• Disney-roo!

Question Upcoming Trip Question (next week)

I havent been since 2000 and really dont remember much so I have a few hopefully simple questions

We are flying up sunday the 28th and flying back saturday the 3rd.

1. Does the rain/thunderstorms affect your fun in any way? As in do alot of rides get disabled? I think no since most are indoors yeah?

2. With the weather and ther rain yet warm temperatures, does it make sense to bring pants or shorts?

3. Does this weather effect say Illuminations or the fireworks or Fantasmic even? Im assuming yes.. but still.. got to know

4. Anything else we should prepare for? Is it less crowded on days where its rainy thundery goodness?

5. And WEEEEEE!!!!! Im excited either way =p

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: Upcoming Trip Question (next week)

1. Many attractions are indeed indoors, especially in the case of EPCOT, so rain will have minimal interference.

2. I hope that you wear some sort of shorts under your pants...

3. Fireworks are VERY RARELY cancelled for weather reasons. There may be some modifications made to the show but no cancellations. I think IllumiNations had a 13 year run with 0 cancellations. The only reason they are cancelled due to weather is if lightening prohibits the crew to load the show and if there are very high winds such as in the case of a hurricane.

4. When it does begin to rain, many guests will take cover or leave the park. ALso, make sure that you bring your own ponchos so you won't have to spen the $12 or so and you can prance around in the rain.

5. WHEEEEEEEE!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Disneyholic

1) Not really, buy a small pocket umbrella to keep in your pack and bring your own poncho and your all set. Rain does tend to shift some people to the indoor rides sometimes but they don't usually shut them down.

2) Definitely Shorts, you may want to bring a pair of jeans or pants for the evenings or those restaurants that require them. About two years ago I remember freezing in the evenings once the sun went down in shorts and a t-shirt...

3) Not as often as you might think... they run them in the rain most days but violent thunderstorms and high winds can result in delays or cancellations.

4) Have a plan and I hope you already have your dining reservations in place because at this point you will have a hard time getting into a table service restaurants. For croud levels each day I'd send you to http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=14 for the croud calendar.

5) As you should be! Have a great trip and let us know how it went.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Most of the time the rain in Florida comes in short violent bursts. If you wait them out (unlike most people who run for their hotels), in about 30 minutes you'll have the park to yourself!

• Disney-roo!

Thanks for the replies. We already are set for the resturaunts. I booked those a month or so ago. All are in the parks with the exception of Maya.. How would I know if they require pants to go in?

Okay get a poncho, that sounds like a plan. Pocket Umbrella.. check. ooooo I am soooo ready for this trip. Its been a long time!

BTW im coming from California so we are yearly regulars at DL... Hopefully we will get enough fun

We also did the dining plan, so im looking forward to yummys without the thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Reubensitos View Post
    Thanks for the replies. We already are set for the resturaunts. I booked those a month or so ago. All are in the parks with the exception of Maya.. How would I know if they require pants to go in?

Okay get a poncho, that sounds like a plan. Pocket Umbrella.. check. ooooo I am soooo ready for this trip. Its been a long time!
    If all your dining is in the parks, you won't have to worry about how you dress (regular park attire is fine).

Ponchos are $7 in the parks, but if you don't buy one before you leave, here's a warning:

We had two light showers early in our trip two weeks ago, and my mom rushed to buy myself and her ponchos....nearly two weeks after coming home, it is still folded as pristinely as it came - unused. My point is (and it's not always easy to do this), depending on your tolerance for rain, you might not need one (always a good idea to watch the weather report on weather.com or accuweather.com).

Have a great time on your trip!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Bring long pants as well as shorts. It's been a little bit cooler here the last couple days and the 10 day forecast is showing temps in the low 80's next week (it's usually almost 10 degrees warmer).