Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Found My Prince Charming

Can little boys have as much fun as little girls at MK?

I am finding all this princess stuff online for my 10 year old daughter but can't seem to find the equivalent for my 5 year old son. For instance, Cinderella's Royal table has a keepsake mug with the purchase of a smoothie but I can't seem to find anywhere in the park where my son can get a 'boy' mug to keep. I want this to be enjoyable for both my younger children (my teenagers don't care for those things).

We have planned this for just the right age for my 'little prince' and I want this to be a memory of 'the magic' for him too. Any suggestions on making this a day for little Princes too?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Can little boys have as much fun as little girls at MK?

I think that your 5 year old will have a great time. I first took my grandson to Disney World, and he loved meeting all the characters. I say, go with the flow. Buy him an autograph book. Get yourself a camera, in fact buy him his own disposable, and use it to take all his character photos with it. The parks are usually loaded with a lot of different characters to meet.

My grandson's first trip had a lot of special moments at Chef Mickey's with Goofy, Pluto, the chipmunks, Mickey, etc;.

As for keepsakes, I am sure during the course of your trip, he will come across something that he really wants. You can then left him have that, and it will make his trip special. For my grandson it was a Goofy Hat.

I wish you a magical trip, with lots of fun.

Does he specifically like prince stuff? Because if not there are tons and tons of keepsakes that boys and girls can love, including mugs. I got a huge Donald mug once. I also got an Indy aluminum coffee cup. There are more things there that boys and girls can love at DL than just princess stuff. You may have to look alot harder for prince stuff for boys. Aladdin's probably one of the easier ones to find. The last person had a good idea about the camera and autograph book. It's also fun getting kids their own lanyard and getting them into the pin trading thing. What are his absolute favorite characters? We could give you more specific suggestions.

Great ideas Thanks! He loves Buzz and Woody. We have the autograph book from when we went in 2001 (I was pregnant with him that trip) and have banded the autographs from then so we can add more. I also have 3 cameras that we are taking and the video camara. Last time my big kids took off and I didn't get any good shots of them and it shows in the scrapbook.

I read the thread on taking fun shots with the characters. I am also considering buying tickets to trick or treat with the younger ones.

• Too far from Disney World

There is a ton of Toy Story stuff. And Stitch and Pirates. There's all kinds of stuff for little boys as well as little girls. We noticed when we were there a few weeks ago that if something was offered (like a mug), they generally had something for both boys and girls. When we went to Sci-Fi Dine-In they offered two different light up mugs for kids. I don't think you'll have a problem at all! Have a great trip!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

It will be easy to find anything with Buzz or Woody on it. If MK is just like DL, they should each have their very own giftshop.

I know some people get very sentimental with the princess theme for girls, but when I was a little girl, even though I loved all the princess movies, my mom wouldn't have been able to get me into a princess dress if she paid me a dollar a minute. I just identified more with the adventure stuff. DL and MK have all kinds of magic, not just princess magic. Just being their experiencing it all with my family was more special than anything else.

Thanks for all the comments. It has been a long time since I have had a little boy to take and I can't wait. We are leaving on Wednesday!!

• Minion

ORDDU: As an official 'boy-scout', myself, I would LOVE it if they made more items for the male population to purchase at the Disney theme parks. For starters, I would love it if Animal Kingdom and Adventureland started selling Tarzan-type loin cloths. Can you imagine going to the parks with the men in your lives wearing one of those?!?! (I can.)

Loin cloths??!! There are some tourists I would rather not see in loin cloths hahaha

• Can't get enough!

since the pirates have taken over there is plenty for little boys.....and at whispering canyon cafe and they have keepsake cups with hook on one side and tink on the other and then the boys get a hook light and the girls get a tink one! these may be available at other restaurants too, not sure?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Briar Rose View Post
    Loin cloths??!! There are some tourists I would rather not see in loin cloths hahaha
    Some? I think you mean "most" as that would be the case at WDW.

I have one word to say...Pirates! It's everywhere.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by FLtoCali View Post
    I have one word to say...Pirates! It's everywhere.
    Yup even where its not supposed to be... like in mousegears at Epcot Center...

I think he will have a great time, if you want dinner Mugs most of the sit down places sell them including some of the resorts. Look at the menu's online and look for "in a souvenir mug/glass" in the description.

Plus there are still mickey mugs and other items with the Fab5, there's Indiana Jones merch at MGM as well as star wars and other stuff I'm sure he'll love. Figment and country specific items at Epcot Center. Stitch is well represented in TL, Jack Sparrow and crew at POTC you will find something. (Chances are it will be the same thing in every shop these days )

Also don't forget DTD the world of Disney store gives you a discount with the Disney Visa card PLUS when you ship it all home you save the sales tax as well (as long as you live outside of FL) so you can get it all home safely without the TSA blowing it up on the tarmac.

Five is a great time as he will be big enough to ride most of the rides yet the characters and all will still be "real" to him.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Some? I think you mean "most" as that would be the case at WDW.
    Well it's a good thing you're a WDW local and not a tourist then.

• lol what

Quote Originally Posted by Briar Rose View Post
    Prince clothes, Brer style clothes, spaceman clothes, those would fit in with a boy! Not sure what they do and don't got at WDW though. D:

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast