• Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!

Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney, is it worth seeing?

Hello everyone,
    I am going to WDW in December and am currently planning all the things i want to see and do and Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney was one of the shows i was thinking of going to see but i see that it is very expensive. I don't mind paying the money if it's worth seeing but i don't want to waste that amount of money if it's not that good.
    If any of you been to see it i would appreciate your views on it, is it overrated or does it live up to all the hype?.
    Also, i would be going with my parents who are in their 70's, would this show appeal to them?.
    I am also planning to go to one of the dinner shows, either Hoop De Doo Revue or Polynesian Spirit Of Aloha but can't decide which one, i would be grateful for any advice on this too, which one is the better show and has the best food?.
    Thanks in advance

Blog Entries

Re: Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney, is it worth seeing?

Personally I don't think it is worth what it costs to see it as its more expensive than a day in the parks. But if money isn't an issue for you then its definitely a great show. I just can't handle the cost of it right now. I'd go see Blue Man at Universal which is much cheaper before I'd see Cirque at Disney.

• Minion

Very good show but very pricey. There are three tiers of seating /pricing...the closest seats cost the most...but as I found out they are not the best for seeing everything (you have to arch your neck back a lot). If you do see it then IMO the middle tier is best.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I think it's worth every penny, though I prefer to get a discount (then again, I've seen it 4 times). I would rather do Cirque than an expensive dinner, the show is amazing.

Denise
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Any Cirque Du Soleil show is worth seeing. The performers do the most outrageous and daring things. I'm going to see Mystère this next weekend and can't wait! These shows are amazing and totally worth the money. I say go for it.

• Ok time for cocoa

Wife and I love the show, and have seen it every time we have been to WDW.
    I disagree about the seating and get the pricer ones. We saw it the first time in the middle row, it really made us want to get closer.
    Last edited by Ranger Rick; 10-08-2007 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    Wife and I love the show, and have seen it every time we have been to WDW.
    I disagree about the seating and get the pricer ones. Why saw it the first time in the middle row, it really made us want to get closer.
    Each area is different. I've been in 5 different places. The front rows weren't better, just a different vantage point. If you are in the 1st rows, you won't see what is going on up ahead as well without craning your neck. The further back you are, you won't see it as close - but it's easier to take it all in.

I have never had a bad seat, I like trying new ones out around the auditorium (which is not large, BTW).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

worth every penny. can't compare to blue man, it isn't apples to apples. Cirque is THE PREMIER group for what they do. it doesn't get any better than them. as far as price, it's like going to a big concert. here you have live music and amazing acrobats. it's also intellectually stimulating, one of those things where you can go many times and pick up new things and enjoy it just as much every time.

oh yeah, and the theatre is tiny. any tier 1 or tier 2 seat is going to be good. i had tier 2 both times.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I haven't seen this particular show, but have seen all of the traveling shows for the last 10 years or so. This one at WDW is my sister's all time favorite version. If you have never seen Cirque before, you are in for a great treat!
    A signature should go here.

• FuseMP

La Nouba is probably the best overall Cirque Du Soleil show I've seen. I've seen Mystere, Saltambanco, Quidam, Alegria and Drallion but La Nouba at WDW topped them all.

So yes, go and see it and get the best seats you can. It's pricey but the same as youd pay for Cirque anywhere else in the country or for theatre tix on broadway so its not over priced.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply's everyone, i decided to go with the majority of you and book to see the show.
    I managed to get tickets for the 6pm performance on 22nd December in Tier 1 section 102 Row B, seat 1, 2 & 3, i was told these are really good seats.
    I will let you know what i thought of the show when we get back, i'm looking forward to seeing it

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed-One View Post
    Thanks for your reply's everyone, i decided to go with the majority of you and book to see the show.
    I managed to get tickets for the 6pm performance on 22nd December in Tier 1 section 102 Row B, seat 1, 2 & 3, i was told these are really good seats.
    I will let you know what i thought of the show when we get back, i'm looking forward to seeing it
    That is great! The seats are around where I've been before, actually I was in 103. They are terrific seats, as all are (though you will have to look pretty sharply up to see anything going on overhead). But your view of the main stage is wonderful.

I actually would prefer to sit a bit farther back, just to get a good view of everything. But all seats are good!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Yes! It's worth it, and price wise, it's cheaper than the shows in Vegas... but same quality.