• Where Schemes Come True!

I'm planning on going to WDW in March...

I'm planning on going to WDW for my honeymoon in March of 2006 and was going to ask for any suggestions. I'm a longtime DLR visitor (I'm originally from San Diego, CA) and I wanted to know what the rest of you thought.

• Self Congratulative

Re: I'm planning on going to WDW in March...

If you're planning on using the bus system whilst on the resort, DO NOT stay at the All-Star Resorts. They use one bus for all 3 and are by far the most crowded. An Alternative is the Pop Century. I had a great time there.

Most romantic resorts are the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and the Caribbean Beach island. The Polynesian is perfect for a nice luau and a full night of gettin' it on.

If you're into trains, my most romantic moment was on Tuesday, ride the last train of the night (absolutely NO ONE on board) and ask to be the "guest conductor." My significant other and I rode through the night on the back of the Roy. It was a great time.

Thank you for the information. I'm discussing a lot of these options with my parents because they've decided to pay for the honeymoon for us.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Your request is a bit too general for anyone to respond with any helpful information. It's kinda like saying "I'm going to listen to music - what should I listen to?" There are just too many answers to a wide question like that. If you have any specific questions, you might try posting them, either in this thread or starting new threads. You'll get much more feedback that way. Really, people are just itching to display their Disney knowledge to you - help 'em out a bit.

Well...I'm going to be going to WDW from March 19-25 and we're planning on staying at one of the moderate level hotels. I guess I should have been more specific and asked if one of the WDW gates seemed to be better than the others during that time of the year or certain days of the week. I tried to surf through "The DIG" for restaraunt information but didn't really find much...that's why I kept my questions a little open ended...
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• I love Florida - and lamp

Since you're staying on-property, check the Net for Extra Magic Hours during your stay. All the parks will be busy with spring breakers in March, so hitting the gates on their EMH days will be your best opportunity for some quick wait times.

Everyone has their favorite moderate resort... personally, if I were honeymooning, I'd go with either Port Orleans or Coronado Springs... both very pretty and peaceful. Coronado has a nice lounge with karaoke, which can be pretty entertaining (or dreadful, depending on your preferences).

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals, and best wishes!

Thank you...we had actually picked Coronado Springs when we were planning to pay for the honeymoon...my parents have since said that they will pay for the trip and now the plans are probably going to be changing. They're trying to get the best deal they can through Travelocity so things probably will differ slightly from what we originally planned...but it's not costing us much if anything so we can't complain...

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

If you're still sticking with a moderate, my fav is the Coronado Springs. The theming is excellent, and the property is beautiful, with all of the rooms surrounding the 15 acre Lago Dorado lagoon. The food court puts out a fine breakfast. This resort is billed as a convention property, but the convention facilities are on the opposite side of the central area, so they shouldn't impact on your visit too much.

If Mom & Dad have a healthy checkbook, the Animal Kingdom Lodge can't be beat for atmosphere. An incredible lobby, great views of exotic animals all around, and excellent restaurants. And even tho this is a deluxe resort, you can usually get a good deal on a room.

Depending on how long you're staying, you might want to investigate an annual pass for at least one of you. They run around $400 for the standard pass (admission to the main parks, but not the water parks or DisneyQuest), so you'd need about 7 days to break even on just park admission. But the real value comes in hotel costs. A $149 moderate room can go for around $115 with an AP discount. And there are also dining discounts as well. The savings can quickly pay for the ticket.

You'll also have a good incentive to make a return visit before the AP expires. I live in Dallas, and usually do 2 visits a year, of around 4 to 6 days. I plan things to get 3 visits out of one AP. This year I'll be getting a new one for my December visit, then I'll come back in April or May, and again in November of '06. My daily admission is down to around $20 to $30 a day - not bad!

Keep the questions coming!!!

The best, most romantic resort in the mod category is Port Orleans French Quarter. Although I love Coronado and the other mods as well, FQ just has a smipler, more tranquil, laidback vibe. The rooms were also recently renovated and are terrific.

If you're a DL regular, I would advise spending as little time in the MK as it pales in comparison to DL in every area except size (large walkways to move people), full serve dining options (Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch or dinner in Cindy's Castle are great!) and a few 'unique' attractions like CoP (if it's open), HoP, PhilharMagic and the old Country Bears. Don't go on Pirates or any of the Fantasyland darkrides unless you want to get homesick quickly.

I'd spend a lot of time at Epcot and DAK as well as visiting/dining/shopping at the other resorts, especially the WL, DAK Lodge, Boardwalk, Poly and GF.

• CSR Man!!

Our favorite is CSR. Check out my website below for pics, links and info.

• Diamond In The Rough

The best tip I can offer regarding WDW is not to underestimate the appeal of World Showcase at Epcot.
    Some great restaurants, great themeing etc make this an area I wish I'd allowed more time for each visit.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Well...I just found out last Friday that the trip has been booked. I'll be at the Pop Century Hotel from March 19-25th. The only bad part was that I didn't get the meal plan because my parents paid for the honeymoon and the meal plan isn't available when you go through Travelocity (well...we don't have to pay for the honeymoon so I can't complain much).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Try http://www.allearsnet.comfrom any info that you need. Great site, including pics of all hotels, and many menus from the restaurants!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

thanks for telling me about that site...it had the answers to all the questions I hadn't thought of first..