Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What should be the Animal Kingdoms next E-Ticket attraction?

After Expedition Everest is built what should be put into the Animal Kingdom?
    The kingdom definitely needs a thrill attraction.

• Riding Big Thunder

Re: What should be the Animal Kingdoms next E-Ticket attraction?

I would like to see a version of DLR's and TDL's Indiana Jones attraction put into Asia or Africa. Would fit in there much betta than over at MGM!
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

• Where Schemes Come True!

Indy doesn't sound like a bad idea for DAK...I just can't think of anything better off the top of my head...
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by riding_big_thunder
    I would like to see a version of DLR's and TDL's Indiana Jones attraction put into Asia or Africa. Would fit in there much betta than over at MGM!
    I would like them to continue with original goals and have mythical attractions. There doesn't have to necessarily be a whole land (like Beastlie Kingdomme), but perhaps attractions on different mythological creatures in each of the current lands. In asia, they already are building the yeti. I'm sure Africa has it's mythological creatures. Perhaps they can get move FotLK to Conservation Station and demolish Camp Minnie Mickey. There, I hope they put in Narnia attractions. Of course, there is the old rumor that Disney has HP rights, and on the offchance they actually do, they can put attractions on that in the Narnia section.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Of course, there is the old rumor that Disney has HP rights, and on the offchance they actually do, they can put attractions on that in the Narnia section.

-Michael
    HP?

• Disney Memory Maker

Harry Potter
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• The Candidate

Thanks.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Of course, there is the old rumor that Disney has HP rights, and on the offchance they actually do, they can put attractions on that in the Narnia section.
    I think that is just to play the films on ABC/ABC family/The Disney Channel. Because if they had rights to those characters, especially for merchandise it would be all of The Disney Stores and other locations-- that we WOULD know! It would also be something Eisner would be jumping on at every chance. But obviously, not now.

Indy would be fun.. but I think AK getting one E-ticket for now is good. Maybe add a new one at MGM next. I like that idea more. AK is only a 9-5ish park so why not add something in a location where it can be experienced more?

• Banned User

Now this is where a problem lies.. Dinosour uses the same ride system as Indy.. and they ararly. (spinners excluded..) built another version of a ride system currently installed... thats quite expensive.. given dino follows the same track route and everything.. I would enjoy something origial... but it is hard to come up with an idea.. maby an omni movie ride or something... (or austrailia... LOL)

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I would enjoy something origial... but it is hard to come up with an idea.. maby an omni movie ride or something... (or austrailia... LOL)
    Yes, Dino having the same track is a minor setback to say the least. And now a new idea being that hard, no.. not really. How else was Disneyland created? It's just pitching the idea and a strong enough idea to a person/sponsor that can finance it and prove to be popular and enjoyable for the guests.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Yes, Dino having the same track is a minor setback to say the least. And now a new idea being that hard, no.. not really. How else was Disneyland created? It's just pitching the idea and a strong enough idea to a person/sponsor that can finance it and prove to be popular and enjoyable for the guests.
    Yes but remember.. AK opened without asia due to it being behind scedual.. and it then needed more rides for kids... they run on strict budget... without sponsor which is hard to come by in this curent state of economy these rides get harder to build.. unlike DL where they dont care about cost... and build it!

• I was deleted.

Yes but remember.. AK opened without asia due to it being behind scedual.. and it then needed more rides for kids... they run on strict budget... without sponsor which is hard to come by in this curent state of economy these rides get harder to build.. unlike DL where they dont care about cost... and build it!
    No, Disneyland DOES care about cost too. Remember Pressler (ie Rocket Rods at half of budget just because) and Harris? Um, yeah! Anyway... I don't know the details of AK's original opening but that sounds like what they did with DCA and maybe that's why I never spent much time there. Or maybe a majority of the funding went towards the animals? That is what happened when Disneyland first opened. The difference is that Walt would open his own pocketbook to make things happen (animals, Tiki Room, etc.) until someone else would help. There is no one to do that now.

• Disney Memory Maker

Dinosour uses the same ride system as Indy.. ......... maybe an omni movie ride or something...
    I'm just curious, you say Dinosaur's not that original because it uses the same ride system as Indiana Jones, but you want theme to build an Omnimover ride (which is used in many other rides)?

I think that is just to play the films on ABC/ABC family/The Disney Channel.
    The old rumor was that Disney got the Theme Park rights. At a Universal Studios press conference, someone asked whether Universal got the HP rights, and the guy on stage said something like "No, Disney beat us too it." Disney never confirmed or denied anything, so although not likely, they could have the rights (since no other theme parks claimed it, and we know someone has it)

• The Candidate

Maybe they just want to wait until after all the movies are out before they do anything with the rights. Why promote another company's franchise?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    Maybe they just want to wait until after all the movies are out before they do anything with the rights. Why promote another company's franchise?
    That definately could be one of the reasons. Also, they might be waiting until after HCoE is over with before they announce something. Then again, maybe they don't even have the rights.

-Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast