Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: Contemporary resort not so kind or contemporary

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    With my laptop and this card, I can access my email from anywhere in the United States, even poolside or at the beach.

Except from the "Customs House" at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I have cellular broadband, and no joy at that location. The reast of CBR, it worked fine. Wating for the DME, no signal.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• back to WDW in January

Some more info WiFi implementation at WDW can be found here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/wi_fi...ld-t77791.html

• Golden State of Mind

ok so you got some legit beef here, but the prices are like that all over the resorts (are we forgeting that WDW is freakin huge and pretty much runs everything on their own, i can imagine there'd be a hefty little bill for the upkeep of WDW)

Contemporary- Lack of Future?
    I'm pretty sure thats what the whole big renovation that has been going on at that hotel for the last couple years is.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Disney's Contemporary Resort has complimentary wired internet in all rooms. It is currently the only resort in WDW to have this, but it is expected to be rolled out to other resorts in the near future.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

$10 a day in-room internet access is pretty standard for hotels all over the country. Some hotels also offer free wifi in their lobbies but very few currently include it in the rooms yet. I wish they'd get with the program!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    $10 a day in-room internet access is pretty standard for hotels all over the country. Some hotels also offer free wifi in their lobbies but very few currently include it in the rooms yet. I wish they'd get with the program!
    When I was driving down from Delaware to Orlando I stayed at a hotel (Comfort Inn in Florence, SC) that had free wi-fi in every room. When I was trying to decide which hotel to stay in all of the 2 star hotels offered free wi-fi. I think wi-fi is more common than you think.

-Harry

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Included internet access is rapidly becoming the standard in resorts. $10 a night is getting turned into a resort fee that ever room pays automatically... it includes free long distance as well. (within the US) There are a few hotel chains that have started that.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

ah, I never saw the appeal of the Contemporary anyway....we went for breakfast, and it was nice....but, everytime you ride through on the momorail, or even when we drove through to park....it looks filthy. I mean......it looks just grimy. trashy. No thanks.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Included internet access is rapidly becoming the standard in resorts. $10 a night is getting turned into a resort fee that ever room pays automatically... it includes free long distance as well. (within the US) There are a few hotel chains that have started that.
    I've only had a laptop for a couple months, so I'm just noticing all this stuff for the first time. I'm hoping this keeps up as I had to pay $20 for 2 days of internet in my room at the Hilton I stayed at last month for work. I ended up using the net connection for work-related stuff, so I got reimbursed the $20 when I filled out my expense report.

I was supposed to go to Orlando this weekend for work (my boss was the only one who ended up going) and the hotel I was going to stay at had free wifi in the room. Disappointed I didn't get to go as the hotel looked awesome (the Villas of Grand Cypress).

Cruise Ship charge for Wi-Fi as well unless you are a plantium member of Carinval Cruises.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

The trend in hotels is to provide free high-speed and/or wi-fi ... Disney is, like others have pointed out, behind the times on many services/amenities and only now starting to catch up.

I will never, unless my work is paying, spend what some hotel chains like Disney want to charge for Internet access.

If I go to a WDW resort, I'll spend 75 cents and use dial-up and leave the thing connected all day.

Five years from now there won't be one major hotel company that charges anything for web access.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Um... I'll gladly stay there, free wifi o rnot
    I guess sometimes It's good to not have a laptop
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Five years from now there won't be one major hotel company that charges anything for web access.

Let me re-write that a bit

Five years from now there will not be one major hotel company where you can avoid paying for web access, weather you want to use it or not.

It will all be rolled into the room cost and spread over the entire customer base.

I am in the lucky position that my job pays for my unlimited usage cellular broadband account. So I actualy LIKE it went the resort charges extra. But then I realize not eveyone is in that position.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Five years from now there will not be one major hotel company where you can avoid paying for web access, weather you want to use it or not
    I work for a major hotel chain....our internet access is free. I have always wondered about Disney hotels though.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

A lot of higher end, which is what Disney bills itself as, hotels do not have free internet access. The customer base is either business related, so it is just a business expense, or considered to have enough money to pay, and they do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast