Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Confused One

Pal Mickey [and Figaro Fries]

Hey all I just saw PAL MICKEY I WANT ONE. But my question is are they worth it and should I wait till my trip to WDW in may to buy one? I see them on ebay and the main problem I have there are is it says it will tell you about parade times but as I recall disney likes to change times some times so does this mean Pal Mickey will change when it goes in to the park? Still a little confused by it. How does it know the ride wait times? Wifi? Just wondering. But I still WANT ONE .

And I might get in trouble but what are Fargo (think that's right) Fize (Ya I now I am wrong on that spelling) the frize with I think it's ranch on it. I gotta try them at WDW.

Any help on this would be great

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Pal Mickey

I know some people who had them during Invasion II were actually getting quite annoyed with Pal Mickey.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Pal Mickey is VERY cute. He vibrates and says "Gosh" every time he wants your attention. Then you squeeze his tummy or hand and he'll tell you something about the park you are in or let you know that he wants to play a game with you: "I feel like singing. I'll start the song and you finish. If you want me to sing it for you, squeeze my tummy."

A couple of problems - He NEVER shuts up, and it can be difficult to hear him in crowded areas.

On the plus side - He is VERY cute and an interesting diversion when you are caught in line somewhere.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

I think they are an expensive gizmo for lonely people who do not have a date. Personally, they annoy me. I much rather rely on the guidemaps to plan my day, as opposed to Mickey going off every two minutes to remind me I am going to miss the 3pm if I don't rush.
    One thing I have to say for PalMickey though... he has nicer costumes than the WDW CMs themselves, and he wears them better too.

• For You!

My 6 year old loved it. Yes, it's a novelty and my kids had fun playing the games and hearing the jokes. But, for $70.00, I'd rather get a huge plush mickey and buy a joke book instead.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Viking16 View Post
    How does it know the ride wait times? Wifi?
    No, Infrared. His nose is the receiver, and there are transmitters inside the parks. I picked one up this trip. Thought the Pal is delightfully cute. However, unless your going to the park with a backpack, he can be an extra thing to carry.
    -Monorail Man

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think they are an expensive gizmo for lonely people who do not have a date. Personally, they annoy me. I much rather rely on the guidemaps to plan my day, as opposed to Mickey going off every two minutes to remind me I am going to miss the 3pm if I don't rush.
    One thing I have to say for PalMickey though... he has nicer costumes than the WDW CMs themselves, and he wears them better too.
    At least he's a cheap date. $70 and you don't have to feed him.

Or less, if you find him at the outlet.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Disneyholic

Hey all I just saw PAL MICKEY I WANT ONE. But my question is are they worth it and should I wait till my trip to WDW in may to buy one? I see them on ebay and the main problem I have there are is it says it will tell you about parade times but as I recall disney likes to change times some times so does this mean Pal Mickey will change when it goes in to the park? Still a little confused by it. How does it know the ride wait times? Wifi? Just wondering. But I still WANT ONE .

Pal Mickey has a receiver in his "nose" area, where he picks up triggers to provide his spiel. He pulls a update at the entrance to each park when you enter, and yes he never shuts up until you switch him off. I have one of the original first generation Pal Mickey's and he's held up very well over the years. Only thing is he can drain batteries while in WDW so keep extras on hand. When he starts acting weird replace his batteries and if needed take him to one of the stores that sell him to be "reprogrammed".

The only other thing is, well he's not as much fun when at home. We did have a good laugh once when at the airport on our way home when he told us the parade was about to start... So yes some of it is programmed in at park entrance while other is done by some sort of proximity trigger.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    A couple of problems - He NEVER shuts up, and it can be difficult to hear him in crowded areas.
    And I bet he doesn't shut up in the HM foyer and strethcing gallery too!

• Confused One

Hehheheh I can hear it now in the HM when your in the Streaching room where it is quiet and you hear the parade is starting. Hehehhe now that would be funny and the best way to get him to shut up is PULL THE BATTERIES

• Disneyholic

Hehheheh I can hear it now in the HM when your in the Streaching room where it is quiet and you hear the parade is starting. Hehehhe now that would be funny and the best way to get him to shut up is PULL THE BATTERIES

Mine has a power switch on the back... not hard to shut the little guy off if you want some quiet time. He only speaks when he's triggered by one of the IR transmitters or at pre-determined times.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Minion

I have PM, but I bought him with a pretty good discount. Yeah, he tells some pretty corny jokes, but he did tell me something pretty funny when we were leaving Pirates! He's not supposed to go off during a ride, but I think he said something once while I was on something, I can't remember. I plan on taking him with me this year and attaching him to a lanyard, then I can display my Christmas pins as well.
    I want my cake back!

I was thinking of getting a Pal Mickey as a Christmas gift for a 4 year old & 9 year old. Where would be the best place to purchase one? With outfits? do they sell them at disneyland for Disney World? Or vice versa?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I don't think they have Pal Mickey at Disneyland. But you should be able to order one through
    WDW merchandising at 1-407-363-6200

Just tell them what you are looking for and you can purchase it over the phone.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

just remember to add shipping when ordering from deliver ears. We have two pal mickeys. one version one, and the other the newer version. they can hook onto a belt buckle when you are walking around the parks. the only problem we have with them is forgetting to bring them along.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast