• Hey, that's not Rose!

Best time to visit WDW?

Ok sorry if this is on here but the search isn't working for me. I am wanting badly to visit, and I would like to wait and come when EE is open, which I think I heard is in April. Is April a good time to come? When are the longest hours, shortest crowds, least expensive times to go?? Someone please help.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

Re: Best time to visit WDW?

According to the official Walt Disney World guide the least crowded times are

1. 2nd week of January through 1st week of February
    2. Week after Labor day until Thanksgiving and
    3. Week after Thanksgiving through week before Christmas

• I love Florida - and lamp

The best time I've found for WDW is definitely the two and a half months from Labor Day to the week before Thanksgiving. The weather in Florida is usually great (pay no attention to last year's last hurricane), and you'll have the parks and resorts pretty much to yourself. This is normally when all the hotels on-property and off have the best rates, too.

If you can make the time, the only disadvantages to the autumn are the occasional hurricane (I've been here seven years, and only during the '04 season did we get storms) and some attractions close for annual rehab.

Best times to visit for weather, longer hours, special events and managble crowds are October and early November, followed by March-May (depending upon spring break).

• (harmlessly)

I wholeheartedly recommend going in late October, particularly during WDW's 3 night Mickey's-Not-So-Spooky-Haloween celebration. If you buy your special event tickets via telephone and time your dinners right (so that you're eating in one of the resteraunts while the rest of the folks are getting ushered out of the park and/or standing in line outside the park awaiting entrance to the M.N.S.S.H), you'll be able to stay in the park for 15 hours straight!
    Also on the plus side: The ride lines during this time of year are also very short, the weather is warm but not brutally hot and the hotels are cheaper.
    On the bad side: There isn't much in the way of strreet entertainment or parades.
    Wait, I take that back.
    During the M.N.S.S.H. there are special parades featuring costumed versions of Mickey and friends as well as as almost every Disney villain ever!
    The Hedgehog's Dilemma

It is probably pretty busy, during the first part of May isn't it. We hav eto go for a convention, and want to make a vacation out of it. We went last year, in October, and it was great, weather was fantastic, hotel was inexpensive, and there were absolutely no wait times, plus M.N.S.S.H. is fantastic. but, i am worried that it will be brutal during the 1st part of May (4-10), probably humid, with terrible wait times.