Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 53 of 53
  1. #46

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Umm...this is a open discussion. We are free to compare and contrast, as well as offer proper insight to other Disney parks whenever we want.
    ESPECIALLY... when the quality of the park that charges more money on attendance lags below one that charges less and offers much more entertainment...

  2. #47

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    207

    Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

    Well, first I've never been to TDL so I'm going to talk about pictures I saw. Well the colour scheme for that castle, IMO is better in some ways and worse in others. The top part of the castle is better. By far. With all that gold and fading colours. They should put more gold to the MK castle. But the problem with TDL castle is the lower part. At least I think, by the pictures of course, that it's too dark for a castle. Of course is inlight with the top part, but I think it's too dark. That part I prefer the MK castle colour. But as I sad I can't judge the TDL castle correctly as I never been there. But that's what the photos showed me

    And by the way, I like also the MK castle as it is right now, although I must confess the zig zag is a little too much for me.
    DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

    WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009

  3. #48

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

    Quote Originally Posted by coruscant View Post
    Well, first I've never been to TDL so I'm going to talk about pictures I saw. Well the colour scheme for that castle, IMO is better in some ways and worse in others. The top part of the castle is better. By far. With all that gold and fading colours. They should put more gold to the MK castle. But the problem with TDL castle is the lower part. At least I think, by the pictures of course, that it's too dark for a castle. Of course is inlight with the top part, but I think it's too dark. That part I prefer the MK castle colour. But as I sad I can't judge the TDL castle correctly as I never been there. But that's what the photos showed me
    Very fair opinion.
    And by the way, I like also the MK castle as it is right now, although I must confess the zig zag is a little too much for me.
    You know.. for me, the current color scheme on the MK Castle is so bland, that having the zigzag pattern and other optical accents, saves this castle from being a total bore. But that's just my fair opinion.

  4. #49

    • Creative Director
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You know.. for me, the current color scheme on the MK Castle is so bland, that having the zigzag pattern and other optical accents, saves this castle from being a total bore. But that's just my fair opinion.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it is bland, for myself...but I definitely agree that the accented patterns on the roofing give it detail and character (and I am quite shocked at how many do not like it, and don't quite understand truly why). Perhaps I like it and am used to it because of being used to Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland CA.

    I will say this about MK's castle - it seems unfinished. Truly, all it all looks fine expect for the castle wall colors...darker near the bottom and light near the top - not sure what they were going for, but the dark color doesn't quite work for me, and overall, the wall areas on the outside should probably be one color...the different shades make it seem unfinished.
    It is not that I don't like it...just that I don't get what they were going for. As if they stopped for some reason, and didn't continue because they figured what they had there somehow worked?

    I don't hate it...I just don't get it.

  5. #50

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

    Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite
    I will say this about MK's castle - it seems unfinished. Truly, all it all looks fine expect for the castle wall colors...darker near the bottom and light near the top - not sure what they were going for, but the dark color doesn't quite work for me, and overall, the wall areas on the outside should probably be one color...the different shades make it seem unfinished.
    It is not that I don't like it...just that I don't get what they were going for. As if they stopped for some reason, and didn't continue because they figured what they had there somehow worked?

    I don't hate it...I just don't get it.
    Are you referring to MK's castle or TDL's castle? TDL's castle is the one with the dark brick walls and the pink/tanish top walls (the bottom photo in the original post). MK's castle is the one with the light, multicolored bricks and the marble-ish top walls (along with the zigzags and criss-crosses).
    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 11-02-2007 at 10:37 PM.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  6. #51

    • Creative Director
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Are you referring to MK's castle or TDL's castle? TDL's castle is the one with the dark brick walls and the pink/tanish top walls (the bottom photo in the original post). MK's castle is the one with the light, multicolored bricks and the marble-ish top walls (along with the zigzags and criss-crosses).
    Magic Kingdom Cinderella Castle.


    And I don't know why when you quoted it says TDR_Fan when it should say tcsnwhite? I did say what you quoted right?

  7. #52

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

    Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    And I don't know why when you quoted it says TDR_Fan when it should say tcsnwhite? I did say what you quoted right?
    Yeah. It must have been an editing mistake.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  8. #53

    • Creative Director
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Yeah. It must have been an editing mistake.
    it's ok. thought it might have been just a glitch on the board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. My Cinderella castle photos share with you!
    By keithlee83 in forum Disney Collectables
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
  2. Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour
    By Malin in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 08:24 AM
  3. So what's the deal w/ Cinderella Castle?
    By bluntman in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 09:53 PM
  4. cinderella castle
    By kuksoolwon in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 11:34 PM
  5. Cinderella Castle Refurbishment
    By disneydude35 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 10:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •