Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney Theme Parks fan

Red Face Mickey's Very Merry X-Mas Party

What's is it like to attend MVMCP? This is my first time to visit the Magic Kingdom before the holidays arrive in December.
    Last edited by GhostToast; 10-23-2007 at 09:20 PM. Reason: ?

Re: Mickey's Very Merry X-Mas Party

Some people enjoy it.

I would never go because they charge you $45 (or more) for what used to always be included in regular admission and then act like they're treating you special.

I view it as them holding Christmas hostage unless you want to visit starting 12/23 when the crowds arrive and the rates go through the roof.

Since it's your first time, you may want to do it.

• Can't get enough!

We went last year and had a blast. However, the only benefit really is shorter lines and the christmas parade and shows. My daughter was wearing the Belle christams dress and she got to meet Belle wearing the same dress, that was kinda neat!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am going for the first time on December the 7th. I have purchased my ticket. and have it planned, so that I am not using a park admission at any park on that day. I understand that even though the party officially starts at 7 p.m. they let people in as early as 4:30 sometimes. We are having Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian at 2 p.m, so by the time we finish checking out the GingerBread House at that hotel, the Magic Kingdom should let us in. I am excited to see the park all decked out in it's holiday splendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am going for the first time on December the 7th. I have purchased my ticket. and have it planned, so that I am not using a park admission at any park on that day. I understand that even though the party officially starts at 7 p.m. they let people in as early as 4:30 sometimes. We are having Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian at 2 p.m, so by the time we finish checking out the GingerBread House at that hotel, the Magic Kingdom should let us in. I am excited to see the park all decked out in it's holiday splendor.
    Exactly what we did, worked well....got a lot done before the official start and the party was great!

• Minion

I've gone a few times. Last year we had a terrible downpour for the first couple of hours, but after that it was ok, sprinkly during the parade. It's just a tradition with my group, so we go every year. It's what we do!
    I want my cake back!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostToast View Post
    What's is it like to attend MVMCP? This is my first time to visit the Magic Kingdom before the holidays arrive in December.
    Its very nice, its been a few yrs since we went to it but they give you free cookies and hot chocolate when you get in. They blow fake snow on Main street and also the Osborne light festival which is very cool. Worth seeing if you have never been.

• Banned User

The only reason why I'd recommend this party is to attend in the event you won't be at WDW later in December and want to catch the special holiday entertainment before you go and the madhouse crowds arrive. Other than that, it's not worth it.

It is not worth the price. They do the same stuff on Xmas Day. $45 for cookies and hot cocoa. Ripoff

• Little Miss Sunshine

The last time I went, the parade was looking a bit worn. And they stopped the photograph, which was something I always enjoyed getting (I don't know if they still hand out buttons or not, I don't think so the last time I was there).

The Halloween Party for me is a must-do, but not the Christmas party. The cookies and hot chocolate aren't really free, part of the $50 cost - and just okay (I prefer the Whittard hot chocolate I have at home). If the party isn't as busy, it's nice having the park mostly to yourself. That last one would be the main reason I'd go.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

Denise, the MVMCP buttons were discontinued about 3 yrs ago. Then the picture quality went down hill when they went with their photomat people. Likewise with the cocoa and cookies... they used to be freshly baked, then they started offering what appears to be pre-packaged stuff.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Denise, the MVMCP buttons were discontinued about 3 yrs ago. Then the picture quality went down hill when they went with their photomat people. Likewise with the cocoa and cookies... they used to be freshly baked, then they started offering what appears to be pre-packaged stuff.
    The last time I went was a couple of years ago or so - whenever the last year of the photos was. That same year, the Halloween Party photo looked great. For Christmas, it was really low quality. I remember the cookies being better - and the hot chocolate is Nestle, I'm sure.

Do you remember when the Epcot Candlelight Processional packages included shopping discounts and pin/lanyards? I did shop in Epcot with that, it's too bad they stopped.

I did the Halloween Party 3x this year, I really do enjoy it very much. I used to feel the same way about the Christmas Party, but the value has gone down a lot over the years for me.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Do you remember when the Epcot Candlelight Processional packages included shopping discounts and pin/lanyards?
    Yes I do but you'd be surprised I never bought into any of the Candlelight packages... simply because I never cared much for the show, and frankly, I liked it better when it was done on Main Street and it was a one-weekend event only. Besides...in regards to the pins and lanyards, since the Pin market has crashed, I don't think it would be much of an incentive for Pin traders to spend the money on something that is virtually the same show and format year after year...

Quote Originally Posted by BALASADA View Post
    It is not worth the price. They do the same stuff on Xmas Day. $45 for cookies and hot cocoa. Ripoff
    Wow I have to agree if they do the same stuff for the same price on Actual Christmas it doe seem like a ripoff. Sadly I will not be staying all the way til Chirstmas day this year. But in a few years from now I am planning on doing the Disney College Program, and want to get a fall semester lay out so that I can be at WDW over Halloween and Christmas so hopefully I can see a lot of the holiday events when I do that in a few years from now!
    Thanks for the head up on the info I never would have know they did the exact same stuff on Christmas day...will certainly save $50 this year.

• Banned User

actaully they start on the 22nd this year i believe. it's the week of christmas and the following one. i heard the night before christmas show was really good but the one they do in front of the castle was to quote the person who saw it "a Mess".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast