Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

Question What is the best restaurant in WDW??

Pretty self explanatory title I just wanted to know what everyone thought.
    wishesjake and SleepingBeauty867

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: What is the best restaurant in WDW??

I can't say it enough... California Grill
    Le Cellier is a close second!

For counter service it's Harbor House
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I can't say it enough... California Grill
    Le Cellier is a close second!

For counter service it's Harbor House
    What she said.

Victoria & Albert's is pretty good too (although I only went for a special event lunch there... not dinner). I've always wanted to try Narcoossee's, but haven't had the chance yet.
    --Jonathan

• Why can't you tune a fish

V&A

but for somthing you can eat at in "park clothes" - Atrist Point & california Grill

Notice "park clothes" is NOT Crocs, cut-offs, and a basball hat. It means clothes you may wear to the parks and be at least semi-comfortable except maybe in the hottest of summer days. Chinos and a shirt with a collar, even a nice pair of shorts may be acceptable depending on the time of day and the heat. V&A is jacket and tie required (for men) and I have never felt comfortable wearing a jacket and tie on Splash Mountain

Dress is a pet peeve of mine. I mean yes, it's a park, and it's hot, but come on, go in the bathroom, tuck in your shirt, wash your face, and take off your hat. Maybe it's just me, but thats my take on it.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

I don't know what the best one is, but I always enjoy eating at a Rainforrest Cafe, and I know they have one in Animal Kingdom.

• Minion

Victoria & Albert's
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

MickeyMaxx and I really, really wanted to dine at Le Cellier during our January trip this year. I tried to get reservations each morning at the concierge, to no avail. Then one time the concierge recommended the Yachtsman Steakhouse as an alternative. It is at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and is a quick boat trip from Epcot.

We absolutely loved it. It is a white tablecloth restaurant with food, service (and prices) on par with Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

I rarely see it mentioned online in threads such as this one, but I would definitely go back in a heartbeat!

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ouseDiningPage
    Rick

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The "best" is everyone's own personal preference. I really can't comment on the table service restaurants as I've only been to 4 of them (Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace, 50's Primetime & Chefs de France... they were all good). Counter service is another thing. My fave at MK is probably Pecos Bill's. At EPCOT I like the Cantina in Mexico and the temporary tempura stand in Japan. MGM ('scuse me, Disney's Hollywood) would probably be Pizza Planet.

Counter Service:

MK: Used to be El Pirata y El Perico, but on the rare chance it's open, the menu is different than it used to be, so now it's Columbia Harbor House (for food and atmosphere).

EPCOT: Electric Umbrella...for some reason it always brings me back to my childhood...and I love the newer food choices lately

DHS: Used to be the commissary until they kept messing around with the menu...I'll go with Fairfax Fries on this one, because I tend to do either sit-down or snacks when I'm at the Studios.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ (mmmm...thank goodness I'm leaving in 18 days...I'm getting hungry .

Sit-Down:

MK: Liberty Tree Tavern
    EPCOT: Le Cellier
    DHS: 50's Primetime
    AK: Haven't done...except Rainforest, but I'm not a big fan

Overall, my votes for best dining options at WDW are Columbia Harbor House for counter and 50's Primetime for sit-down (gosh I love the pot roast...kind of heavy on a 95 degree day, though!).
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

California Grill was great. I took my grandson, and his mom there in 2003. It's a great place for good food. They didn't "talk down" to my grandson, who was 10 at the time. It is pricey, but I think everyone should eat there at least once. We timed it for the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. That was one special night for the three of us.

I have been lucky. I have never had a bad meal at Disney World. I like to try as many different restaurants as I can. I am trying some new ones, during my up and coming trip this December.

Eh, California Grill - too "mod" and too expensive.

Le Cellier, Artist Point, and Yachtsman's Steakhouse - all good for a great cut of beef as well as salmon...yum...

I really enjoy Hoop Dee Doo Revue's all you can eat BBQ fare. It's great fun!

If you are a huge fan of seafood, I recommend Coral Reef.

The Biergarten is a very tasty place if you enjoy German fare and German beer. Prost!

Hmmm...50's Prime Time Cafe is always a fun place. The CMs stay in character throughout your meal. I always love to take first-timers to WDW there and watch their reactions to "Mom", "Sis", or "Auntie" telling them to set their own table! *snicker*

It all depends on what type of food you are in the mood to eat.

On the whole, I tend to stay away from counter service - well except for the ice cream vendors, and Flame Tree BBQ !
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Counter Service:

MK: Columbia Harbor House
    EPCOT: Electric Umbrella
    Disney Studios: Backlot Express
    AK: Tusker House (too bad it's being converted to a buffet)

Table Service:
    Le Cellier in Canada, Ohana at the Polynesian, and the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club are my faves!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I liked Cinderella's Royal Table. It was pretty good.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    V&A

but for somthing you can eat at in "park clothes" - Atrist Point & california Grill
    Oh, yes another overlooked place: Artist Point at DWE. Excellent! And not only because "resort casual"attire is accepted, but because it is lesser known you don't have to call 3 months ahead for reservations! We walked in without PS on a busy weekend night and only had a half hour wait.
    Dress is a pet peeve of mine. I mean yes, it's a park, and it's hot, but come on, go in the bathroom, tuck in your shirt, wash your face, and take off your hat. Maybe it's just me, but thats my take on it.

-dave
    I agree 100%! sometimes people push the "resort casual" envelope and don't get--or don't care that you should at least look presentable. When we dined at California Grill last trip we planned an early park exit so we could return to our rooms to clean up and "change for dinner." This is something that fewer and fewer people do these days but a it's a social convention that I sometimes miss. To me it enhances the dining experience when a little preparation is required and a little effort is put into dressing up, at least a bit.

For Disney Dining Experience cardholders: Another thing that I recommend that many don't think about: if you have a rental car (or your own), drive to the Contemporary (or other resort hotel where you fine dining reservation is) and valet park. It's much more convenient and comfortable than dealing with bus/monorail crowds, and when dining at that hotel it is complimentary (just a couple bucks for the attendant, a small price to pay).

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    MickeyMaxx and I really, really wanted to dine at Le Cellier during our January trip this year. I tried to get reservations each morning at the concierge, to no avail.
    Another thing about LeCellier: ask for Patrick to be your server!
    Really, he's an excellent waiter, you won't be sorry!
    It is at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and is a quick boat trip from Epcot.

We absolutely loved it. It is a white tablecloth restaurant with food, service (and prices) on par with Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

I rarely see it mentioned online in threads such as this one, but I would definitely go back in a heartbeat!
    Really... I've always wanted to go! I'm available this October 20-29 for dinner, BTW.
    --Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The "best" is everyone's own personal preference. I really can't comment on the table service restaurants as I've only been to 4 of them (Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace, 50's Primetime & Chefs de France... they were all good). Counter service is another thing. My fave at MK is probably Pecos Bill's. At EPCOT I like the Cantina in Mexico and the temporary tempura stand in Japan. MGM ('scuse me, Disney's Hollywood) would probably be Pizza Planet.
    I totally forgot about Mexico at Epcot. Is it the one that had the Aztec ruins and volcano? Cause that's the one I liked. The food was good, but just like Rainforrest Cafe the atmosphere made it as much fun as an attraction.

I also liked Japan's sushi bar. There was really cute boy working there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast