime. I contemplated going alone. I had never traveled alone before. However, I have spent much "alone" time in the parks.

Just when I was going to call Disney and book my vacation, my friend Jennifer stopped by. You see, she is a MiceChatter and she had read my thread on MiceChat about me contemplating a trip to Disney World at Christmastime. We had a fun conversaton, at my house, and she decided to come with me on my Christmastime journey.

I was all set to stay in a value resort. I figured that it would be cheaper. I was leaning toward Pop Century. ALthough after I figured out my discount from AAA, I changed my mind, and we decided on POFQ. However, Jennifer wanted to use the Dining Plan. It was then I decided to let Jennifer's travel agent book the vacation for us. I usually do it all myself.

The excitement began. When we initially booked the trip, we were staying at POFQ for 6 nights with the Dining Plan. In order to get the Dining Plan we had to each purchase at least a One Day - Magic Your Way Ticket.

We paid our deposit, and declared, "We're Going to Disney World".

My trip is just 78 days away.
    I absolutely love POFQ! Great hotel choice. I hope you have a great time!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    I absolutely love POFQ! Great hotel choice. I hope you have a great time!
    Now, I haven't gotten around to telling all of you about the $300 savings that we got by switching moderate hotels. My friend Jennifer's travel agent, notified us of a special package offered by Disney Visa. The bottomline was that if we switched from POFQ to Coronado Springs, we would save $300 on our total package. I did a little research, and decided to make the switch. So my upand coming vacation is actually booked at Coronado Springs.

I haven't stayed at either POFQ or Coronado. I have been doing a lot of research on Coronado, and it does indeed look just as wonderful as the French Quarter. I have always had plans to stay at as many different resorts as I can, so I am delighted. Of course, it's always great to save. We are actually only paying $99 a night for the Coronado.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

What table service resturants are you eating at, Barbarann?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    What table service resturants are you eating at, Barbarann?

Dec. 5 - Ohana for dinner
    Dec. 6 - San Angel Inn - Candlelight Processional
    Dec. 7 - Afternoon Tea
    Dec. 8 - Rainforest Breakfast
    Park Fare dinner
    Dec. 9 - Mama Melrose
    Dec. 10 - Liberty Tree
    Dec. 11 - Ohana for breakfast.

The Afternoon Tea, and the Rainforest breakfast will not be included in our Dining Plan, but I don't mind paying the extra.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oooh sounds like some really great places!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My friend Jennifer usually lets her travel agent make all her ADR's. I like doing those phone calls myself. I had some pleasant conversations, with cast members while I was planning all of our table service meals. I just wish that Disney Dining had a toll free phone number. My phone bill was a whopper. I can kinda understand why Jennifer lets her travel agent makes those calls.

76 days until my trip.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The minute that I knew that I wanted to go to Disney World at Christmastime, I went out and purchased a Disney World Passporter at my local bookstore. It is a great guidebook, and a great book for planning. I began researching hotels, and meals, and all other facets of a trip to the world in December. I plan on carrying my book with me each day, and jotting down notes as things happen. It is also a good place to keep receipts, and any other papers that you want easy access to. it isn't very large, and it will fit easily into the small backpack that I have decided to carry to the parks.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-21-2007 at 07:47 AM.

• Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I take a vacation to either Disneyland, or Disney World, I like to do a countdown thread. I will be visiting Disney World in December. I have never been to Disney World at this time of the year. I am very excited.

Stayed tuned to this thread, as I tell you about my plans, and I countdown the days. As of today it's 79 days until my trip.
    I'm going to WDW in December to, from 11th - 26th, i have been at Christmas time before and it's so magical, you will love it!!!
    I am staying at POFQ, never stayed there before, the only Disney Resort i've stayed at was ASMusic so it will be great to try one of the moderate resorts and i've heard that POFQ has a very relaxing feel to it which i like!.
    It was 8 years since our last vacation so we feel well overdue for one now!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed-One View Post
    I'm going to WDW in December to, from 11th - 26th, i have been at Christmas time before and it's so magical, you will love it!!!
    I am staying at POFQ, never stayed there before, the only Disney Resort i've stayed at was ASMusic so it will be great to try one of the moderate resorts and i've heard that POFQ has a very relaxing feel to it which i like!.
    It was 8 years since our last vacation so we feel well overdue for one now!
    I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, and spent an afternoon checking out the French Quarter. I would be staying there, except for the good deal that I got at Coronado. Have a great time, and welcome to MiceChat.

I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, and spent an afternoon checking out the French Quarter. I would be staying there, except for the good deal that I got at Coronado. Have a great time, and welcome to MiceChat.
    Thank you!, you have a good trip too
    What did you think of the French Quarter when you had a look around?, is it a lot smaller than Riverside?..
    Coronado looks really nice too, i did think about staying there when i was choosing a Resort but i liked the smaller size of the French Quarter.
    I love the mexican theme of Coronado and the grounds look lovely, i have never even been there to look around so you will have to tell us all about it when you get back.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thank you!, you have a good trip too
    What did you think of the French Quarter when you had a look around?, is it a lot smaller than Riverside?..
    Coronado looks really nice too, i did think about staying there when i was choosing a Resort but i liked the smaller size of the French Quarter.
    I love the mexican theme of Coronado and the grounds look lovely, i have never even been there to look around so you will have to tell us all about it when you get back.
    It looked so really nice. It has that New Orleans feel. The swimming pool was the reason we walked over there. My grandson wanted to slide down that Dragon slide. We did eat our dinner in the food court. It was similar of course to Riverside. I stayed at Riverside twice, because my grandson really enjoyed the fishing there. The buildings at French Quarter are a lot closer together. I understand the rooms are almost identical to those at Riverside. I enjoy the rooms at the moderate hotels, they are very comfortable. I have also stayed at Caribbean Beach. It is also a great location, because of the proximity to Downtown Disney. The boat from the French Quarter is a fun trip to the shopping at Downtown Disney. I have taken it from Riverside. In fact, I believe that we are visiting Downtown Disney on our first day of our upcoming trip. We may make a side trip to the French Quarter. I believe that all the different resorts, are probably decorated very uniquely for Christmas, each in their own way. I'd like to get a lot of pictures of as many decorations as I can.

It looked so really nice. It has that New Orleans feel. The swimming pool was the reason we walked over there. My grandson wanted to slide down that Dragon slide. We did eat our dinner in the food court. It was similar of course to Riverside. I stayed at Riverside twice, because my grandson really enjoyed the fishing there. The buildings at French Quarter are a lot closer together. I understand the rooms are almost identical to those at Riverside. I enjoy the rooms at the moderate hotels, they are very comfortable. I have also stayed at Caribbean Beach. It is also a great location, because of the proximity to Downtown Disney. The boat from the French Quarter is a fun trip to the shopping at Downtown Disney. I have taken it from Riverside. In fact, I believe that we are visiting Downtown Disney on our first day of our upcoming trip. We may make a side trip to the French Quarter. I believe that all the different resorts, are probably decorated very uniquely for Christmas, each in their own way. I'd like to get a lot of pictures of as many decorations as I can.
    Thanks, it's good to get an idea of what it will be like, i have seen a few photos but that's it, i can't wait!
    We always go to Downtown Disney on our 1st night there, gets us in the Disney mood before hitting the parks the next day.
    I see in one of your previous posts that you are dining at Liberty Tree Tavern, we are dining there too on the 13th Dec, i have never dined there before but it was recommended to me, apparently the meal there is just like a home cooked meal.
    The only other dining reservation we have made so far is a Character Breakfast at Crystal Palace, i've never eaten there either but we booked it mainly because i am a huge Winnie The Pooh fan!
    Are you spending your whole vacation at WDW or are you planning to visit places outside Disney?.
    We are going to Discovery Cove for the 1st time and also Sea World, Universal Studios and Florida Mall.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks, it's good to get an idea of what it will be like, i have seen a few photos but that's it, i can't wait!
    We always go to Downtown Disney on our 1st night there, gets us in the Disney mood before hitting the parks the next day.
    I see in one of your previous posts that you are dining at Liberty Tree Tavern, we are dining there too on the 13th Dec, i have never dined there before but it was recommended to me, apparently the meal there is just like a home cooked meal.
    The only other dining reservation we have made so far is a Character Breakfast at Crystal Palace, i've never eaten there either but we booked it mainly because i am a huge Winnie The Pooh fan!
    Are you spending your whole vacation at WDW or are you planning to visit places outside Disney?.
    We are going to Discovery Cove for the 1st time and also Sea World, Universal Studios and Florida Mall.
    I also have never eaten at Liberty Tree. My friend Jennifer, who I am traveling with, recommends it highly. Crystal Palace is a lot of fun. The Pooh characters are great, and the food is always good.

My entire vacation will be at Disney World. I have never ventured outside of the world, on any of my past trips to Florida. I don't drive, and that is the main reason. I have thought about visiting Sea World, because my son was there, and he raved about it. I just like visiting the world, because you really have the buses, and all the other transportation that wiil take you everywhere.

• Senior Minion

>>is it too early?<<

Its never to early!!!!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast