•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Lightbulb Probable Pirate and Princess Party Dates for 2008

Well, I'm going out on a limb here... the Magic Kingdom always seems to close at 7pm on days of Hard-Ticketed Events like the Halloween Parties, Christmas Parties, and the Pirate and Princess Parties. Simply by looking at the Magic Kingdom Park's Operating Calendar for 2008 (as posted on the WDW website) I can make an extremely educated guess on the dates of Disney's Pirate & Princess Party for 2008. And the dates are:

Jan. 9th, 21st & 26th (The 9th seems a bit early to me, but it is a 7pm closing. Personally I wouldn't make any plans based on that date)

Feb. 2nd, 9th, 14th & 22nd.

March 1st, 6th, 11th & 14th.

The calendar doesn't go beyond March.

So, place your bets, but I'll bet you I'm right for the majority of these dates.

A DISCLAIMER: DO NOT PLAN YOUR VACATIONS AROUND THESE DATES UNTIL THEY ARE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED. PARK HOURS AND SPECIAL EVENT DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME, ESPECIALLY IF THEY HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASED YET.

Thank you.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Probable Pirate and Princess Party Dates for 2008

Why would they do it again so early in the year and not at this time of year again?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

It will be throughout the year next year, just like it was this year, except with much more scattered dates.

what excatly is a pirate princess party?? we are going in febuary and are wondering wats worth booking.

• back to WDW in January

what excatly is a pirate princess party?? we are going in febuary and are wondering wats worth booking.
    The official Disney description:

Dreams of becoming a young buccaneer or pretty princess can come true during the new Disney's Pirate & Princess Party, a fun-filled after-hours event coming to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.

With an adventure map and treasure pouch in hand, families can embark on a quest for colorful beads, chocolate doubloons and fun throughout the Magic Kingdom theme park. Adventurers can explore Magic Kingdom on a quest for pirate coves and princess courts brimming with specially themed entertainment, participate in character meet-and-greets and experience some of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions open throughout the evening. Guests are invited to dress up as a wily pirate or favorite Disney princess.
    Adding to the magic of the event will be two new nighttime entertainment spectaculars:

-- "Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade" features a new 39-foot-long raucous pirate ship overflowing with swashbuckling adventurers, plus a treasure-filled float with Captain Jack Sparrow himself. The colorful cavalcade moves down Main Street, U.S.A. with the twirling Jolly Roger Flag Corps -- plus royal knights on horseback, court dancers and a regal processional of Disney princesses and princes.

-- "Magic, Music and Mayhem," a fireworks display orchestrated to an original musical score, will fill the sky above Magic Kingdom.
    "This new party allows guests to live out the adventures of scurvy pirates and pretty princesses," said Tara Anderson, Disney show director. "We have created a new Magic Kingdom event that lets you step right into your favorite stories and fairytales."
    Party highlights:

-- Adventureland: Captain Jack Sparrow leads a pirate tutorial offering young buccaneers sword fighting tips; plus a chance for photos with Jasmine and laughs with the hilarious Genie.

--Fantasyland: A fish called Flounder and crazy crab Sebastian kick it up with an "Under the Sea" dance party, and meet-and-greets with Ariel.

-- Toontown: Court musicians and strolling jugglers hail princesses Cinderella, Belle and Aurora in a princess pavilion. Pirate Mickey and Donald invite guests to step right up and try their luck at carnival games in a themed play area.

--Frontierland: Singing sensation Riverboat Roulettes lure guests to a haunted river boat where the ghost of Jolly Roger spins tales amidst magicians and more.

-- Tomorrowland: Young guests meet a space pirate, boogie down at Stitch's cosmic dance party, and enjoy break-dancing pirates and other entertainment.

Day-of tickets are priced at $42.95 plus tax (ages 10 and over), $35.95 plus tax (ages 3-9). Phone 407/W-DISNEY or go to www.disneyworld.com/pirateandprincess
    Last edited by tjcjr; 10-01-2007 at 06:36 AM.