Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Is it too early for me to do a countdown to Disney World thread?

Here's what we have planned so far:

Wednesday, December the 5th - we arrive at WDW - and are staying at Coronado Springs. We are planning a trip to Downtown Disney for shopping, and we have a 7 p.m. dinner at Ohana.

Thursday, December the 6th - It's an Early morning at Magic Kingdom, and I always like to do this once on each trip. We have a 4:15 dinner at San Angel Inn at Epcot. Candlelight Processional seating for 6:45.

Friday, December the 7th - We are taking the Yuletide Tour meeting at Epcot. We have an ADR for Afternoon Tea at the GF at 2:10. This is the night we are doing the Christmas Party.

Saturday, December the 8th - I have a late breakfast reservation at Rainforest for 9:45. This is the one at Animal Kingdom. We have a dinner ADR at Park Fare for 6:20

Sunday, December the 9th - We have a 4:40 ADR at Mama Melrose at MGM.

Monday, December the 10th - we have a 4 p.m. ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK.

Tuesday - December the 11th - we have a 9:10 a.m. ADR at Ohana. Our airplane is scheduled to take off at 3:12 p.m.

I have left a lot out, I know. Exactly what parks we will end up is still up for discussion. I plan, but I don't like to plan every moment.

There are only 69 days until I'm there.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I tend to want to carry too much stuff to the parks. I don't want to be caught not prepared. However, as I get older, if I carry too much, I tend to get a very bad backache. My main concern will be the weather. I sure hope that I am not bogged down each day with extra clothing.

Isn't it funny the things we concern ourselves with before we go on vacation. I suppose I should plan a trip back to my hotel sometime during the day. That way I will get a rest, and I can prepare for evenings, which are definitely likely to be cooler. I have read that the best way to dress in December is in layers.

I have a very small Mickey backpack that is just big enough for my camera, and the other few daily essentials. I purchased it, on my last trip to Disneyland.

I need to go through my wardrobe soon, and make some smart wardrobe choices for my December trip to Disneyland.

My trip is 65 days away.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess it was too early to post a countdown thread, since I haven't been back here in a while. My upcoming vacation pops into my head each day. I have some concerns about packing, and weather, and just how tired I might get, but most of that will get worked out, I'm sure.

I am 60, and I will be traveling with another mom, who is young enough to be my daughter. She's obviously going to have more stamina than I will. I need to take some time, and look at my itinerary again, and actually deliberately plan for some rest time into each of my days. If I dont', I will be falling asleep on park benches, and anytime, I sit. It has happened.

I am especially looking forward to getting photos of all the Christmas decorations. I am going to Target today. I should pick up another package of batteries. I can never have enough of those for my camera.

50 days until my trip.

• Disneyholic

We just booked Thanksgiving week at the Polynesian last night. Was amazed we could get it since Disney's site was sold out practically everywhere but Magical Travel came through again! So.. 1 month 1 day away!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    We just booked Thanksgiving week at the Polynesian last night. Was amazed we could get it since Disney's site was sold out practically everywhere but Magical Travel came through again! So.. 1 month 1 day away!
    It's good to see someone as excited as I am. I am so looking forward to the holidays at Disney World.

Enjoy your vacation, and let us know how it went. I stayed at the Polynesian in 1997. That was my first experience at WDW, and it was wonderful.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It's good to see someone as excited as I am. I am so looking forward to the holidays at Disney World.

Enjoy your vacation, and let us know how it went. I stayed at the Polynesian in 1997. That was my first experience at WDW, and it was wonderful.

I have stayed there about 7-8 times myself, its my favorite resort at WDW.

• Minion

Is it too early to post now if I am going to Mousefest 2008 ?
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    Is it too early to post now if I am going to Mousefest 2008 ?

Its never too early for good news. Bad news on the other hand.....

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

We leave for WDW TOMORROW!!!!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    We leave for WDW TOMORROW!!!!!!
    Have a great Time!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip is now just seven weeks away. I have been trying to finish up all my Disney scrapbooks, before I go on this next trip. I have a few pages left in my Disneyland book. Then I will begin scrapping the trip that I last took to Disney World which was in July of 2006. As I am scrappin, I will probably take a few notes of things that I should have taken photos of.

I believe that there is a MiceChat group going to Disney World this month. I remember that they were there last year at about this time.

49 days until my vacation.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

I believe that there is a MiceChat group going to Disney World this month. I remember that they were there last year at about this time.

49 days until my vacation.
    Yes the first person leaves today. We leave tomorrow and then the rest are coming Saturday. Yes, we were there this time last year. Looking forward to this trip so much!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    Yes the first person leaves today. We leave tomorrow and then the rest are coming Saturday. Yes, we were there this time last year. Looking forward to this trip so much!!!
    I am sure that you will have a wonderful time. One of these years I'll take a trip and do the Halloween Party. I am making my way down a list of things that I want to do, and times that I want to visit both Disneyland, and Disney World. Hopefully, I'll live long enough, and save up enough money to accomplish my list.

• Minion

52 days!
    I want my cake back!

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

I was all set to stay in a value resort. I figured that it would be cheaper. I was leaning toward Pop Century. ALthough after I figured out my discount from AAA, I changed my mind, and we decided on POFQ. However, Jennifer wanted to use the Dining Plan. It was then I decided to let Jennifer's travel agent book the vacation for us. I usually do it all myself.

Please tell us how this hotel is when you get back! I am looking at staying there when I go in October of next year and would love a review! From how long the buses took.... well just everything!
    Christina

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast