Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 394 miles from D-land

Question Photo Request.....

Hi Everybody,

12 years ago, as a wedding gift, my wife bought one of the bricks from "Disney's Walk Around the World". We had always thought we would have made it to DisneyWorld by now to see it, but we haven't quite made it. I was wondering if anybody out there could snap a picture of it and send it to us? It would be great to see where in the World it is!
    Here is the information about it:

Aleta and Robert Cook
    San Mateo, CA
    C06931

My email is:
    [email protected]

Thanks in advance, it would be neat to see it.

Robert

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Photo Request.....

Do you know where the brick is located? They're located at the TTC and in front of the MK. Mine is at the TTC by the flagpoles, but I forget which one and I haven't been able to find it my last 3 trips.

• 394 miles from D-land

Unfortunately, there wasn't any other documentation except for the certificate that I have framed on the wall. It only has the ID number listed on it. It was purchased in 1995, I don't know if that makes a difference.
    Thanks!
    Robert

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by rgcook View Post
    Unfortunately, there wasn't any other documentation except for the certificate that I have framed on the wall. It only has the ID number listed on it. It was purchased in 1995, I don't know if that makes a difference.
    Thanks!
    Robert
    Usually there is a number or some sort of location attacted to it. I know yoyoflamingo has a brick from WDW and I've seen his framed certificate. On the top of it there is some number/letter combination that helps you to locate it. If you could look it over or send me a PM with a copy of that certificate I'd be happy to help locate it.

• 394 miles from D-land

Thanks for the reply. I looked at it again and the only number is C06931. I can scan and send the certificate if it helps. Thanks again for your assistance!
    Robert

• I was deleted.

Thanks for the reply. I looked at it again and the only number is C06931. I can scan and send the certificate if it helps. Thanks again for your assistance!
    Robert
    Nah, that's the number.. I think. I don't have a brick at WDW (just Leave a Legacy - see my avatar? and at Disneyland) so I know there is some sort of number marking. Along with your certificate did they give you any specification as to where in the walk it is located? - Magic Kingdom, near Contemp, TTC, near Poly, etc.

• Yes?

I did some looking on the internet and found that by your number starting with C that your brick is on the Contemporary path. So at least we are narrowing it down at this point. I'm sure some of us that go on a regular basis or will be going soon will try to see if we can find out anymore info on where it may be on that path.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• 394 miles from D-land

Talking Re: Photo Request.....

Thanks for your replies. We're getting closer.... It's kinda like a treasure hunt. Just wish I could play!
    Robert

• Geoff London

Robert
    That is definitely the number. The letter indicates the location area. C is most likely to be the Contemporary Hotel and the paths leading to it. So your tile location is Area C06 , Tile # 931.
    Ours is H04985 (right outside the Lost property office at TTC so not quite sure what the "H" stands for.). We are there from 25th October and if we get the chance I'll take photo and send to you - that's a promise. I've printed off your details so to be sure we get the right tile.

Here's ours:

You might like to read this. PLEASE NOTE TILES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=2&gl=uk
    Last edited by geoffa; 10-15-2007 at 01:04 AM.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Little Miss Sunshine

If Geoffa doesn't find it, I can look too (since I'm over that way pretty often).

A limited number of bricks were sold this year, I wish they would do that again!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My aunt & uncle have a brick in the walkway between MK & the Contemporary. I remember finding it once but haven't since. I'm going to try to find my brick again in a few weeks. People probably think I'm nuts looking at the ground as intently as I do when I try to find the damn thing. I know it's by the flagpoles at the TTC.... GAH!!!

• Geoff London

A couple of pictures from Google earth showing where the tiles are. The first is our location:

And the other shows the area Robert's tile will be in:
    Last edited by geoffa; 10-16-2007 at 05:45 AM.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• 394 miles from D-land

Thanks again everybody- we're so close- I never knew "Where in the World" the brick was placed. It's really neat to actually see the area where it should be located. Feels like there should be a prize or something for finding it! But then again, just being at WDW is already a great reward!
    Thanks again to those of you on the "quest"!
    Robert

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I did some search
    I know that some have post tih information

These bricks in front of the Magic Kingdom, along the paths to the Ticket and Transportation Center and to the Contemporary, were sold to folks wishing to commemorate their visits to Walt Disney World.

They have a serial number such as W00-250 or E00-250. The letter determines which *path* it is on, currently there are 3 different paths: (W)est, (E)ast, and (C)ontemporary. The numbers attatched to the letter give the *general* area on the path. The last three digits (those after the hyphen) are just unique numbers.
    The bricks are not necessarily placed in numeric order. In most cases the bricks are placed so that the *W00-2xx* series are located near each other. Therefore the first 4 digits can give a very specific area of where the brick is located, within the last 2 digits, the bricks are scrambled. The above two numbers belong to Michael Eisner & his wife and Roy Disney & his wife.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Yes?

I found it! I have forwarded pictures to the email address you listed in the first post. It is about halfway down the walkway between the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited by EvilQueenRocks; 10-25-2007 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast