Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Is it too early for me to do a countdown to Disney World thread?

I always like to end my vacation at Magic Kingdom. The night before we go home, we will be at Magic Kingdom. I love watching Wishes from the train station. There is just something so wonderful about seeing Tinker Bell's flight from up there. Of course, I like hearing Jiminy Cricket's narration as well. My biggest wish - yet to be fulfilled - is to see Jiminy in person, and get a photo, and autograph.

72 days until my trip.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have 10 more weeks to prepare for my trip. I am ready to go now. Ready in my head, but not ready physically, of course. A 6 night trip requires more than a carry on suitcase, especially in the month of December.

We have decided that the first day of our vacation will be spent at Downtown Disney shopping. We have a dinner planned for Ohana. Originally we had it timed perfectly to see the fireworks, which were scheduled for 8. Now they are at 9 p.m. Our 7 p.m. dinner time, probably means we will be leaving our dinner as Wishes is beginning.

I remember the first time that I ate at Ohana. It was with my husband, and my grandson. That was my husband's only trip to Disney World. It was my first visit, as well as my grandson's. He was 4. I was also celebrating my 50th birthday. They played the "Hawaii 5 0 music." The food was delicious, and the birthday touches were great. We saw the fireworks from Ohana that night. It was an impromptu visit. We didn't plan it ahead, and that made it even more special.

70 days until my trip.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I know that there are many things people like about WDW, and since it's been almost 30 years since my last visit there I haven't really "seen" it.

But I still wish you were headed west again, instead of southeast. Selfish reasons, I know.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I know that there are many things people like about WDW, and since it's been almost 30 years since my last visit there I haven't really "seen" it.

But I still wish you were headed west again, instead of southeast. Selfish reasons, I know.

--Barry
    Next year, 2008, I am definitely planning a Christmastime visit to Disneyland. My decision to go to Disney World this year was based on the fact that I already visited Disneyland this year. Also I am using a pass that has 4 days left on it. That cut my expenses down a bit.

So, I'll be back to Disneyland. It is my favorite park.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-26-2007 at 04:32 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Dec. 5 - Ohana for dinner
    Dec. 6 - San Angel Inn - Candlelight Processional
    Dec. 7 - Afternoon Tea
    Dec. 8 - Rainforest Breakfast
    Park Fare dinner
    Dec. 9 - Mama Melrose
    Dec. 10 - Liberty Tree
    Dec. 11 - Ohana for breakfast.

The Afternoon Tea, and the Rainforest breakfast will not be included in our Dining Plan, but I don't mind paying the extra.
    It's never to early to plan your vacation. Going on the above restaurants here is my take.

San Angel Inn - Love the ambiance and the food is great too! I recommend the chicken fajitas, very good.
    Rainforest Breakfast - This was FANTASTIC! We had breakfast there one time and added it to our list of good breakfast locations.
    Liberty Tree - The food here is so good and the atmosphere is great! I also love seeing the characters in the old world clothing, it's awesome.

Keep this thread going and when it gets closer I'll try and schedule a meet for when your in town. I would love to meet you Barbara!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    It's never to early to plan your vacation. Going on the above restaurants here is my take.

San Angel Inn - Love the ambiance and the food is great too! I recommend the chicken fajitas, very good.
    Rainforest Breakfast - This was FANTASTIC! We had breakfast there one time and added it to our list of good breakfast locations.
    Liberty Tree - The food here is so good and the atmosphere is great! I also love seeing the characters in the old world clothing, it's awesome.

Keep this thread going and when it gets closer I'll try and schedule a meet for when your in town. I would love to meet you Barbara!
    I will be posting my parks itinerary in a future post, of course. I am hoping to be able to meet a few MiceChatters during my trip.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

It is NEVER too soon to start a countdown!!

We booked our trip like 5 months ago and have been counting down since. It is a much needed trip for the whole Clinkerbelle clan.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Circle of Ancients

22 days from RIGHT NOW we will be sitting on a plane, getting ready to take off for Orlando!!!!

Can't wait.

• Minion

I'm going back in December 2008.... only about 440 days to go
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    Counting down is always more fun, than not counting at all.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post

Awww you beat me, I just fininshed booking a one bedroom at AK for April 08' - 7 months to the day (well to the end of stay)

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• The one, the only...

it is never too early to get excited that about a trip to WDW! I am going in December too. I am very excited too. I have been there in December before, and had a wonderful time. Christmas and Disney is a great mix!

I have been to the Christmas Party before too. It is very nice! My favorite is the Osborne Family Lights. They are just so magical! I also loved going to all the different hotels and looking at this Christmas decorations. They each were unique.

I wish a wonderful trip.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am hoping to visit some of the different hotels. We are staying at Coronado Springs. On our first day, we are going to Downtown Disney, so we may take the boat back to POFQ, and then get to Magic Kingdom from there. That way, we can see the decorations at that hotel. Then it's off to the Polynesian, and Ohana. Since we aren't doing any park the first day, we may have time to check out the Contemporary as well. The Grand Floridian will be visited by us later in our trip, when we have Afternoon Tea there, and we have a dinner at Park Fare. I just purchased two more memory cards for my camera. I don't want to miss any good photos.

• Minion

I am still trying to get started on my trip report but I just got back from a stay at CS resort.

I do like the hotel, it is very nicely themed and comfortable but....

If you have a rental car, be very wary of conventions. We got slammed by a huge IRS convention and they don't do a very good job of keeping the convention people away from the hotel guest parking areas.

This is especially true if you stay in the Casitas area.

Just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am hoping to visit some of the different hotels. We are staying at Coronado Springs. On our first day, we are going to Downtown Disney, so we may take the boat back to POFQ, and then get to Magic Kingdom from there. That way, we can see the decorations at that hotel. Then it's off to the Polynesian, and Ohana. Since we aren't doing any park the first day, we may have time to check out the Contemporary as well. The Grand Floridian will be visited by us later in our trip, when we have Afternoon Tea there, and we have a dinner at Park Fare. I just purchased two more memory cards for my camera. I don't want to miss any good photos.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

No, we are not renting a car. I just asked for a room close to a bus stop, and/or the main building, and food court. I didn't specify any particular building or section.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast