Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to DDP?

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

Changes to DDP?

Read somewhere there were changews coming to DDP? does anyone know what they are and when they are being implemented?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Changes to DDP?

No appetizer or tip in 2008.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• I was deleted.

Also, some locations will be removed from the list of dining options as well.

• Little Miss Sunshine

It took a while for some restaurants to sign on for 2007 (the non Disney owned ones, which includes a few WS restaurants). I haven't heard of any specifically not signing on for 2008?
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Too far from Disney World

I heard there's going to be two levels to pick from now as well?
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticDuck View Post
    I heard there's going to be two levels to pick from now as well?
    Yes - there are two. The regular dining plan and the deluxe dining plan. I already can't eat all that is on the regular!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Me either! We were shocked by the amount of food and took our desserts to go a few times.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Me either! We were shocked by the amount of food and took our desserts to go a few times.
    I ended up sometimes not using the counter service, and just getting a cheap kids meal (which I would do anyway) at the Pop. I mean, how much food can I eat?

I wouldn't myself pay for the DP, I ended up with 17 food credits (11 counter service, 6 table service) and then 7 snacks. All of it came home with me in to-go food. And I didn't even take everything I was supposed to with those. No sides on many meals, etc.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Disneyholic

I miss the one they had about 10 years ago where you basically could eat what you wanted at any restaurant on the property, there was no 1 TS, 1 CS, 1 Snack limit and that flexibility made it much easier for everyone. The current plan seems to put more of a strain on the table service restaurants as they cannot turn around as many meals as the counter service restaurants, which means you didn't have to make reservations 3-6 months in advance to be able to use it!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    No appetizer or tip in 2008.
    The appetizer part..eh ok...but the no tip part kinda sucks...the DDP is supposed to make it like a no brainer to dine there now you have to figure out a tip...where as now you'd leave it as is and if you got excellent service leave a few extra bucks maybe

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy215 View Post
    The appetizer part..eh ok...but the no tip part kinda sucks...the DDP is supposed to make it like a no brainer to dine there now you have to figure out a tip...where as now you'd leave it as is and if you got excellent service leave a few extra bucks maybe
    And it's now a lot more expensive due to that as well. The nice part was that it was all inclusive. I'd rather have them include either an appetizer and dessert, as well as the tip (even if the plan cost more).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Minion

Same here! Last year, we unfortunately had to throw away a LOT of good desserts, which was a real shame. Lesson learned: This year we'll turn down the free desserts rather than trying to save them all and have to toss them later.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    Same here! Last year, we unfortunately had to throw away a LOT of good desserts, which was a real shame. Lesson learned: This year we'll turn down the free desserts rather than trying to save them all and have to toss them later.

What would make sense to me - and maybe just me, is using "tickets"

They could add them onto your MYW ticket. You could buy in blocks of 5 for example. Buy 5 dinners for, lets say $125, five counter services for $40, or buy five snacks for $12. Or whatever the pricing works out to.

Have them added to your MYW ticket, and if you want, pay an extra charge to make them non-expiring.

That way a family could budget by buying their meals ahead of time. Maybe they are not big sit down dinner people, so they buy 10 QSFB meals each, and 5 snacks each. Maybe you are like me, and rarely get a snack, but prefer to eat a sit down dinner each day, then you just get the 5 dinner plan.

It fits the guests needs, nobody feels "forced" to use credits they would otherwise loose, or look for sit down places because to use a sit down credit on a QSFB meal is a "waste". It would also allow people to budget ahead of time, and if priced correctly still receive a discount for buying meals ahead and in "bulk".

Disney could also do less costly marketing. Instead of "free meal plan September" they could just say for every 5 days you stay, or portion thereof, you get 5 QSFB credits - make it the Year of a Million Lunches.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

What we wound up doing is using most of our snack credits in our resort store and bringing home little candy tins and other things we could save as souveniers. The snacks were the only thing we really had a problem finding a place we could use the credits at.

Here is the evil lowdown that is coming to the DDP
    They are taking away he tip. Now the wait staff will have to remind the guests tips are not included. I guess Disney wants the 18% for themselves.

They are dropping the appetizer, for some it was too much food anyway.

The snack part will have less choices. Disney hated all the candy they were giving away.

Two levels on the plan. New plan will cost $69.99 and include two table service a day. Too much food for alot of people.

Here is the worse part about the whole plan. The only resturants that I know of that use two table service coupons are at the Castle, Grand Floridian, Contemporary and room service. All the vendors get ripped off on the price per coupon that Disney contracted with them.

Bottom line Disney messes up another program that they say is great for the guests.
    The only problem is once Disney sees that it is hurting the bottom line they change it for their benefit. I would love to see a major reduction of people getting the DDP but we know that will not happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast