Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you walk from Port Orleans Riverside to Epcot?

It has been 13 years since I've been to Disney World and I've never stayed on Disney property in Florida. By the "pretty" illustrated maps, Port Orleans Riverside looks closer to Epcot than the Swan or Dolphin hotel, which I know are walkable to Epcot. So is it possible (and would it be easier) to just walk to Epcot from Port Orleans Riverside?

Side question: I have a reservation for the California Grill for dinner at 9:20pm. Can I arrive early to watch the fireworks from up there?

Thanks.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Re: Can you walk from Port Orleans Riverside to Epcot?

I believe that Port Orleans is across the highway from EPCOT.
    i dont believe that there is a sidewalk, besides, it's quite a walk to epcot even if there was one.

=]
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Sock Puppet

You can't walk to Epcot from the Port Orleans. Technically you can, but there aren’t any paved walkways to get there. You can, however, walk from the Swan & Dolphin. Driving or taking the bus is your only option

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by WDWizard View Post
    You can't walk to Epcot from the Port Orleans. Technically you can, but there arenít any paved walkways to get there. You can, however, walk from the Swan & Dolphin. Driving or taking the bus is your only option
    Exactly what this person said. I suggest you ride the bus. The buses come every 10-15 minutes to board and to let off people at the hotel. Be safe!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk, WDW Swan and Dolphin are all in walking distance from either MGM or Epcot.

In fact if you stay at Beach Club, you will literally be on EPCOT's back porch (meaning the alternate entrance to the park through International Gateway).

There are resort maps online that can show you where all the Disney hotels and parks are located throughout the entire resort. I think Port Orleans is considered to be in the Downtown Disney region which is nowhere near EPCOT.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

I've stayed at the P.O Riverside many times, and I can tell you walking to EPCOT is not an option. Toonaspie is correct, P.O Rivrside is technically considered a Downtown Disney Resort, there is a water taxi that takes you from P.O to Downtown Disney. The safest and quickest option is to take the WDW busses.
    Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 10-01-2007 at 02:58 PM.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I think Port Orleans is considered to be in the Downtown Disney region which is nowhere near EPCOT.
    Yep that's exactly right.

Sweet, a lot of quick and good responses from you guys. Much appreciated! See you at the bus stop.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Looking at the WDW map is fun. It looks like everything is pretty close together. However, WDW is a very large place. Once you learn how the bus system works, you won't have any trouble getting around. Besides, you need to save your walking for all the fun touring that you will be doing at the parks.

• Minion

You cannot walk to Epcot, but you can take the boats to Downtown Disney
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Pokkito View Post
    It has been 13 years since I've been to Disney World and I've never stayed on Disney property in Florida. By the "pretty" illustrated maps, Port Orleans Riverside looks closer to Epcot than the Swan or Dolphin hotel, which I know are walkable to Epcot. So is it possible (and would it be easier) to just walk to Epcot from Port Orleans Riverside?

Side question: I have a reservation for the California Grill for dinner at 9:20pm. Can I arrive early to watch the fireworks from up there?

Thanks.
    Sometimes the way the buses run at Port Orleans it would be quicker to walk but no sidewalk. You need to call the California Grill to see if they will let you up early because they stop you at the express elevator to the resturant.

• May the F=ma be with you

You can walk if you want. Be prepared to wander around for about 2 hours walking through forests and wading through bogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Isn't there an observation area on the 4th floor, which faces Magic Kingdom, where the fireworks can be viewed?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Isn't there an observation area on the 4th floor, which faces Magic Kingdom, where the fireworks can be viewed?
    Yes, there is a location for non-dining guests to view the fireworks.

But if you have dining reservations I would imagine you could check in early and then make your way to back of the restaurant and wait for the fireworks to begin. It's a great viewing location.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    You can walk if you want. Be prepared to wander around for about 2 hours walking through forests and wading through bogs...
    I think the locals have a name for people who try that.... Gator bait.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast