Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party worth it?

I am 22 years old and will be traveling with my dad to WDW this December. Is the entertainment in MVMCP "quality" or is it just filler fluff for kids that won't know the difference? Are there any special decorations only visible during MVMCP? How are the lines on the rides?

• Banned User

Re: Is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party worth it?

There's the parade, the fireworks, the special shows and...FREE HOT CHOCOLATE AND COOKIES! The decor is the same as the regular hours, plus the new lighting ceremonies at Cinderella's Castle and because this is a hard ticket event, you can ride the rides all night long without worrying about lines.

• Banned User

personally I don't think it's worth the money. It used to be, but now they are pricing it way to high for what you get.

• The Darkness to Light

The fireworks at MK and Epcot around NYEve are worth the stay, but that's about it.

We've been thinking about doing that for a while now (spend Christmas and NYE at WDW), but when I look up information for my family, I find that there isn't much worth going there for. Again, the only real draw for us during the event is the fireworks.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have never been to the party, so I am looking forward to going to it for the first time. I will be there on December the 7th, and I will most likely, take a lot of photos.

• Can't get enough!

we went to this last year and really enjoyed it! i think i have said this before but it seems it "more magical" because there are less people, the free cookies, the decorations and parade are way better in the dark!! there is just the little extra something in the air! i would recommend it!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• and too all a good fright

--Scrooge Alert--

I don't think its worth it.

--The entertainment is ok, but IMHO can be a bit on the hokey side, even for Disney. Be prepared for a dose of syrupy sweetness.

--Crowds are light at the rides, but jam packed at the areas where holiday events are happening. Because crowds are pretty light in the park this time of year, the crowds at this event felt worse then they probably were.

--They were out of the Free Hot Choclate and Cookies within 10 minutes.

--The Decorations around the park are great, but can be just as easily enjoyed without the MVMCP.

-- The parade I saw at the event was very similar, if not the same, as one of the ones that ran during the day. This may have been because at the time of my visit they were taping the parade for th TV broadcast.

--There are a lot of holiday happenings going on this time of year. Holidays around the World (Epcot), Candelight Processional (Epcot), Jingle Jangle Parade (AK), Osborne Lights (Studios), Decorations and Characters dressed for the holiday (ALL), that I don't think you'll miss the christmas cheer by not attending.

--I had an ok time at the event, but for the cost, I wouldn't go again.

• Banned User

IMHO.. it's not worth it. They will play the same parade and the same Xmas shows later in december for regular day guests. The only novelty of the party is seeing snow over Main Street...but they do the same at MGM during the Osborne Lights for regular day guests. The free cookies and cocoa are not worth the price to the party, trust me on this. Plus, now they sell more tickets now to these parties, so they are more crowded than in previous years.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I dont think it is worth it. I have done it in the past, but its not worth close to $50 for cookies and pretend snow on my head. We are going in December and have opted not to go to MVMCP this year.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

If, and only if, you use it in lieu of a days park admission. You can get a pretty good day in if you get in before the announced party start time (I'm thinking we got in at 4pm?). I think it could work out well to use on an arrival or otherwise down day. I would not pay for it on top of a days admission.

• Attn. Space Travelers....

well....the choir is awesome...

OH...and i believe Gary Sinese will be there....'nuff said!!
    Blast Off Into Adventure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G126 View Post
    If, and only if, you use it in lieu of a days park admission. You can get a pretty good day in if you get in before the announced party start time (I'm thinking we got in at 4pm?). I think it could work out well to use on an arrival or otherwise down day. I would not pay for it on top of a days admission.
    The day that we are going to the party in the evening, we are doing a tour at Epcot in the morning. Neither require a park's admission. So, I indeed am not using a day on my park ticket that day. I am having Afternoon Tea, after my Epcot Tour, and before the Christmas Party. We plan on arriving early.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

OH COURSE NOT, that's why I go to the Halloween party every year instead of the christmas party... just kidding, both are worth it but I always choose the halloween party over the christmas party everyyear. can't do both every year.

Pay for at least one party night and experience it. Then you can be the next person to tell the next person who asks a similiar question to yours.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I believe an experience is what you make of it. I personally plan on having a great time.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The free cookies and cocoa are not worth the price to the party, trust me on this. Plus, now they sell more tickets now to these parties, so they are more crowded than in previous years.
    I agree. I mean, the cocoa and cookies aren't really free. There is no more photo. And the last time I went (year before last), the floats didn't look so fresh anymore - and some were missing on the night I was there. I was really disappointed the last time I went, and that was after many years of attending. If I want hot chocolate, I can bring a box of it with me to the hotel.

On the other hand, I think the Halloween party is worth every penny.

But YMMV.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast