Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Animal Kingdom Appreciation Thread

DAK, I think, is great, BAR DINOLAND USA, it's great. It may be a half-day park, it may have its flaws (DINOLAND USA, DINOLAND USA), but I think the theming is wonderfully immersive and lush. This is simply a DAK appreciation thread, to share what we love about DAK and what perhaps needs to be improved but not as in 'I hate it because'. I think it has great potential, much more theme park potential than the studios for a whole buncha reasons. (mouse)chat away

• Senior Minion

Re: Animal Kingdom Appreciation Thread

three cheers for the AK
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Even the worst part of Disney's Animal Kingdom, Chester & Hester's Dino Rama, is well done, right down to the fading lines of the parking spots.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is my favorite park at Walt Disney World. I fell in love with the place my very first visit.

• Pirate - G'har!

Haha, well Dinoland USA does have immaculate theming with a crap theme! I still think they should make it into a prehistoric paradise with a volcano and such. What they'd do about the Dinosaur attraction I don't know

• For You!

My family absolutely loved the Animal Kingdom - Everest and Finding Nemo the musical make it worth while - everything else is just icing. Oh, except Primevel Whirl - Ouchie!!!

I loved the trees, the theming, the fun storytellers we encountered, the music - just all of it.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

My favorite park, hands down! I can spend more than a half day. Love it, love it, love it. And...I love Primeval Whirl. One of my favorite rides. Can't wait to go back!
    I want my cake back!

• Stop That!

It's those monkeys! I can't help but stop to watch their capering!

• May the F=ma be with you

Even if I were to go to AK and not see a single attraction, I would still love the park. This is due to the fantastic themeing of everything. The Harambe Village is just amazing along with all of the other sections of the park.
    It's the themeing, animal life, and plant life that really attracts me to the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I love the Tree of Life, I could look at that all day. The tigers are my favorite attraction. It's such a feel good park that teaches lessons about the wild and the environment.

But Dinoramo and Chester and Hesters? I hate it. What were they thinking? Black asphalt in the hot Florida sun? I thought Walt was trying to get away with the carnival theme, and there it is, in a park with his name on it.
    Last edited by Nancywitt; 09-26-2007 at 03:10 AM.

I think the non-Chester part of Dinoland is great, as is the rest of the park! Still, it would be nice to see a few more major attractions 'round those parts.

• We'll hold them at bay

As a "zoo guy" myself, I love DAK. I would like to see a Beastly Kingdomme and/or a America, but hey. Its great. The zoological exhibits are top notch and on par with the best zoos
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
    I think the non-Chester part of Dinoland is great, as is the rest of the park! Still, it would be nice to see a few more major attractions 'round those parts.
    Yes, this is really important. Dinoland, USA is actually a very well thought out and impressively themed area. Dinorama on the other hand, is crap almost worthy of Six Flags.

What I think is so hilarious is that there are even many imagineers who hate that area. I've heard a top show producer say that this particular area is really some of the worst stuff to come out of imagineering in a long time.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Minion

My favorite park in Orlando......the only one in WDW without any "staleness"...and possibly the most beautiful theme park in the US. I just hope that in time another land gets added on the Beastlie Kingdomme plot and that Dinoland gets replaced with something less garish...then this park would be just about perfect...and hopefully both projects receive adequate funding so that they do not cheapen the otherwise awesome theming.
    Last edited by tasman; 09-25-2007 at 07:53 PM.

• Why can't you tune a fish

There is so much that is "hidden" in that park. You walk around a corner and all of a sudden "where did that come from?"

Dinland is good . I will even go out on a limb and say Dinosaur is OK, Chester and Hester needs to go, big time. I started going to WDW to get AWAY from the County Fairs, I don't need a perfect recreation of one.

Its not even the rides, or the themed lack of themeing that really bugs me. its the carney games.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

DAK is also my favorite park in Orlando. It is breathtakingly beautiful and so unique among the Disney parks. FotLK is a must-do for our family. Kilimanjaro Safaris and Everest are incredible attractions. And it's hard to beat sitting by the water while eating a delicious meal from Flame Tree BBQ. Mmmmm. DAK rules!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast