Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Mikey, I have seen the Xmas lights on the Castle already, and they are not present on that picture.
    And I never said they were, did I?

What I did say was "The criss cross has been there since YoaMD started, but the zigzags didn't go up until the Christmas lights went up." (Which okay, the zigzags technically went up first, but the timeframe was more or less the same). And the only other thing I did in this thread was quote your post to ease confusion.

Remember... I go to the MK several times monthly, unlike you.
    Well la-de-****ing-da.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Mikey.. may I remind you.. you are part of the Micechat staff (based on your title below you name) and it does not bode well for you to hide objectionable language behind symbols...I mean.. should you not be setting an example here? Not only I believe you broke a MC posting rule, but also made you look like a child who hates to loose. Tisk, tisk.

BTW.. I love it when you backpedal on your posts.

BTW.. I love it when you backpedal on your posts.

lol I am not the only one to see that then

That is a gorgeous pic of TDL's Castle. Having seen MK's castle about a month before heading to TDL again really left a lasting impression when I saw Tokyo's castle. It's so gorgeous!

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

UGH. The new paint job is gross. The "tiles" don't even bother me as much as the weird body color of the castle does. It's...grey, pink, beige, and horrible. Why change an icon? Did some silly imagineer not write down the paint colors?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by MadameGracey73 View Post
    UGH. The new paint job is gross. The "tiles" don't even bother me as much as the weird body color of the castle does. It's...grey, pink, beige, and horrible. Why change an icon? Did some silly imagineer not write down the paint colors?
    1) Those colors look much better in person. For some reason, all current photos don't capture the marble-y color of it (and that pinkish part on bottom always seems to look 10x more noticeable in photos).

2) Before this, the normal castle colors have changed multiple times (I believe it started out as almost entirely gray & blue and sometime in the early 90s (or maybe earlier), the bricks got the multicolor treatment you see today and of course now, the top part got a makeover too.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    1) Those colors look much better in person.
    No, they don't.

For some reason, all current photos don't capture the marble-y color of it (and that pinkish part on bottom always seems to look 10x more noticeable in photos).
    That's^^ a priceless post up. I could use the same lame excuse (and have) to point out how much nicer the TDL castle color scheme is to you...and that won't change your opinion of it, so what makes you believe you will change ours? But fact remains.. TDL's has a nicer look to it.

• Magic Making

Which castle are we talking about here, WDWs are TDLs?

• Banned User

Originally WDW's. But another poster brought up TDL's. So now we are talking about both as far as I know.

• Magic Making

The christmas lights are already up on WDWs castle? Wow that was fast.

• Minion

That's^^ a priceless post up. I could use the same lame excuse (and have) to point out how much nicer the TDL castle color scheme is to you...and that won't change your opinion of it, so what makes you believe you will change ours? But fact remains.. TDL's has a nicer look to it.
    I agree with you, TDLFAN. He immediately comes to a conclusion about how ugly Tokyo Disneyland's color scheme is without ever having been there, yet makes a statement about how you have to see the Magic Kingdom's in person in order to properly judge it. And his reasoning is that because nobody has been able to accurately capture the real color scheme. Sounds like a double standard to me. I've seen both fairly recently and can (like mostly everyone) state that Tokyo Disneyland's color scheme is much nicer and prettier as well.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Disney Memory Maker

First of all, I am not trying to change anyones opinions. I am not stating that WDW's castle is nicer than TDL's and there is no other alternative. I am simply stating my opinions (and correcting that this wasn't the first repaint).

And I'm sure the TDL castle does look better in person (though 'better' not necessarily meaning 'good') than in pictures. However, the difference is that before I saw the new WDW castle in person (and only had pictures of the two to go by), I said that WDW's looked a little worse than the old colors and that TDL's looked butt-ugly. And it wasn't the quality of the photos either. To be honest, most of the TDL castle photos look better than WDW castle photos (the photo itself, that is).

yet makes a statement about how you have to see the Magic Kingdom's in person in order to properly judge it.
    Whoah there. Unlike some other members on this board, I did not say anything to the extent of 'you have to see it in person to properly judge it.' Where here did I say 'you can't judge until you see it' or 'your opinion is wrong?' Unlike other people, I am not saying it is a fact, but merely my opinion that it looks better.

...and can (like mostly everyone) state that...

Which castle are we talking about here, WDWs are TDLs?
    The post is technically about WDW's castle (this being the WDW thread and all), but the OP also brought up TDL's castle, so pretty much both.

• Minion

Still very strange as you are the only person here who dislikes Tokyo Disneyland's color scheme. Everybody who has seen both say that it's much better than the Magic Kingdom's, and I agree. Nothing wrong with your opinion, of course; it's just that you're definitely in the minority regarding this.

• Senior Minion

are you kidding me it looks sweet, a lot better than when it was boring. STOP comparing WDW to other places.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    are you kidding me it looks sweet, a lot better than when it was boring. STOP comparing WDW to other places.
    Umm...this is a open discussion. We are free to compare and contrast, as well as offer proper insight to other Disney parks whenever we want.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast