Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: I was first inside EPCOT Center!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Illuminations just ended and all I can say is OMFG! That was amazing! The tag could easily have passed as a stand alone show. I did not think anything could be so amazing that I would rank it higher than watching "Remember... Dreams Come True" on 17 July 2005 after seven years away. This showing of Illuminations is now my favorite single showing of a night show.
    Details? I am DYING to see the video on Youtube! How much retro music they use?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeph216 View Post
    lol i wanted to do that...i only got to 10 when i went there last
    You are a crazy one, I could barely ever finish one. I would have gladly taken 25 shots of Beverly today tho on EPCOT's birthday if I could have been there.

• Banned User

Illuminations just ended and all I can say is OMFG! That was amazing! The tag could easily have passed as a stand alone show. I did not think anything could be so amazing that I would rank it higher than watching "Remember... Dreams Come True" on 17 July 2005 after seven years away. This showing of Illuminations is now my favorite single showing of a night show.
    I am glad you enjoyed it. I actually expected more. This finale was not all that different than what they have done lately for New Year's even and the 4th of July. I have seen bigger tags over the lagoon...like the huge ones they used to do in the perimeter of the lagoon years ago, with a huge center (overwater) display.. But this was a pretty decent effort.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Details? I am DYING to see the video on Youtube! How much retro music they use?
    Lots of World of Motion, Horizons, Listen to the Land, Splashtacular, Energy (you make the World go around), and many other selections from years ago. It was FAB!

The fireworks tag itself had very heavy use of both versions of Tap, Nations made up a chunk of the middle of the show with Dreams being used as the finale. Oh and did I mention that is was totally amazing!!!!!

• I was deleted.

I know jimmybop took some video of the tag. He said he was about 5 people back though as it was quite busy. I'll let you know as soon as he gets it online unless he does.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I am reporting live from Innoventions Plaza.

As the title says, I was the first non-tour guest welcomed through the gates of EPCOT Center. My little brother and I were chosen as the pirates (yes, Jack is everywhere he should not be) who countdown the opening of the turn stiles.

More to come, and cell phone photos, later in the day!

Awesome LB...
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

I really do recommend the gallery exhibit to everybody who gets a chance to see it.

I tried to do something one of the podcast hosts (I think Nathan Rose) said he would do, drink 25 shots of Beverly. I quite after 11. More over the CO2 than taste.
    Were you the one that could finish at all. I think you might have been next to my brother. My brother said he lost since he was throwing his cups directly into the trash can while he was drinking them, plus he was doing sampling before the event. My brother one of the few people I know that actually likes Beverly.

I have a small photo album of the event at http://nightofjoy2000.tripod.com/epcot_25/

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    I know jimmybop took some video of the tag. He said he was about 5 people back though as it was quite busy. I'll let you know as soon as he gets it online unless he does.

I have a complete video of the tag section. It's not too bad a video either. Shot from the Italy area. When I get a chance I will try and make it available.

And while on the 25th topic .... I got to the Epcot around 7:00 PM and came in via the back way, so I did not see the limited editition 25the merchandize until I was leaving the park. Holy Mackerel excalimed I, as I read that they had a 25th anniversery watch, limited to 500 peices. I went in to MouseGear and over to the watch counter. Do you have any left, I asked. Yes we do, we are down to our last two - they are $125.

Joy joy joy

Then I saw the watch. What a peice of junk. I would have easily scooped up a watch for $125 or even more, it I was a nice watch. These looked like soemthign thrown together at the last minute, and felt like they were plastic. Disney continously disappoints me with their watches, like the guy in DownTown Disney who tried to sell me an EcoDrive watch when I asked him if he had any automatic watches in the case.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123