Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

• I was deleted.

Re: 10.21.07-10.27.07 -- Coheteboy's 3rd Trip to WDW (Mice Invasion II)

Studios is odd with its closing times/F! times. Sometimes F! begins a half hour after park close, and then after the half hour show is over, the stores on Hollywood close. I don't recall your specific closing time/F! time now, but it might've been that.

Yes, it's sad when guests start leaving early. It's such a long walk out they often don't really accomplish much by leaving the show early. And it seems that as soon as one group leaves, other continue to go. The same happens with the slight show break in Wishes! and Illuminations. People tend to forget Disney puts in the BIG bang so guests can see that the show is over.

• Banned User

there was a time when hollywood blvd stores did stay open but that was before fantasmic. It would be nice if they did stay open a bit later and also have another exit for fantasmic viewers so you don't have to walk alll the way up sunset and then down hollywood. oh and while were at it can we take the hat away as well or at least move it out side the park.
    oh and before I forget , thanks for the pictures and great report can't wait to see more.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Enjoy this, but I'm beginning to think this is the trip report that refuses to die!
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    Enjoy this, but I'm beginning to think this is the trip report that refuses to die!

Haha, you're right! It's like a month after the trip started!!

But well... we're almost there! The light at the end of the tunnel is in sight!

DAY 5 -- 10.25.07 -- PLEASURE ISLAND

Everyone had some time to rest up and change back at Port Orleans and it was time to hit up Pleasure Island for an unofficial Mice Chat meet at the Adventurer's Club.

Jeff, Mousercise, Butterflylark and I take the boats from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney and who do we see in the boat already? It's Dustysage and Monorail Man! Fishbulb was also on the boat but didn't quite manage to get him.

Our first stop of the night, and the stop that lasted the longest was the ADVENTURER'S CLUB and my frickin goodness I wish I went there everynight!!

I had so much fun! Drinking and comedy. It don't get much better than that. And I like the format a lot better than Improv type theater because you're not just sitting in an audience and watching the comedian tell jokes... it almost feels like you're part of the show! And depending on where you sit, what you look like, etc... you might become a part of the show!

This is the main floor of the Adventurer's Club. We enter from the top floor where you can hang out and look down at all the fun. But there's a bar on the floor that makes it more fun.

Here's a look back at the top

Every now and then they have an act in their Library. Those who wish can go in and see the act. Those who don't are more than welcome to stay out in the lobby and drink and mingle with the other performers.

Dusty Sage, DOOM BGI, Monorail Man, Fishbulb

Bornieo Goes Bananas

Mousercise, Jeff

Here's one of the acts introducing some members of the audience to us..

This is a puppet that teaches us the Adventurer's Club song. He's super funny!

Jeff feeling tired

Around midnight or 12:30am a few of us left to check out the other clubs. The beauty of Pleasure Island is that you only need to pay one cover charge and you're free to roam around every club you want. It's so much nicer than paying a separate cover for each club!

Next up is the 70sTraxx or something.. I should have taken a picture of the name but I didn't. It was pretty groovy in there...

I liked the music and it was neat to get away from all the kiddies! I was starting to feel like there was nobody our age at WDW!

Next up was MANNEQUINS which is a very cool club / bar with a rotating dance floor!

That was super cool. DOOM BGI and Mousercise stayed in there the rest of the evening but after a while I wanted to check out the other places too. BET Soundstage... NOT my thing.

And before we knew it, it was closing time. Coming up, the last day of theme park fun!

Say good bye to Pleasure Island!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shablagoo!

The revolving dance floor at Mannequins is something else. So is the Adventure's Club. I'd love to see them imported out west.

• I was deleted.

Yay! PI! Kongaloosh!

Starting Jan of 2007 nearly all of PI (minus Comedy Warehouse at AC) became 21+ so it is quite easy to, as you say, "get away from the kids."

• MiceChat Moderator

At long last....

10.26.07 -- friday

Friday was meant to be the all day at EPCOT but there were quite a few things at Magic Kingdom we needed to see. So off we go...

We wanted to go on Splash Mountain so we first boarded the Magic Kingdom railroad to Frontierland.

The thing that felt weird was where the Frontierland station was located.

It sat right between Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. Two E-Ticket Mountains sitting side by side? Kinda made each one not as special or something.

But anyway, Splash!

Coming up: reasons why Florida's Splash Mountain totaly rules.

• Bucket List Car

You're doing a great job on this TR; I love your photos and commentary. Keep it up!!

• Mickey is not my Brother

Even more fun pics, keep then coming Coheteboy, can't wait to check out splash mountain

• MiceChat Moderator

Thanks you guys! I can't wait to finish this report so I can go onto more current things!

Continuation of Day 6! Why does Splash Mountain in Florida rule? Well it's simple. They did what Disney is supposed to do. Take something that works... and then make it better! It's not that hard!

Disneyland's was the original in 1989 and I'll always love it for that. It's a great attraction and I actually like the look of the mountain better than the one in Florida, but the ride itself here is more full and complete.

It begins in the queue... they have portraits of all the different Brer characters on display so you know their names at least.

The logs are side by side and while it's more comfortable, I actually prefer the single file method at Disneyland. It's something I can't explain.

Goin up!

I love Brer Frog. He's a favorite of mine so it pleases me to no end that he's heavily featured in this attraction.

Another cool feature about MK's Splash is that every other drop, a huge canon fires water over the crowds. It's fun to see the unsuspecting riders and crowds get wet.

Weeee the first drop!

There's a lot of animatronics in this one that tell a more complete story of Brer Bear and Fox going after Brer Rabbit. Knowing the story so well, I didn't really know just how much CA's was missing until I saw this version. Really cool.

A familiar sight...

Oh before I forget, the 2nd drop is better too!

We're coming out!

WWEEEEEEEE!!!!!

That photo was taken before the guy's hat flew off. Luckily, it flew right into my hand. He was incredibly thankful that I caught it. I was pretty shocked that I did too! I was like a ninja and didn't even know it!

The onlookers

The photo spot

So that's a quick look at Splash. A cruise in the jungle is coming up!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

YAY more TR!!!
    Make me miss Pleasure Island and Adventurer's Club so bad!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Thanks again, Coheteboy. One thing I like about this trip report is that you give explanations of why an attraction is better or worse. For example I had read before that Fantasmic at DL or Splash at MK were better than their counterparts, but not why. So reading your explanations gives me a better understanding.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Thanks for sticking with this trip report Coheteboy! I enjoy reading about WDW through your eyes. The commentary about Splash Mountain was just as educational as it was entertaining. Thanks so much for taking the time to do that! It's much appreciated.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Great Splash shots

• Minion

Great pictures. I agree about Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain being better than Disneyland's, but the best version by far is Tokyo Disneyland's. It improves on the Splash Mountain concept even more, with a full blown Critter Country (nothing like the shoehorned design in Disneyland) and an elaborate indoor queue that digs into the mountain itself with nice ponds, streams, and even an AA owl that talks. A large cavernous space with the aforementioned water features holds separate loading and unloading stations to increase the attraction's efficiency. Oh, and the ride itself features much more AAs than the Magic Kingdom's and is much more colorful and intimate. The mountain itself is the prettiest and lushest of the 3 versions in my opinion.

~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast