Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

• That's a lot of look.

Re: 10.21.07-10.27.07 -- Coheteboy's 3rd Trip to WDW (Mice Invasion II)

What? No more TR? That can not be! Oddly enough, that ended too abruptly. Please come back with some final thoughts or a wrap-up!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

I sat across from Coheteboy last night at the MiceChat New Year's Eve dinner. We discussed this trip report. I told him that I thought that his trip report was a shining example of what a trip report SHOULD be - carefully selected photos with an interesting commentary - not too many photos, not too much verbage.

He told me that he intends to conclude this report with his final thoughts on the trip soon. These things take a lot of work - I'm sure the finale will come in due time.
    Rick

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    I sat across from Coheteboy last night at the MiceChat New Year's Eve dinner. We discussed this trip report. I told him that I thought that his trip report was a shining example of what a trip report SHOULD be - carefully selected photos with an interesting commentary - not too many photos, not too much verbage.

He told me that he intends to conclude this report with his final thoughts on the trip soon. These things take a lot of work - I'm sure the finale will come in due time.

You are quite right, my friend, and thanks very much for all the kind words. It really does make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm still collecting my thoughts and I will finish very soon, I promise!

I think I should start another TR with new year's eve photos first though....

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Do You know?

I am loving that this is still going on! I love that picture of Fishy on the bus.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Most excellent non-heinous trip report David! Of course the funniest thing as I told you before is that I have been to WDW and back again since this trip report began!

It was fun spending time with you guys in Florida even though it was just for a little bit... and it's so great to see what fun you all were up to all that time I was wondering where you were! Your TR is so complete and fun it's just like being there!

--Jonathan

• Queen of Randomness

I didn't think that I was going to spend my whole night in this thread! But it was great. I'm going to WDW in a day so I especially loved your report. I got me really excited about my trip and it gave me ideas on what I want to do while there. Thanks for the report!

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• MiceChat Moderator

Thanks, DOOM! It was great to have a seasoned regular take us around even for that brief amount of time!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal View Post
    I didn't think that I was going to spend my whole night in this thread! But it was great. I'm going to WDW in a day so I especially loved your report. I got me really excited about my trip and it gave me ideas on what I want to do while there. Thanks for the report!
    Wow, that's great! Hopefully you will be so kind and make a report of your trip?

Ok so my final wrap up. I'm afraid I waited so long I don't know quite what to say. I really did have an enjoyable time but there are a few things I really didn't like at all about WDW. I'll try to summarize them here.

PARK HOPPING and TRANSPORTATION
    The Disney Transports for park hopping, and the one method for tourists without cars to get around is a huge pain. There are never enough busses when you need them and with WDW being as large as it is, it does seem like it takes forever to get to where you need to go.

Maybe an alternative would be a nice way to lessen the load? They have monorails and ferry's, but the don't take you everywhere you'd like to go.

I think next time I'll rent a car.

GUEST SERVICE
    Cast Members on the whole really disappointed me. Out of 10 CMs, 1 would be terrific, 2 would be 'ok', and 7 would be downright terrible. I was completely shocked at how bad some of these CMs were. The first day at the hotel, I had the lady at the front desk yell at me to move because she was already helping another guest, who wasn't even there when I approached. Surely she could have asked me with some more politeness.

-At Port Orleans, we were staying for an entire week. But everyday our maid would take all our soaps!! We would only use it once and then they were gone. Talk about a waste! And it's not like we were getting brand new fresh ones... we had to ASK someone to bring more soap!!!! I'm not losing my mind just a little about this am I? It's a legitimate frustration to come back to the room and want to cleanse myself but not able to.

-One bus driver one morning was tailgating, honking, and yelling at other cars to get out of our way. Really.... we were excited to get to the park but her negativity really changed the mood I had that day.

-I was standing watching while a shop was closing at midnight. A guest tried to enter but the CM snapped at him, "We're closed!" alriiighty then. I know as a CM you experience nonstop stupidity from a lot of guests, but is it really that hard to tell someone "sorry, we just closed up."?

-There were so many other experiences that I just felt were really bad. I'm not gonna list anymore because I don't think people should skip out on a vacation just because I had some lousy service throughout the resort. What really got me though was that my experience at Universal was amazing in comparison. WDW is probably just so big that many CMs are also there only temporarily and may not understand how everything works or where everything is... but that's ok! I'll understand if a CM tells me that they honestly don't know. But I cannot stand when a CM tells me that they don't know and then expects me to bother someone who gives a darn. Even if you don't know, courtesy is key.

OPERATING HOURS
    Operating hours might be something that frustrated me the most... and it ultimately ties into the problem with park hopping and or transportation. Each park's hours are designed to maximize the resort's money potential... not the guests. For instance, they'll close an entire park when Fantasmic! begins. That way, everyone will be going to the show and then funneled out the front gates so they don't need to keep people working. But as soon as Fantasmic is over, the shops on hollywood close too! Doors shutting in people's faces left and right. Need to buy something? Too bad, we're closed. But enjoy Downtown Disney!

That's right. Downtown Disney. The mega store of the entire WDW. This area opens late so the parks close even earlier to ensure you make use of it.

I kinda don't get why at WDW, they have later hours for the weekend still. Don't they know that guests spend a lot of time during the week? We usually use weekends for travel and would like some time during the week for late night theme park going. With the short hours, I found myself unable to do everything in one day so I was basically FORCED to park hop.

And when parks control what the guests do and when they do it, it creates the congestion at the transportation shuttle areas.

THEME PARKS
    As for the parks themselves, definitely need more in them. I think EPCOT is the greatest thing here. It's fantastic. I love it. MK seems like a complete park too but only in comparison to the rest. But it's still missing a lot of magic that it has the potential to have. Imagine if you took Disneyland... stretched it out so it was bigger and had more room to walk... then removed a few big attractions so you have even more empty space, you'd have the Magic Kingdom. I probably wouldn't be complaining about this if they didn't charge so much per day. You'll still have fun of course, but one expects more from a place with "world" in the name.

MK has 45 attractions.
    Epcot has 17 (though the showcase themselves are attractions in their own way)
    MGM Studios has 17 attractions.
    Animal Kingdom has 22 attractions.

But alas, there's more to WDW than attractions right?

Alright so anyway... that's the negative stuff that I had to get out there. I know it's nasty and it's not fun but it was my experience. Now, I still look forward to the day I return to appreciate the parks themselves for what they are, but I really do hope that the next time I go, there will be even more attractions to see.

The world's the same. There's just less in it. I hope that won't be the case next time!

The good:
    -PLEASURE ISLAND
    -food prices and variety
    -Mission:Space
    -Expedition Everest
    -Haunted Mansion
    -Splash Mountain
    -Gran Fiesta Tour with Three Caballeros

Thanks for reading. See you at the parks!

• Minion

^ I thought for sure the wristbands and confusing extra magic hours would make the bad list.

Aww the TR is over no more reliving vacation time.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    ^ I thought for sure the wristbands and confusing extra magic hours would make the bad list.

Aww the TR is over no more reliving vacation time.

Haha.... you're right. Extra magic hours wasn't so magical either! Kinda made the experience not so special when you were constantly yelled at by cast members to show your wrist bands. I know they're just doing that so nobody is "caught unawares" that they need a wristband but it really does leave a hollow feeling inside.

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Glad you finished up with your final thoughts on this awesome TR, great meeting you on New Years and see you at the Mega Meet.
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920