Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: The closest Wal Mart to Disney?

I agree... BYE Denise.. I never had the chance to properly say goodnight before you left.

Now... going to Paris... Auresevoir!!!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I agree... BYE Denise.. I never had the chance to properly say goodnight before you left.

Now... going to Paris... Auresevoir!!!
    I didn't know where you all went off to! I said goodbye to Dusty and a few others, and I had no idea where everyone else was!

Enjoy Paris!!!! I can't wait to go back!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• May the F=ma be with you

Ah yes, Festval Bay has been a ghost town since it's opening. That's why I like it.
    It is possible to walk a few hundred feet before passing an 'open' store.

By the way, I can live in Outdoor World. That is the reason why I go to Festival Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Banned User

Wal-Mart is cheaper. That's the only reason I can imagine going..

• Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    There are actually 3 local Wal Marts (that I can think of) to Disney. Turkey Lake, which I've not been to. There is one on 535 in the Poinciana area, and then Kissimmee near GKTW. If you look on Mapquest, it's easier to find out which is the closest. (I just checked, and definitely 535 as others have pointed out to where you'll be).

Disney is such a big property, so some stores are closer to various resorts.
    Thanks very much for checking for me, so if i ask the cab driver to take me to the Wal Mart on the 535 he should know what i mean, i hope!.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Do they have Target down there?
    I would go to a Target over a Wal-Mart, but Wal-Mart has cheaper prices.
    It's a piece of America at the very least!

I second going to Target over Wal*Mart.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I am very happy for you, enjoy your trip and tell us all about it when you come back
    Thank you and i will, our last trip to WDW was way back in 1999 so it's well overdue. We were going to go a couple of years ago but we would have only been able to afford to go for a week then, by hanging on until this year we are now going for 2 weeks which was definetly the right decision.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed-One View Post
    Thanks very much for checking for me, so if i ask the cab driver to take me to the Wal Mart on the 535 he should know what i mean, i hope!.
    Sure! - I think it's actually Kissimmee as well. Someone else said how to get there - but if you went up Hotel Royal Plaza Blvd, and went to the right at 535, it'd be on your right hand side a few miles down. From POR/POFQ you wouldn't go that way, but it's very easy and I can't see how any cab driver won't know how to find it. You can just get the address (I don't think the address is actually 535, but it's right off the road).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think Festival Bay mall is worth the trip at all. Last time I was there it was literally a ghost town, with no customers and about 80% of the stores closed up and boarded up. If you want to do some shopping outside of Disney try the Orlando Premium Outlet it is located just across Downtown Disney on the other side of I-4 so it should be an inexpensive cab fare.

If you are going to pay for a taxi out to Festival Bay I would suggest that you go Mall at Millenia instead, it is very close an much nicer.
    I have just checked out both of those and they look great, i think i will have to try and squeeze them into our trip plan somehow!, i really love the shopping malls as you can tell!.
    Would you say the best way to get to the Orlando Premium Outlet would be to catch the boat from POFQ to Downtown Disney and get a taxi from there?.

Sure! - I think it's actually Kissimmee as well. Someone else said how to get there - but if you went up Hotel Royal Plaza Blvd, and went to the right at 535, it'd be on your right hand side a few miles down. From POR/POFQ you wouldn't go that way, but it's very easy and I can't see how any cab driver won't know how to find it. You can just get the address (I don't think the address is actually 535, but it's right off the road).
    Thanks again for the info, it has been a big help. I realise it would be a lot cheaper and much more convienient to have our own car but the only one of us who can drive is my dad and as he's coming up 75 years old he said he would'nt feel confidant to drive in the US.
    We will be using taxis a lot during our trip as apart from the shopping places we are also going to Sea World, Universal Studios and Discovery Cove so it is going to cost us quite a lot in cab fares but it will be worth it!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed-One View Post
    I have just checked out both of those and they look great, i think i will have to try and squeeze them into our trip plan somehow!, i really love the shopping malls as you can tell!.
    Would you say the best way to get to the Orlando Premium Outlet would be to catch the boat from POFQ to Downtown Disney and get a taxi from there?.
    I'm not sure it will make much difference from your hotel. You can get a taxi (or rental car), just get the I-4 exit to LBV, and you'll cross 535 towards the mall. It's only about a mile or two once you get off the exit (I used to live near there). Really, I'd just get the taxi from the hotel.

The super Publix is across the street from the back of the mall.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Well...beware. Festival Bay has been a major disappointment with shoppers and it's never that busy, but many areas of that mall remain closed due to the lack of tennants. I would recommend you go across the street to the newly renovated and much more active Prime One Outlets (formerly known as Beltz Outlets). Of follow Disney Magic's suggestions above.
    Thanks for letting me know, maybe i will give that one a miss then, it looked a lot nicer than you described on the website, i won't like it if it's too dead and many of the areas are closed.
    I will stick to Florida Mall, Wal Mart and the 2 that Disney Magic suggested

•   

Hello.

When will you arrive? How long will you be staying for? If you already posted that info I apologize for asking again, but I was not able to find it.

I'm not sure it will make much difference from your hotel. You can get a taxi (or rental car), just get the I-4 exit to LBV, and you'll cross 535 towards the mall. It's only about a mile or two once you get off the exit (I used to live near there). Really, I'd just get the taxi from the hotel.

The super Publix is across the street from the back of the mall.
    Thanks, i will do that. Which is the best and cheapest cab company to use?.
    Sorry for asking all these questions but i am not familiar with these things being from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Hello.

When will you arrive? How long will you be staying for? If you already posted that info I apologize for asking again, but I was not able to find it.
    We are staying for 2 weeks, arriving on the 11th December and leaving on 26th December

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast