Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Re: Hey, Phil Holmes ...

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Better yet, why not do things the TDL way, where Halloween and Xmas events are done for REGULAR DAY GUESTS at REGULAR DAY PRICES... Now there is a novel approach to doing great business for your patrons..
    Can we put TDLFan in charge? Please?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ecdlanddude View Post
    Can we put TDLFan in charge? Please?
    Oh no, not me. Put OLC in charge.

• Sock Puppet

Oh no, not me. Put OLC in charge.
    Maybe they can pave over all of Epcot's gardens.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Now that was a cheap shot. OLC wouldn't so much do that as they would pave over DAK in its entirety.

...Paving over MGM/DS, on the other hand...

As far as MNSSHP goes, the fact they are showing the same parade and the same fireworks they did last year doesn't really mean they are getting better and better. The decorations are indeed an improvement from what I saw last year, but the fact they are just recycling last year's materials for their "big ticket" entertainment seems a little lazy. Can't they come up with something new? I mean, this is the reason why I, and several others apparently, don't watch or even attend the Christmas parade.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Better yet, why not do things the TDL way, where Halloween and Xmas events are done for REGULAR DAY GUESTS at REGULAR DAY PRICES... Now there is a novel approach to doing great business for your patrons..
    I wouldn't mind this, and they have moved some things in this direction (Hallowishes was performed for free last year) although they would have to change their offerings. Candy giveaways to a crowded park would be madness and mean less for everyone. Nixing them would probably be healthier for everyone, too. *shrug*

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Why not Mr. Pressler (aka Company netspy)? God knows the MK could definitely use a lot of repaving....I mean, have you seen the conditions of the walkways/Main Street at the MK lately? Over at EPCOT Center, they already bulldozed a classic attraction or two, not to mention EPCOT's original entrance garden to place a mausoleum there....so why not pave the gardens to accomodate America's ever expanding waist lines? Even with those minor infractions at TDL, you can still get a far superior Disney experience in that park as opposed to what I am getting in the USA/Paris ones... OLC suffers from imitating WDC too much in some areas, and sadly, the American still have some influence over them.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 10-10-2007 at 09:00 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    I Candy giveaways to a crowded park would be madness and mean less for everyone. Nixing them would probably be healthier for everyone, too. *shrug*
    At TDL, during the heavily crowded days of Halloween, CMs in halloween outfits pass out candy... the catch is, guests have to say "Trick or Treat" to get some... and you only get one candy. Concidering the huge corwds, guests behave accordingly and never have I seen a CM over run by frantic guests over candy. Now, if you are impplying that American behaviors do not allow for that type of experience to be enjoyed at the parks during regular hours... well, youo may be right but we won't know because Disney does not care to give anything away for free, except those sticky character stickers that end up stuck on the floors and on some attractions' sets/queues.

• Why can't you tune a fish

At TDL, during the heavily crowded days of Halloween, CMs in halloween outfits pass out candy... the catch is, guests have to say "Trick or Treat" to get some... and you only get one candy. Concidering the huge corwds, guests behave accordingly and never have I seen a CM over run by frantic guests over candy. Now, if you are impplying that American behaviors do not allow for that type of experience to be enjoyed at the parks during regular hours... well, youo may be right but we won't know because Disney does not care to give anything away for free, except those sticky character stickers that end up stuck on the floors and on some attractions' sets/queues.

That would make a HUGE difference, but it would also not go over too well. I would much rather see each CM give out one DECENT candy than be handed a handfull of crap. But there is the more more more mentality where people feel the need to collect 30 lbs of candy.

If people looked at it as "I could get a nice treat or two" insead of "I am going to collect a bagfull of stuff I will never eat" the concept would work in WDW. But I don't think that is how most people look at it, and so I doubt it would work.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    That would make a HUGE difference, but it would also not go over too well. I would much rather see each CM give out one DECENT candy than be handed a handfull of crap. But there is the more more more mentality where people feel the need to collect 30 lbs of candy.

If people looked at it as "I could get a nice treat or two" insead of "I am going to collect a bagfull of stuff I will never eat" the concept would work in WDW. But I don't think that is how most people look at it, and so I doubt it would work.

-dave
    I think it could work, if each time you were on an attraction, you'd get a piece or two of good candy. That isn't a bad idea. But bagfulls is fun too.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

I would give up the free candy if we could have the entertainment. give us the parade, hallowishes and a couple of fun halloweeny stage shows as well as characters " dressed" in halloween costumes and the cool decorations. all that included in the admission would be excellent!!!! if you are going to have trick or treating do that at the resorts for the guests like they have had easter egg hunts at easter. and also bring back the easter parade. I miss it.

• Super Old Guy

Sigh.... My friend, WDW1974 - sometimes I simply don't understand you. While it seems that your likes and dislikes in your OP were all valid, I don't understand why you would couch them in such a condescending format that the person that it was directed to would have no choice but to completely discount the entire post. You've said many times that Disney execs do indeed read these boards. Seems like you had a chance to address the good and the bad in a positive way. Instead you merely insulted the execs, and guaranteed that your thoughts wound up in the trash. I just don't understand . . .

Danny, in all seriousness, I am not worried one bit about my message being lost.

And if I really wanted to be condescending to the man, I could have put in personal information that would have made him look ... well, like the man he is.

This is one guy I KNOW FOR A FACT reads what I write, so I'm not all that concerned he won't take my thoughts seriously. Hell, this is a guy that planted a story in the Orlando Sentinel to make himself look good when I said he should do so here!

The bottom line is I speak the truth. You know it ... and he does.

And with the changing tide in Glendale and Burbank, his run the MK as lean-and-mean-and-unclean philosophy will either change or he'll wind up 'leaving the company for an opportunity I simply couldn't pass up.'

There are also folks inside Disney who covet his position, so he really needs to start paying attention to quality or he'll find himself on the outside looking in.

Rest assured, he's gotten the message ... just like he has in the past.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    There are also folks inside Disney who covet his position, so he really needs to start paying attention to quality or he'll find himself on the outside looking in.
    Gee... I wonder who else would want to run the MK?

It's such a peachy keen position in the WDW executive lineup. N'est pas?

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Oh, Blue Sky, I love it when you speak French.

• Banned User

I think Phil Holmes should get in touch with Matt Ouimet, John Lasseter, and Jim Macphee for advice on how to properly run the magic kingdom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast