Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trip to Walt Disney World

Hello,

we are from Austria, Europe, and we plan a trip to Walt Disney World in January. What can you recommend concerning the parks, hotels and restaurants. We are vegetarians, so it would be great, if you can give us tips for restaurants where good vegetarian food is served.

We are so looking forward, we can't wait to get there. Untill now we have only been to the Disneyland Resort Paris and it was always a great time there.

Thank you very much for your help!!

• I was deleted.

Re: Trip to Walt Disney World

Awesome news! I'm sure you will have a great visit.

Regarding dining may I ask, are you staying on Disney Property and are you going purchase the Disney Dining plan?

If yes, I know that the Cast Members you speak with have great information regarding dining for vegetarians as well as other guests with special dining needs.

Quick-service dining locations often have various options that will work for you and your party. I am not a vegetarian myself, but I have good things from guests regarding the options at some quick-service locations.

I would also visit AllEars.net regarding special dietary needs: http://www.allears.net/din/special.htm

Good luck planning and feel free to ask more questions as you plan!

• Former CM

I have a son with food allergies (mainly dairy) and the chefs at WDW helped us out at every resturant we went to. Some chef's even told us what chefs were going to be where and to ask for them by name. Every chef came out and talked to my party about my son's needs and they would always make him his own special plate which was great. The chef's there were even able to tell us of some brands of food espically for our son so we would know what to look for at home. At the Crystal Palace was where my son had his first piece of cake (no eggs, dairy or wheat) and that will always be special for me on how much help they are.

Just remember to ask if you have questions and they will answer them for you.

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by erick13 View Post
    I have a son with food allergies (mainly dairy) and the chefs at WDW helped us out at every resturant we went to. Some chef's even told us what chefs were going to be where and to ask for them by name. Every chef came out and talked to my party about my son's needs and they would always make him his own special plate which was great. The chef's there were even able to tell us of some brands of food espically for our son so we would know what to look for at home. At the Crystal Palace was where my son had his first piece of cake (no eggs, dairy or wheat) and that will always be special for me on how much help they are.

Just remember to ask if you have questions and they will answer them for you.
    I will second this! I was just there last week and have food allergies as well. Not saying you have food allergies, but that they can help with requests for meals if you prefer to not have certain things in the food. They checked each ingriedient in every meal we had.

Per the parks: Definitly check out Mickey's Philharmagic and the Muppet 3-d movie. Almost everything there is fun, just depends on what you're into the most!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I was at WDW last year, they asked me about food allergies. I get headaches from garlic, so I mentioned it. They were very helpful to point out the items on each menu that didn't contain garlic. At some restaurants they simply left it out of their preparation. I was very happy about not worrying about hidden garlic.

We have heared about the Disney Dining Plan, but we don't know if we should take it. What are your experiences with the dining plan? I don't know if we can eat so much that it ist worth it.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    We have heared about the Disney Dining Plan, but we don't know if we should take it. What are your experiences with the dining plan? I don't know if we can eat so much that it ist worth it.
    I think this page sums up the dining plan pretty well (and even shows you where it can be used and how).

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/packages07a.htm

As far as hotels go, I highly recommend staying at a Disney hotel. If you got the money for it, go for a deluxe. The Grand Floridian is your classiest, most expensive type of Disney hotel. Although from my resort hopping, I would recommend the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge for its beautiful theming.

I would also try out the restaraunts at Animal Kingdom Lodge, because rarely are you gonna find a place in the states where you can actually sample African cuisine.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Staying at the Grand Floridian Hotel (it looks a little bit like the Disneyland Hotel in Paris) would be great, but we are students and can't afford to stay there. We are going to stay at one of the All Star Hotels or at the Pop Century. Which one of these hotels can you recommend.

Thank you for your informations concerning the Dining Plan. Has one of you used the plan before? How was your experience?
    We will not use it, because we think that we can't eat that much that the Plan is worth the money.

Are the parks very crowded during January? How is the weather at this time?
    We will stay for one week, so we have plenty of time for the themeparks and we are really looking forward to see Epcot and the Animal Kingdom.

• Former CM

Staying at the Grand Floridian Hotel (it looks a little bit like the Disneyland Hotel in Paris) would be great, but we are students and can't afford to stay there. We are going to stay at one of the All Star Hotels or at the Pop Century. Which one of these hotels can you recommend.

Thank you for your informations concerning the Dining Plan. Has one of you used the plan before? How was your experience?
    We will not use it, because we think that we can't eat that much that the Plan is worth the money.

Are the parks very crowded during January? How is the weather at this time?
    We will stay for one week, so we have plenty of time for the themeparks and we are really looking forward to see Epcot and the Animal Kingdom.
    I stayed at an All Star before and it was ok. I've heard that the Pop Century is better though. I did notice that Pop was getting it's own bus when the All Stars were sharing.

The dining plan can save you money if you are going to be eating at sit down meals every day. If you are just going to have counter service all the time then it's not for you. Last trip I took my wife and I spent $70o for the plan and would of spent $1200 if we would of paid out of pocket.

I don't doubt that the Dining Plan is a good deal. But we are wondering if we can eat so much food everyday - there are 3 courses alone at the table service restaurants!
    One day last year in Paris we had a meal from a counter service for lunch, and a snack later, and appetizer, entree and dessert at Walt's (table service) and it was way too much (made us feel sick!). So I'm not sure if we can do that everyday in Disneyworld :-)

by the way, I've forgotten something: We'll have our anniversary in january. Any recommendations for a restaurant to celebrate there? (Something that is not too expensive...)

Hello,

we are from Austria, Europe, and we plan a trip to Walt Disney World in January. What can you recommend concerning the parks, hotels and restaurants. We are vegetarians, so it would be great, if you can give us tips for restaurants where good vegetarian food is served.

We are so looking forward, we can't wait to get there. Untill now we have only been to the Disneyland Resort Paris and it was always a great time there.

Thank you very much for your help!!
    If you enjoyed DLP you will absolutely be knocked out by the Parks in Florida. There are always veggie options on the menus at all eating places so you should have no problem finding something to suit you. Have a great trip.

Do you have any informations about closed attractions (refurbishment,...) in January?

• Minion

Do you have any informations about closed attractions (refurbishment,...) in January?
    Right now, all I've been able to find is that Splash Mountain is scheduled to be closed through all of January. Snow White will be down starting January 28, and Blizzard Beach will be closed as well, but I have a feeling you weren't planning to go there any way.

What a bummer that Splash Mountain is closed, because in Paris there is no SM and I was really excited to ride it in Orlando. No we will not go to any Water Parks, we will just enjoy the theme parks.
    Thank you for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast