View Poll Results: Which parks do you consider "half-day" parks?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic Kingdom

2 3.70%
  • Epcot

3 5.56%
  • Disney-MGM Studios

25 46.30%
  • Animal Kingdom

30 55.56%
  • None of the Above

15 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Stop That!

Which parks do you consider "half-day" parks?

After reading the other threads about "No 5th Park" and "Half Day" parks, I got to wondering how varied the opinions on this were overall. Obviously what's considered a "half-day" park is subjective; even Hong Kong Disneyland could be a full-day park if you stayed around long enough...

So, I'm wondering: do you spend significantly less than a full day at any of the parks during your visit? And I'm not asking whether it's possible to spend an entire day. I want to know if you do.

Well, do you?

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Which parks do you consider "half-day" parks?

I could easily spend a full day at each of the parks. Full day being defined by the opening hours.
    Easily.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I could easily spend a full day at each of the parks.
    Sure you could. But do you?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    After reading the other threads about "No 5th Park" and "Half Day" parks, I got to wondering how varied the opinions on this were overall. Obviously what's considered a "half-day" park is subjective; even Hong Kong Disneyland could be a full-day park if you stayed around long enough...

So, I'm wondering: do you spend significantly less than a full day at any of the parks during your visit? And I'm not asking whether it's possible to spend an entire day. I want to know if you do.

Well, do you?

It depends - how is that for an answer. I have hit all four parks and DTD in one day. I have also spent a full day in each of the four parks at one time or another.

I will say that I rarely stay in AK until close. For some reason I find the combo of heat and humidty in AK to be worse that any other park (all the plant) Also if I stay to closing its really to early to call it a day, but if I am going to park hop I want to do so around 3:00 or so. So most of the time I do leave AK around 3:00

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

I voted for AK and MGM/DHS. Right now, I am straining to spend more than an afternoon at the studios. My vote for AK is purely my fault, though. There is quite a bit I have yet to do there, and I pledge to do as much as possible on my next trip (15 days!).

Usually at AK we do It's Tough to Be a Bug and Flights of Wonder (my mom loves that show). I try to get to EE, but I've only ridden it twice, and one time was at the AP preview. I haven't been on Dinosaur in years...also, my family has only eaten a "real" meal at AK once, and it was in January when my mom and I went to Flame Tree...I made her and my grandma promise we could eat there again in October - delicious! So as you can see, we spend an awful lot of time in buses and walking just to experience two attractions...less than a half day, and it's very disappointing. When I do my very first TR after my trip, I'll be sure to include as much as I could wrangle out of my family at AK!

I feel good about the changes coming to DHS, so I hope that within the next few years it will truly become a full day park. My typical day there includes ToT and RnRC right away (only two of us ride ToT and no one else rides RnRC so my my sister uses her ticket to get me a FP for whichever one I don't get - this only works when my entire family goes, though, which is once every few years). As a family we do Muppets, GMR, and...hm, those are the only regulars, I guess. We do like to watch the movie at the end of "One Man's Dream" when we can. I don't feel compelled to see LMA again, so...I guess that's it. Makes it annoying when you want to see Fantasmic and your day is done at 1 or 2! Usually, we end up taking the boat ride to EPCOT and spending the rest of the day there!

Part of the reason for this is my past 5 or 6 trips (back 2 years or so) have been 5 days or less, so I feel pretty rushed. My trip coming up is a full 7 days plus a few hours the morning we leave, so I'm really hoping to do things I don't normally do. I anticipate lifting my personal 1/2 day title off AK - so we'll see!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    It depends - how is that for an answer. I have hit all four parks and DTD in one day. I have also spent a full day in each of the four parks at one time or another.
    I was thinking that, too. I rarely spend an entire day at any one park these days, what with the park hopping and dinner reservations and such.

When I visit MGM I'm able to see everything I wish to see again ("But I saw Sounds Dangerous last year!") in only half a day... I skip things at MK too (Stitch!), but the sheer number and variety of attractions makes up for those.

Also, I would assume first-time or very infrequent visitors could find them all full-day excursions...

Blog Entries

In my 3 trips I have yet to spend the entire day at AK. Even doing things like Everest and Dinosaur twice, we still didn't have enough to do.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I always tell people that EPCOT and MGM are 1/2 day parks...

Why???

Well because when I go to Epcot, I hardly ever stroll around the world showcase. I only goto Italy and Japan....

And in Future world, I just hit the important ride (ie. Mission Space, SSE, Test Track)

MGM, I usually just hit ToT and Aerosmith, then I walk to GMR and then I walk around and I am outta there in like 4hrs or so....

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    I always tell people that EPCOT and MGM are 1/2 day parks...

Why???

Well because when I go to Epcot, I hardly ever stroll around the world showcase. I only goto Italy and Japan....

And in Future world, I just hit the important ride (ie. Mission Space, SSE, Test Track)

MGM, I usually just hit ToT and Aerosmith, then I walk to GMR and then I walk around and I am outta there in like 4hrs or so....

For me, the entire WDW resort is a one day event. I walk into the gate of each park, say "look at all this crappy maintenance and wal-marting" then I turn around and leave.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Nutty about Disney parks

when you really think about now, I guess you should be factoring in time you spent at the parks waiting in line

during the summertime yeah MGM could be considered a full day park because you would spend at least in hr in lines for rides such as ToT and Star Tours but now since things are winding down a bit MGM could be more of a half day park

I havent spent enough time at DAK to know if you can experience it all in one day but I would suppose so

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

AK.
    But it gives you time to go to DTD
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

DAK... because I have zero interest in the animals which leaves very little.

MGM/DHS... because the only things I enjoy there are GMR, TOT, RnRC and ST. After that I'm bored. I might tack on Fantasmic if I haven't been to DL lately.

Epcot... this one was borderline, I guess it just depends on the crowd I'm with. If I'm with my standard group though it is easily only a half day park. When I'm bringing someone new this is the one park where I'll visit much more than normal.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

My votes are based on my experience at WDW without my kids. If I would include the kids, I would have voted "None of the Above"

DAK: I have only ever spent half days at this park. Planning ahead of time on what you want to see helps greatly when it comes to saving your feet.

MK: This is only because there are so many rides that are the same, or almost the same, as rides at DL.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Disney Memory Maker

Let's see:
    MK - Not a chance in the world
    EP - Ditto
    DMGM - I can understand how some people can call this a half-day park, but I like IJ, SD, BatB, VotLM, F!, etc. So no, not for me.
    AK - I'm gonna say no. If your the type of person who likes to just do the major attractions and leave, then yeah.... but if you actually like to take it slow, go through all the "hidden" paths (kangaroo path, ToL exit path, etc), actually look at the animals in the walkthroughs and of course do all the attractions, then you can really spend a lot of time at the park. The only thing I think it needs to be deemed "universally" a full-day park would be a night-time spectacular.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

EPCOT

you can spend hours and hours and hours in MGM and AK
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast