Going to WDW 1st time for Christmas got suggestions?

Hubby and I have decided to take the kids to WDW for Christmas. Will actually be there for Christmas! How exciting! Would like to stay in hotel on property, have character meals if possible and, of course, visit all the parks. 1 a day. Will be there for alittle over a week.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions where to stay, websites to get good deals, etc. I would really appreciate it. I can't believe we are actually gonna do it! this will be the first time for any of us to go. We are gonna have so much fun!!! I can't wait!!

Thanks for the help.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Re: Going to WDW 1st time for Christmas got suggestions?

I am so jealous! It's always been my dream to spend a week at WDW at Christmastime. I would, of course, go it alone and love every minute. Hopefully in the next fews years...
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

That's so cool! I haven't been to WDW at Christmastime, but I know one thing I would do if I did and that would be book a dinner package at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional at the America Gardens Theatre. You'll have a nice meal at one of the table service restaurants around World Showcase and get preferred seating for the show.

I have the CD of the show and it's simply marvelous. ...someday I'll get around to actually seeing it!

An excellent website for WDW reviews of just about anything and everything there is www.allearsnet.com Also, check out www.mousesavers.com to see how you can save some dough on your trip.

Have a great time!

• Banned User

OH NO!!! Dec 25th is the possible worst day to go to WDW . Way too crowded. If you really wanted to enjoy all of the xmas offerings at WDW with lesser crowds.... go during the first two weeks in December, and also take advantage of "Mickey's very Merry Xmas" party. But if you plow ahead...be forewarned... Dec 25th-dec31st are the crowdest days of the year at WDW, especially since they have had record numbers in attendance in the past year or so. We locals AVOID going there on Xmas day at all cost.

Enjoy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    I would book a dinner package at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional at the America Gardens Theatre. You'll have a nice meal at one of the table service restaurants around World Showcase and get preferred seating for the show. I have the CD of the show and it's simply marvelous. ...someday I'll get around to actually seeing it!
    Ron... while I agree that the CD is very nice, and the show would be best viewed from a preferred seating area, I still believe this is one of WDW most overhyped productions. it's solemn alright and very impressive to watch, however, I have never liked it the way it is presented at EPCOT. When it was done at the MK, this was a more impressive and beutifully staged show, and you could not beat the impressive sight of the choir coming down Main Street with 'candles' in hand. Now that the show is presented nightly during Xmas and features a much smaller cast, the "impressive" aspect of it is lost for me. For a better Candlelight Processional, go see it at DL where is still presented the way it's meant to be seen.

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1sttimer
    Hubby and I have decided to take the kids to WDW for Christmas. Will actually be there for Christmas! How exciting! Would like to stay in hotel on property, have character meals if possible and, of course, visit all the parks. 1 a day. Will be there for alittle over a week.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions where to stay, websites to get good deals, etc. I would really appreciate it. I can't believe we are actually gonna do it! this will be the first time for any of us to go. We are gonna have so much fun!!! I can't wait!!

Thanks for the help.
    Hehehe, first, you are going during XMas, there will be A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE. MAJOR CROWDS. You cannot see each park in one day, mabey Animal Kingdom, mabey MGM if you skip things, NOT Epcot or MK. Simple as that.

Now, if you have visited DL before, then I recomend seeking out the WDW exclusives first, then hitting the DL favorites latter, as the exculsives usually don't have as long of lines as the ones you can also get at Disneyland.

As for hotels, they might be all booked up already, instead you might want to look into going AFTER Thanksgiving, but the week BEFORE Christman, it's less crowded, it's cheaper, and all the Christmas decorations are up!

If you could give us more information on your ride preferances and other likes, I can help you a lot.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Now, if you have visited DL before, then I recomend seeking out the WDW exclusives first, then hitting the DL favorites latter, as the exculsives usually don't have as long of lines as the ones you can also get at Disneyland.
    Now, that's good advise for a 1st timer at WDW who has been to DL before. May I even be as bold to add that after seeking the WDW Exclusives...then *skip* the ones that are DL favorites since most of what's found at the MK from DL is actually much much better in DL than the MK.

Now... this is not to discourage 1sttimer from going to WDW on Xmas day. Just being realistic as to what to expect. We all plowed ahead and visited DL on July 17th against our better rationale *knowing* ahead of time the crowds would be crazy and out of control, and they were but the Cast performed flawlessly with crowd control and everything went well. Hopefully things will be as nice for those who wish to visit WDW's MK on dec 25th. But you will need all the luck since I know how that place is run now a days...

Enjoy.

• Self Congratulative

It's manageable during Christmas, BUT, you can't expect anything less than more people than you can imagine. It's still fun, but make sure to plan your days carefully.

Also, if you go 30 minutes before the park opens and wait in the line to get in the park, your first 30 minutes to an hour will be VERY short lines. When I go during Christmas, I usually get many of the best rides done in that time and go on the shorter line rides later. If you're lucky, you can get Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Thunder Mountain done in that hour.

While I suggest planning your days carefully, make sure not to over-plan. Over-planning just leads to stress and mild panic when your plans get screwed.