Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

I am surprised no one has pointed this out yet. I just noticed the new painting effect they added to the roofline of the castle. Are they trying to shoot for Anaheim's more intricate roofline work? First came the criss-cross design above the clock. But this is too much:

It completely throws off the scale of the roofs and turrets. Plus it looks cheap and spray painted on. Maybe if they used actual roof tiles, it would work. But it looks terrible. And what is that ugly stage in front of the castle?

I just wish they went for this instead:

Last edited by DisneyMickey; 10-21-2007 at 08:30 PM.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Re: What did they do to Cinderella Castle???

I dont think it looks bad...

• Directly directed

What did it look like before?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I like it.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    I am surprised no one has pointed this out yet. I just noticed the new painting effect they added to the roofline of the castle. Are they trying to shoot for Anaheim's more intricate roofline work? First came the criss-cross design above the clock. But this is too much:

It completely throws off the scale of the roofs and turrets. Plus it looks cheap and spray painted on. Maybe if they used actual roof tiles, it would work. But it looks terrible. And what is that ugly stage in front of the castle?

I just wish they went for this instead:

You can't compare TDL's more elegant Castle paintjob (above) to WDW that's for sure... since TDL has a more expansive hub and they need to make up with a more elaborate castle look. Of course, that is not to excuse WDW's tiny mistakes here and there in regards to the castle. While the criss-cross look above the clock does not bother me much, I feel the color scheme of the bottom versus the pail brown/pink above is disjointed with the blue turrets.. and that is why the MK castle looks... cheaper, for lack of a better word.

As for the little carny tent on the stage, that is the "curtain" used during the "Dream Along with Mickey" stage show. The tent, which I agree is ugly, is there to conceil when performers come/go from backstage during the show. Personally, I find the tent clashes badly with the rest of the stage which was designed for the MK's version of "Cinderellabration" last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland
    What did it look like before?
    Below is the best picture I could find of the MK castle before they installed the "Happiest Celebration's" bling! Plus, I don't know about you kiddies, but I used to like the original hub and big trees in that area as well... Now, it looks a bit too bare.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 10-21-2007 at 09:22 PM.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Plus, I don't know about you kiddies, but I used to like the original hub and big trees in that area as well... Now, it looks a bit too bare.
    Trees!!!! OH... how wonderful those would be! Maybe someday...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don't think that is paint. It is probably the new lights that will make it look like there is snow on the castle. During the day it is said they will be able to blend in with the rest of the castle. This is probably a test of what can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I don't think that is paint. It is probably the new lights that will make it look like there is snow on the castle. During the day it is said they will be able to blend in with the rest of the castle. This is probably a test of what can be done.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...6.html?t=77016

I know about the new Christmas lights and snow effects on the castle. Just wondering how you think zig zag lines on painted on the roof look like lights from a snow effect. Plus the picture shown is of the castle in the daytime, lights wouldnt' show up that well if projected on the castle.

I guess you don't see much snow in Atlanta, but it looks nothing like what is being talked about in the pic

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    I know about the new Christmas lights and snow effects on the castle. Just wondering how you think zig zag lines on painted on the roof look like lights from a snow effect. Plus the picture shown is of the castle in the daytime, lights wouldnt' show up that well if projected on the castle.

I guess you don't see much snow in Atlanta, but it looks nothing like what is being talked about in the pic
    The lights can be more than just a snow effect. During the day they will be blue and grey to match the Castle's paint scheme. There are multiple colors to the strands of light.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Actually, the lights are already installed in the castle and I have to admit that you won't see them unless you pay close attention or get close to the castle itself. But anyways... I do not think the other poster was talking about them lights, as what he is complaining about IS the current paint job on the castle, and NOT the lights.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Actually, the lights are already installed in the castle and I have to admit that you won't see them unless you pay close attention or get close to the castle itself. But anyways... I do not think the other poster was talking about them lights, as what he is complaining about IS the current paint job on the castle, and NOT the lights.
    If it is paint, then it is paint. I just don't seem to recall it looking like that recently. I was thinking they may be trying to use the lights to change the look too.

• Banned User

The criss-cross pattern has been there since they repainted the castle after the Happiest Celebration bling was removed. Frankly, I am surprised no one ever noticed that sooner, because I did.

• Banned User

The criss-cross pattern has been there since they repainted the castle after the Happiest Celebration bling was removed. Frankly, I am surprised no one ever noticed that sooner, because I did.
    I did the other day and realized how bad it looks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast