• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Anyone experiencing Rain during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

Just curious if someone's night was ruined by rain during the party... anyone?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Re: Anyone experiencing Rain during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

Mine was not but i heard the first party (Sept 14 i think) was almost washed out by major storm
    Last edited by tiggerfan; 10-23-2007 at 05:07 PM.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

10/11 and 10/12 were clear, no rain at all.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Little Miss Sunshine

A couple of years ago, we went while Hurricane Wilma was coming through (it wasn't a bad storm here, just very rainy). It was the best! The lines were lighter, and the cast members were very free with the candy.

Of course, if I had been trying to take photos, it wouldn't have been good for that. But that was one of the best parties I have been too. The fireworks went, maybe one of the parades.

Denise
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

I was there last night, it was wet but both parades and Hallowishes went as scheduled. The only thing missing was the Headless Horseman.

• wicked? no. misunderstood

I've never actually been to a party, but I was just getting off work on Sunday and was walking down Main Street to leave and it started POURING. I felt really bad for everyone coming in for the party. Paying all that money and then getting rained out. Quite a few characters were simply moved to rain locations, however. The Tremaines were over at Princess Tent for their first two sets. So at least people had SOMETHING to do.
    there are TWO SIDES to every story

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    Mine was not but i heard the first party (oct 14 i think) was almost washed out by major storm
    We weren't at MK on the 14th, but we were at Epcot that night, no rain that I recall unless it came while we were eating.

On Thursday the 18th there was rain earlier in the day but it came and went in about an hour, and I know it rained later that night but I didn't hear any of it as I slept through it. Just noted that the grounds at Polynesian were very wet...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Esdeebee View Post
    We weren't at MK on the 14th, but we were at Epcot that night, no rain that I recall unless it came while we were eating.

On Thursday the 18th there was rain earlier in the day but it came and went in about an hour, and I know it rained later that night but I didn't hear any of it as I slept through it. Just noted that the grounds at Polynesian were very wet...
    Well you must have been inside a lot cause it rained like mad from about 730 until 930 or so.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

>>Well you must have been inside a lot cause it rained like mad from about 730 until 930 or so.<<

On Sunday October 14th? We had early reservations at Coral Reef, were probably out by 7, and went to Mission Space then watched Illuminations...no rain between 8 and 9 at Epcot, I'm sure! We were standing outside for about the entire show (me with my 7 year old on my shoulders...)

Scott

• Minion

No Friday September 14th, my typo on the earlier post

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    No Friday September 14th, my typo on the earlier post
    I was wrong too, we weren't at Epcot on October 14, (that was the 13th) we were at MGM, and we did leave early. So I'm not sure if it rained later, but I saw no signs of it. My bad, too.

Is the party worth it? If so, why? (We decided to skip it and I'm wondering if it was the right decision...)

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Last night, a thunderstorm began moving in during the second parade. When we were in the Haunted Mansion queue around 11:30, the storm arrived. It was perfect! Pouring rain and lightening while we waited in the covered queue, with water dripping down the face of the Leona tombstone. Perfect weather for visiting a haunted house. By the time we got out of the ride, it was only sprinkling. CMs by the exit were dumping handfuls of kissables into everyone's bags.

Fluffy Club Member

• Banned User

that's right last night was the invasioners night at the party. I know we got rain in tampa but it was way after midnight. It's raining here today but the forcast for florida is intermittent showers the rest of the week. So I guess will have to bring ponchos along tommorrow night for the party. and the family is going in costume as well. I guess there will be a bunch of wet romans in the park if it does.

• Wishing

Yeah it rained on us last night. I was just going through the Trick Or Treat Trail from Toon Town and the cards were very quickly removing their head pieces. As I reached the last stop the light sprinkles turned into a downpour. I chatted with one of the cards and she said they had removed the heads because of the rain. From their Mousercise and I made our way down main street where I ended up completely soaked, but she was dry with an umbrella.
    Most often found at a theme park

• Banned User

Last august, our Pirate/Princess party was partly affected by rain (remember that Aimster?) and we decided to leave, so we exchanged our tickets for the MNSSHP and we had a nice evening in late Sept.