• Banned User

rumored epcot 25th merchandise

I have heard that besides the open edititon and limited edition pins, they are going to have several limitted edition t-shirts for sale beginning october 1. each shirt with have an edition size of 1982. Not sure if this is true or not but have read it on more than one site. These are in addition to the retro maps that are being given to those in attendance. I think the crowds are going to be the biggest crowds epcot has had in many years. I have to admit for something that wasn't going to happen at all, they are getting things together pretty quickly.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: rumored epcot 25th merchandise

I wouldn't personally expect the "biggest" crowds that Epcot has had. It's off-season, and I think somewhere over 1000 people have signed up for the 25th event. I don't think the average person cares so much, including locals - plus, many have to work, and kids are in school.

I expect the redediction will be busy, but not the park itself all day.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Five-Legged Goat

What would the crowd size be on an normal Monday in late September/early October (taking into consideration that the Food and Wine Festival is occurring)? Would most attractions be walk-on or have very short (15 minutes or less) standby lines? (What I mean is -- if October 1 were not a special occasion, what would crowds be like?)

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhio View Post
    What would the crowd size be on an normal Monday in late September/early October (taking into consideration that the Food and Wine Festival is occurring)? Would most attractions be walk-on or have very short (15 minutes or less) standby lines? (What I mean is -- if October 1 were not a special occasion, what would crowds be like?)
    October 1st should otherwise be a light day. The convention crowds haven't quite started at that time (the following week they will get heavy), and locals go to the Food and Wine Festival at night. It certainly shouldn't be anywhere near a VERY heavy day, like the holidays. But it will be busier than normal, with so many congregating for the 25th. But after that, I'd expect a lot of scattering.

I'd expect the evening to be busy, but also because of the Food and Wine Festival. Not necessarily a lot heavier due to the 25th. It's like when the HM reopened - it was busy, but not terrible. And that was a HUGE deal too.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

I think the evening will be busy esp as the info gets around to people about the special tag on Illuminations and I wouldn't be surprised if alot of cast members also show up that evening. I can't wait to see the fireworks esp if the rumor that they will fire off as many fireworks as the entire holiday tag in the finale of this show.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by photogbs View Post
    I think the evening will be busy esp as the info gets around to people about the special tag on Illuminations and I wouldn't be surprised if alot of cast members also show up that evening. I can't wait to see the fireworks esp if the rumor that they will fire off as many fireworks as the entire holiday tag in the finale of this show.
    I would agree with that. I don't know how many locals will show up due to the extra fireworks, and the Food and Wine Festival won't be nearly as busy as on the weekends. But it should be brisk in the evening, at least.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• We'll hold them at bay

I'm still surprised at the relatively low-key event
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Five-Legged Goat

I'm surprised at how relatively low-key the reaction on these boards has been to Epcot's 25th. I also post on another board, and it's been going wild with posts and news about all aspects of the celebration.

• Banned User

I'm surprised at how relatively low-key the reaction on these boards has been to Epcot's 25th. I also post on another board, and it's been going wild with posts and news about all aspects of the celebration.
    I know I post on other boards as well and they are full of people who are planning on cutting classes or taking the day off. also I started this thread to talk about the limited edition merchandise being offered but somehow the focus turned to whether the crowds are going to be big or not. Frankly the wand coming down got more attention on here than 25th.

• Five-Legged Goat

I'm excited about the special merchandise and definitely plan to get a t-shirt and some pins.

I have mixed feelings about the large crowds... while it's gratifying to see that so many Epcot fans will be there to mark the occasion, I'm also hoping there won't be an ugly scene at the pin counter...

• Happy Memories

I would imagine the lack of attention on MC towards the Epcot 25th is due to the fact that MC is much more DLcentric. Yes, there are plenty of Floridians here. Yes, there are fans of WDW from all over. However, since this anniversary plan is coming about somewhat last minute and still isn't anything worth planning a special trip around, I'd imagine that's why it's not getting as much attention on this board. Heck, I am close enough to drive over for the day's festivites, but even I don't find any of them exciting enough to warrant the trip when I'll be there later in the month anyway. If that's my mindset as a somewhat local, I don't blame our frinds in other parts of the country for not getting too hyped up.

The wand is something all fans had opinions on and could experience at different times. This is just some last minute effort on a single day that's barely enough to entice a local to visit. That's the big difference in my opinion.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I'm going to be there. But there aren't that many aspects to discuss. I haven't seen too many actual details on it, so there isn't much to say.

I am already here - but I'd not make a long distance trip for it either if I lived further away.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I'm going to be there. But there aren't that many aspects to discuss. I haven't seen too many actual details on it, so there isn't much to say. I'm not sure there is anything to go wild over per se, but it should be a nice morning. I would love to see them rededicate as Epcot Center. But the wand was the big deal.

I am already here - but I'd not make a long distance trip for it either if I lived further away.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.