Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    10

    Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    I am trying to decide between Pop Century and All Star Sports. Which one is more convenient to get to Animal Kingdom? I have stayed at the All Stars many times but have never been to Pop Century. Does anyone have any info about it?

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    Pop Century is closer to the Epcot area near the Wide World of Sports complex, so if you wanted to be near Animal Kingdom, the All Star's are the way to go as they are right down the street.

    Personally I like Pop Century better than the All Stars but if location is what your going for then go with Sports.

  3. #3

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    481

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    I have a small question but I don't want to create a whole thread.

    One of the things I like to do at Disney parks is linger a little bit after closing, especially on nights when the park is open late. If I stayed at a value resort or one without monorail access, how late do the buses run?

    If I stayed at a resort with monorail access, how late do the monorails run?

    I would hate to linger as usual but miss the last bus or monorail of the night and become stranded.

  4. #4

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    I have a small question but I don't want to create a whole thread.

    One of the things I like to do at Disney parks is linger a little bit after closing, especially on nights when the park is open late. If I stayed at a value resort or one without monorail access, how late do the buses run?

    If I stayed at a resort with monorail access, how late do the monorails run?

    I would hate to linger as usual but miss the last bus or monorail of the night and become stranded.
    There was one evening that we found ourselves stuck after closing at AK with all the buses gone for the night. Disney had a bus waiting for the remaining folks that didn't quite make it out on time. When I asked if that happens all the time, the CM in question said, "Absolutely." The only thing with that is it goes to multiple hotels, so that would be the only downside.

    So linger all you like, they have the means to get you where your going.

  5. #5

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    I like the Pop location, as it's more central to Epcot. But it's not a very far ride from AK either.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  6. #6

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    I have a small question but I don't want to create a whole thread.

    One of the things I like to do at Disney parks is linger a little bit after closing, especially on nights when the park is open late. If I stayed at a value resort or one without monorail access, how late do the buses run?

    If I stayed at a resort with monorail access, how late do the monorails run?

    I would hate to linger as usual but miss the last bus or monorail of the night and become stranded.
    I was led to believe that it is traditionally an 1hr and 30mins after park closing that the buses stop running. I could be wrong though but that's what they said on a bus one time I rode it.

    While All Stars is technically closer to DAK you might have some extreme transportation issues. The lines for the bus are pretty bad and chances are you would have to wait 2-3 buses before you can fit on one. I think as far as All Stars go you made a smart choice with Sports since you have to share a bus route with Music and Movies but you get to be picked up first so you are more guaranteed a seat on the bus.

  7. #7

    • Super Old Guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,478

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Splangaroo View Post
    I am trying to decide between Pop Century and All Star Sports. Which one is more convenient to get to Animal Kingdom?
    I think people make too much about location in their choice of Disney resorts. The property is large, but it's not that large. You can get to any park from any hotel in a reasonable amount of time. The Pop is in the same general area as the All Star Resorts. And I think the Pop is MUCH nicer than the All Stars. The theming is fun, and the landscaping is quite a bit lusher. It has more of a moderate feel, while the All Stars very much have a Motel 6 feel for me. Go with the Pop - your ride to DAK might be 3 or 4 minutes longer, but it's the nicer choice of lodging.

  8. #8

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,320
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    There is a catch with staying at any of the All Star Resorts. Many times the route stops at all three resorts where as the [incomplete] Pop Century has its own dedicated route. So while the bus trip may be a little bit shorter from All Star Sports, that bus will most likely also be visiting All Star Music, All Star Movies, and Blizzard Beach.

    Blizzard Beach is commonly part of the route to Animal Kingdom.

  9. #9

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I think people make too much about location in their choice of Disney resorts. The property is large, but it's not that large. You can get to any park from any hotel in a reasonable amount of time. The Pop is in the same general area as the All Star Resorts. And I think the Pop is MUCH nicer than the All Stars. The theming is fun, and the landscaping is quite a bit lusher. It has more of a moderate feel, while the All Stars very much have a Motel 6 feel for me. Go with the Pop - your ride to DAK might be 3 or 4 minutes longer, but it's the nicer choice of lodging.

    I agree with this 150%, having stayed at both Pop Century and All Star Music/Movies, Pop definitely has a different feel to it.

  10. #10

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I agree with this 150%, having stayed at both Pop Century and All Star Music/Movies, Pop definitely has a different feel to it.
    The rooms had been upgraded from the All Stars, though the nicest and newest rooms are now at the All Star Music.

    But I like the lake, and the food court is my favorite.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,624

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    the problem i have with the allstar is that is where they "house" all the cheerleaders, bands, music groups etc. that perform at WDW so it can get a bit roudy. I have stayed at the all starts twice and both time felt like I was in the middle of high school drama. not my idea of a vacation.

  12. #12

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,823

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    I'm staying at Pop Century this weekend. Wasn't quite sure where it was located, so nice to hear it's close to EPCOT.

  13. #13

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Which value resort is closest to DAK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    the problem i have with the allstar is that is where they "house" all the cheerleaders, bands, music groups etc. that perform at WDW so it can get a bit roudy. I have stayed at the all starts twice and both time felt like I was in the middle of high school drama. not my idea of a vacation.
    There was graffiti in the stairwells during Pop Warner last year (large, magic marker grafitti) that was there the 3 days that I was.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Grocerys stores closest to WDW?
    By Psyure in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 06:23 AM
  2. What is the name of the Resturant closest to Fantasmic?
    By Beatle_johnny in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 01:48 AM
  3. The closest Wal Mart to Disney?
    By Charmed-One in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 03:56 PM
  4. Character Warehouse closest to WDW?
    By FantasticDuck in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 05:46 AM
  5. Closest Casino to Disneyland?
    By sir clinksalot in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 08:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •