Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Money better spent at WDW than DCA.

Personaly, I think that the one billion dollars should have want to the Walt Disney World Resort instead of DCA. all of the parks need some new TLC and attractions. I don't like it that John is playing favorite with the parks. The budget should go all over, not just CA. How many of you agree?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Money better spent at WDW than DCA.

Currently the DLR as a vacation destination could be done in its entirety in about 3, maybe 4 days.

An article in today's Los Angeles Times states that WDW currently makes up for 80% of the money brought in The Walt Disney Company's Amusement Park division. By increasing the DCA experience hopefully people will spend more time in DCA which they are hoping will relate to more time spent and therefore more money at the DLR.

This is all done so that even more money can be brought into TWDC. Plus DCA needs a lot of TLC -- it isn't that great of a park as it currently is.

• Minion

Ok let me get this right, over the last 20 yrs you've gotten 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, dozens of hotels, etc

California has gotten DCA.

and you are griping on equal spending ? LOL
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Looks like DCA will be comparable to the other 3 parks in WDW when the money is spent. My vote goes to being happy where the money is. WDW will get their share eventually. Hopefully sooner than later, but DCA needs it much more right now.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

I personally have no opinion on this since I know OLC will spend the most on their resort, and that's where I get the value in terms of quality.

• Minion

Even though I think DCA definitely needs this money (especially since it eclipses the amount the park originally cost) I do agree about John playing favorites. I understand DL has a special place in his heart especially since he used to be a CM but a little love for WDW would be quite welcome.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

While not nearly as quick and drastic, I think the mumblings of those "in the know" is that good things are on the way for Walt Disney World. The problems at Disney's California Adventure just seem to outweigh those of Walt Disney World.

• Minion

WDW hasn't had any problems with attendance even as standards have gone downhill so there has not been sufficient financial incentive to stimulate serious improvement...and there has not been any advocate for the East Coast the way Lasseter, Baxter etc. have been for the West. Even the "half day" parks AK and D-MGM pull in more people than DCA has been doing. The fact is most most tourists to WDW still feel they are getting their money's worth and as they are not locals may not remember how things were say back in the 1980s, nor are they aware of how good the original Disneyland or Tokyo parks are. All that having been said, Epcot in particular has benefited from some TLC these past two years, with positive results. Hopefully more of the same can happen at MK and D-MGM.

• TheDisneyMagic

Surely this money is not being taken away from WDW, it is a seperate budget from the WDC. WDW is given its own budget and probably makes enough money to pay for its self.

• Drunk On Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Currently the DLR as a vacation destination could be done in its entirety in about 3, maybe 4 days.
    3-4 days???? that would be torture to me! I'd say 5-6 at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    Ok let me get this right, over the last 20 yrs you've gotten 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, dozens of hotels, etc

California has gotten DCA.

and you are griping on equal spending ? LOL
    HAHA LOL Agreed!

• Art isn't easy.

Question Re: Money better spent at WDW than DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsplash View Post
    3-4 days???? that would be torture to me! I'd say 5-6 at the least.
    FIVE TO SIX DAYS? What are you doing out there, cartography?
    - Bill

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Well, if any of you ever come out to California meet me and we will do the DLR together. I have been going my entire almost 39 years life. I will show you that the entire resort can all be done in a single day!

It seems to me that they use DLR as a test ground to see if new concepts and technologies work, hopefully WDW will reap the rewards. I can see Car's Land coming to the Pixar section of the studio after DCA get it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    It seems to me that they use DLR as a test ground to see if new concepts and technologies work, hopefully WDW will reap the rewards. I can see Car's Land coming to the Pixar section of the studio after DCA get it.
    I've heard talk that Cars Land is a DCA exclusive. It's a very expensive attraction to clone.

But to answer the original poster, WDW definitely does need more money and attention, but like someone else said, WDW isn't hurting for visitors. Disneyland is attracting record attendance, but DCA hasn't come close to what they should be generating. And that's something they want to fix now before spending more on additions that might get in the way of the redo.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    While not nearly as quick and drastic, I think the mumblings of those "in the know" is that good things are on the way for Walt Disney World. The problems at Disney's California Adventure just seem to outweigh those of Walt Disney World.
    Well.. I think the weight problems of guests at WDW outweights the ones visiting DLR. So there.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast