Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Hey, Phil Holmes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I think Phil Holmes should get in touch with Matt Ouimet, John Lasseter, and Jim Macphee for advice on how to properly run the magic kingdom.
    John Lasseter, yes. But I'm not sure about the other two. How about adding OLC into the mix?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Oh, Blue Sky, I love it when you speak French.
    Except it wasn't quite correct.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Except it wasn't quite correct.
    Yes, I know. It probably should have been "n'est-ce pas" instead.

Eh what do I know. I took German in school, not French.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Danny, in all seriousness, I am not worried one bit about my message being lost.

And if I really wanted to be condescending to the man, I could have put in personal information that would have made him look ... well, like the man he is.

This is one guy I KNOW FOR A FACT reads what I write, so I'm not all that concerned he won't take my thoughts seriously. Hell, this is a guy that planted a story in the Orlando Sentinel to make himself look good when I said he should do so here!

The bottom line is I speak the truth. You know it ... and he does.

And with the changing tide in Glendale and Burbank, his run the MK as lean-and-mean-and-unclean philosophy will either change or he'll wind up 'leaving the company for an opportunity I simply couldn't pass up.'

There are also folks inside Disney who covet his position, so he really needs to start paying attention to quality or he'll find himself on the outside looking in.

Rest assured, he's gotten the message ... just like he has in the past.
    Hey WDW1974
    the best part I liked about the Orlando Sentinel article was his greedy answer to this question from the reporter. The question was concerning when the MK was crowded and guests complained about the long waits for most of the rides which made it difficult to see all the rides in one day. His answer was they need to buy park hopper tickets and come back more than one day to plan for the crowds. Pretty sad when tickets are the price they are especially the $71 one day ticket.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    John Lasseter, yes. But I'm not sure about the other two. How about adding OLC into the mix?
    Why, so they can tell him to have more throwaway shows and more large oceans of concrete? I wouldn't mind them running the dining, but the park? No thanks.

OLC's motto is basically that there's nothing you can't accomplish by throwing more money at it. And while that works, I don't think Phil Holmes controls the pursestrings as much as Rasulo does.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Why, so they can tell him to have more throwaway shows and more large oceans of concrete? I wouldn't mind them running the dining, but the park? No thanks.
    Well, I guess we can kiss the idea of having flame throwers on MK's castle good-bye forever now. As well as the chance to retrofit one of the Epcot boats with water cannons to help cool off park guests during the summer, or the much-wanted Haunted Mansion Holiday.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Well, I guess we can kiss the idea of having flame throwers on MK's castle good-bye forever now. As well as the chance to retrofit one of the Epcot boats with water cannons to help cool off park guests during the summer
    Well, I won't miss the first and I can't help but think not having the second is a good thing. I've never been hit with one of those water cannons but every time I hear about them I think of some guest who didn't want to get drenched getting hit with one.

Why gush water all over the main thoroughfare of world showcase when you could use blowing mist or something instead? Then the liquid would be in places where you have to deliberately want a cooldown to get one. The water cannons look about as much fun as standing in front of one of the water shooting spigots at the service stops that line Florida's freeways.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    The water cannons look about as much fun as standing in front of one of the water shooting spigots at the service stops that line Florida's freeways.
    The Leaky Tikis are pretty much the same thing, if you ask me.

Besides, they dont' actually aim those cannons at people. It's more like aiming for the area above their general location to cause a showering, which is about two levels up from a misting and less damaging than a full on water bomb from above.

• May the F=ma be with you

The Leaky Tikis are pretty much the same thing, if you ask me.

Besides, they dont' actually aim those cannons at people. It's more like aiming for the area above their general location to cause a showering, which is about two levels up from a misting and less damaging than a full on water bomb from above.

But you will always have someone who will complain that their $2,000 purse was damaged due to the moisture...

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• The Darkness to Light

Well, I guess common sense really doesn't exisit any more.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Why not Mr. Pressler (aka Company netspy)?
    Company netspy? All I've done so far on this board is bash DCA and many of the additions to Disneyland over the past few years.

You took my joke far too seriously.

• Banned User

And with the changing tide in Glendale and Burbank, his run the MK as lean-and-mean-and-unclean philosophy will either change or he'll wind up 'leaving the company for an opportunity I simply couldn't pass up.'

There are also folks inside Disney who covet his position, so he really needs to start paying attention to quality or he'll find himself on the outside looking in.

Rest assured, he's gotten the message ... just like he has in the past.
    So either way we are gonna start seeing an improved magic kingdom in the future right...RIGHT??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123